sausage450r

Health Insurance Input

So paying 500$/month to kaiser for my 3 month old is getting a little old. Since my wife and I are responsible californians, we do not qualify for any sort of low cost benefits or anything from the state (we only are forced to pay for the dirtbags). Been looking for a different option and its all really confusing. PPO seems like what I feel I should put her on. found a 4k$ yearly max out of pocket, 50/50 visits, 15$ drugs, costs about 200$/month.

little background, my wife and I have full coverage through my employer but to add our daughter to my plan is 500$ month just for her. My wife is a federal employee (usps), but they only preach that employers should supply healthcare, they don't actually do that for their employees, they consider her part time, though she works about 45+hrs a week as a fill in mail carrier.

what are some options you people are using?

suggestions?

my daughter is very healthy, hasn't even had a sniffle yet, though i know shit can hit the fan quick with kids.

So paying 500$/month to kaiser for my 3 month old is getting a little old. Since my wife and I are responsible californians, we do not qualify for any sort of low cost benefits or anything from the state (we only are forced to pay for the dirtbags). Been looking for a different option and its all really confusing. PPO seems like what I feel I should put her on. found a 4k$ yearly max out of pocket, 50/50 visits, 15$ drugs, costs about 200$/month.

little background, my wife and I have full coverage through my employer but to add our daughter to my plan is 500$ month just for her. My wife is a federal employee (usps), but they only preach that employers should supply healthcare, they don't actually do that for their employees, they consider her part time, though she works about 45+hrs a week as a fill in mail carrier.

what are some options you people are using?

suggestions?

my daughter is very healthy, hasn't even had a sniffle yet, though i know shit can hit the fan quick with kids.

I was paying $900 for a family of 4 through Blue Shield. We recently switched to Health Net PPO (comparable to the numbers you mentioned, but with 10K max for all of us) and its more than half the cost. The insurance game is tricky, but pick somebody reputable...

:dunno: Get a local government job. I pay $21.10 a month for HMO medical, dental and vision.

:dunno: Get a local government job. I pay $21.10 a month for HMO medical, dental and vision.

Local government you say! Now you tell me! I've been a Fed Employee for 17yrs and I pay over $900 a month for my portion of the high option Blue Cross Blue Shield Family plan. Not to mention we have been salary frozen for (3) years now. However our portion of the employee "Benifit" contributions keep going up.

i'm out of pocket for 2. so far in 8 and 6 years i have spent less than just monthly dues.

$500 x 8 years $48k

say $250 for second another $18k

$66k total and i have spent maybe $5k

nothing to major, 1 surgery, wellness checks, sick visits and prescriptions.

if something major happens it could screw me.

but then again my buddy's company health insurance went bankrupt right after he had his galbladder removed.

he is repaying $150 a month for 11 years

I pay 435.00 a month out of my paychecks for health, dental for myself and my 2 kids.

Thats a hell of alot of money when you arent making shit. Im a single mom .. hence the 2nd job.

Ive had some serious tooth aches lately and havent started my treatment because the down payment is

ridiculous. Looks like I gotta suck up the pain a little longer :bigcry:

i pay on the high side of 11.5k per year out of pocket for health care, dental care, and vision. all ppo. if i had went with hmo health and dental, it would cut in half. no thanks.

i prefer medical students that studied. not the c- students kaiser employs.

so far my experience with kaiser over the past ten years is that they are terrible. I will say their childbirth nurses are EXCELLENT, its was like a whole nother hospital when my daughter was born. anytime I have been to the doctor/er, its been terrible.

under the new rules of obamacare, my daughter costs just as much as myself to insure. can't descriminate so we all pay a higher rate.

anyone have a breakdown on what the difference is between HMO, PPO, etc.

I only paid $166 per month for my grandson for the 1st year and after that it was dropped to $66 per month at Kaiser, check internet pricing.

I have Kaiser, nothing but positive things to say. I have a number of different options but have stuck with Kaiser. From breaking my back, a leg, and a toe at different times, to eye injuries, bee sting allergic reactions, and skin cancer, Kaiser has handled everything. Sucks a few of you have had other results.

i pay on the high side of 11.5k per year out of pocket for health care, dental care, and vision. all ppo. if i had went with hmo health and dental, it would cut in half. no thanks.

i prefer medical students that studied. not the c- students kaiser employs.

That's funny!

Local government you say! Now you tell me! I've been a Fed Employee for 17yrs and I pay over $900 a month for my portion of the high option Blue Cross Blue Shield Family plan. Not to mention we have been salary frozen for (3) years now. However our portion of the employee "Benifit" contributions keep going up.

dude u r getting ripped...... i have socal kaiser and pay no where near that amount

Call Walt Hollis

TNT Health Insurance

877 296-0984

Ditto..

Was in the same situation. Walt is a member on the board also.

He pretty much laid it all out on the table and explained it all as well was the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I now have the family on my plan through work, but would have stuck with him from the get go..

This is his website..

http://www.medicalplanquotes.com

Finding medical insurance that is affordable and meets basic expectations is like trying to read a congress bill. Let a pro explain everything first. Being a member, duner, and boater known by many members here, he will take the time to answer your questions in a way you can understand without some BS sales pitch..

Id say to drop names, but he might charge you double if you use mine.. :)

Kaiser here, high deductible co-pay plan for a family of 4 1084.85 a month.... :ck:

I say we all quit our jobs, get free healthcare, 35-40k of free money and a Cadillac Escalade or Chevy taho.. Im so sick of seeing it drives me crazy!!!!!

I work at a small company (AZ) we have United Healthcare PPO and I was paying 500 bucks a month for me plus kids, my employer pays half of mine and I paid full ride for the kids. The ex took on the kids so just paying for me, 200 a month now. we have a great plan thru work, my ex works for the power company here and the Dr visits for the kids (because he won't take them so I do) and meds are cheaper on my small business plan than his big business plan, not sure how much he pays. I will say do NOT go without it though because some crazy shit can happen fast with kids and it gets $$$$$$$$ fast. I have had an appendix and serious strep infection in the last month on two super healthy kids. My oldest had major back surgery in 7th grade due to scoliosis that went from mild to wild in a few months. Luckily I had great insurance so I got premium Drs and care. I have seen the HMO and shitty work they have done over the years, no thanks.

I have a 30$ copay plan with kaiser, and its 475$/month for me, 475$ for my wife, and 475$ for my kid.

they were great with our childbirth,

I had an emergency visit that I was not impressed with.

try getting ahold of their specialty departments.

I have had idiopathic asthma since I was 7 years old. they are now trying to deny me my rescue inhalers.

they are like the govt, they take every opportunity they can to bend you over.