On 5/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, BRANDON LONG said:

Isn't this filed just next to the single shear or double post? 🤪

no its in the dual vs duel thread

• Like 1
3 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

TIG'd chromoly...

20210608_161104.thumb.jpg.07fa6854cab076ac2d621de51bf59800.jpg

20210608_161113.thumb.jpg.7120f3304e6c1baa50a55c039055a4e7.jpg

If that’s tigged chromoly then I guess I’ll just stick to stick welding mild steel together and add some pigeon poo for added flavor 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

TIG'd chromoly...

20210608_161104.thumb.jpg.07fa6854cab076ac2d621de51bf59800.jpg

20210608_161113.thumb.jpg.7120f3304e6c1baa50a55c039055a4e7.jpg

That needs some “Crack Spackle”!

Edited by FOG
5 hours ago, Rorschach said:

If that’s tigged chromoly then I guess I’ll just stick to stick welding mild steel together and add some pigeon poo for added flavor 

What's wrong with the welds?  If you're looking at this on a phone try a regular computer, you'll see the silver vein powder coat, which may be why you think the welds are "pigeon poo".  They aren't.

While I am looking at it on my phone I can see that the weld broke but has zero penetration. If the weld had penetrated the metal then when it cracked it would take some of the metal with it. Here you can see the metal is still fully intact and only the weld broke. Also that one irregular spot looks like the weld didn’t even make contact with the piece to the left so the weld was only on the piece with the larger holes and serving no purpose in that area

• Like 1

You all know bringing this back was a joke right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I may be wrong to say no penetration but it looks like only the weld cracked and the crack should have taken some of the parent metal with it if it were a good weld but it didn’t so maybe it was just the weld itself that was weak or done wrong. You can see by the other crack below at the tube that it penetrated because it cracked along side the weld but the tube just wasn’t thick enough or strong enough for the force being applied. 

8 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

What's wrong with the welds?  If you're looking at this on a phone try a regular computer, you'll see the silver vein powder coat, which may be why you think the welds are "pigeon poo".  They aren't.

Actually I wasn’t calling those welds pigeon poo. I was just saying I may add some poo to my welds every now and then but that’s what grinders are for right 

• Like 1

I am in no way, shape or form a professional welder. I am only an experienced welder if that makes any sense. I have been welding out of necessity for 30 years but I am not educated outside of my experience. I could be doing it wrong. I should not be taken seriously and in most cases ignored. 

• Like 1

I was entertained with the last Desert Dynamics/ Buggyworks/ dual sport/ sand chassis/ boxed arms/ center pivot/ leading edge/ that made the last site crash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, Mac said:

It's all fun and games until the one douchebag that takes this all serious shows up.

Winner !  Now let's debate what happens when you lift off the throttle at the end of the drags  . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, South Bay said:

Winner !  Now let's debate what happens when you lift off the throttle at the end of the drags  . . .

Here? In the dom vs chromo thread? Or in the Speed UTV thread?

1 hour ago, Mac said:

You all know bringing this back was a joke right?

Humor and Sarcasm have been deleted from the data base they have been replaced with cynicism and redundant acerbity all with the unamusing results of a wet fart after gas station sushi.

Keep your toilet paper dry and your phone charged

• Like 1
  • Site Sponsor
On 6/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, John@Outfront said:

no its in the dual vs duel thread

Actually that can be solved with a dictionary, lol 

23 hours ago, MWB said:

Humor and Sarcasm have been deleted from the data base they have been replaced with cynicism and redundant acerbity all with the unamusing results of a wet fart in church after gas station sushi.

Keep your toilet paper dry and your phone charged

FIFY

• Haha 1

The following photographs are examples of tire “thread”. The percentage of unexposed thread is the number that folks are referring to when making such a reference. 
Now you know. 

8B0D6F5A-0B2A-44B4-9924-5882D1C7A0D9.jpeg

1528ED3E-1691-48F7-9470-907A547241A1.jpeg

08FCD96A-1286-4AF0-9170-D2221EA8054C.jpeg

74C0043F-DB0F-44CD-9FC2-E41EB2029FBC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1