A few pics..

UPS just dropped off my Smitybilt XRC narrow fender flares. Not the full fenders, just the 3" steel crawler flares. And Rugged Ridge hood latches. I just hope my 35s don't look tiny with the new flares... hopefully I will know this weekend. Wife already said she won't like them...

A few pics..

UPS just dropped off my Smitybilt XRC narrow fender flares. Not the full fenders, just the 3" steel crawler flares. And Rugged Ridge hood latches. I just hope my 35s don't look tiny with the new flares... hopefully I will know this weekend. Wife already said she won't like them...

Well put up some pics! I have not found flat fenders I like yet.

I like the Poison Spider narrow ones, but I don't want the rocks and mud up on the hood and the side of the Jeep.

I like the Poison Spider narrow ones, but I don't want the rocks and mud up on the hood and the side of the Jeep.

Will do when they are on. Right now they look like a box. These definitely aren't going to control a lot of rocks and mud. I looked at a lot of JK fenders at SEMA. these weren't necessarily my favorites, but they are definitely reasonable. I also looked at the factory fender mod many do, but I figured I could bolt these on and put the factory ones back on if and when I need them later.

I have them, there not that bad, your going to get mud and everything else on the hood anyway no matter what after market fender and wheels and tires you go with.

:ck:

post-15915-1385078924.jpg

post-15915-1385079022_thumb.jpg

post-15915-1385079083_thumb.jpg

post-15915-1385079105_thumb.jpg

Half way there on the XRC basic steel flares, so I figured it was a good opportunity to snap a couple of shots. I still need to tie up the back of the front left inner fender and figure out the front marker lamps.

post-34014-1385161512.jpg

post-34014-1385161525.jpg

post-34014-1385161534.jpg

post-34014-1385161541.jpg

pinned this

Just installed my new Borla exhaust I got from GD.com. Was a hassle removing the old. Install was easy.

Much smaller muffler that stock.

post-5579-1385339814_thumb.jpg

post-5579-1385339892_thumb.jpg

Edited by HappyW/VForce

It is not too loud, but a nice deep sound. No drone noise on freeway.

post-5579-1385339997_thumb.jpg

post-5579-1385340005_thumb.jpg

It is not too loud, but a nice deep sound. No drone noise on freeway.

Nice! A cat back is one of the next mods on my list.

Calcite Mine, Truckhaven

Nice trail up to the top, it might be a challenge for a stock 4x4 but worth it :ck:

post-15915-1385613257_thumb.jpg

Took a trip through Blackhawk Canyon. Roads get covered with the loose soil.

post-5579-1385958882_thumb.jpg

post-5579-1385958915_thumb.jpg

There are old mines in the area. I have some old pics and try to match them up with today's view.

post-5579-1385959031_thumb.jpg

post-5579-1385959063_thumb.jpg

Calcite Mine, Truckhaven

Nice trail up to the top, it might be a challenge for a stock 4x4 but worth it :ck:

yes very cool there!!

F3E5B1D9-D55B-4BD9-B3F2-DF7256AE68E6-236

EDDD6C06-6939-4627-852B-083C9476B5BA-757

B2DE72CC-869E-4F6E-9332-359E63C6C6FA-757

gravel avalanche!

what are the concrete structures?

There are old mines in the area. I have some old pics and try to match them up with today's view.

thats cool!!!!

gravel avalanche!

what are the concrete structures?

thats cool!!!!

That is a portion of the old mining structures left.

took a cruise with the san diego jeep club this weekend to the pine valley area. nothing real technical, was a nice time cruising around tho and seeing some great views!

E7F5BEFE-B5FF-48F0-BC79-081380890700_zps

F5D8C80E-15B1-4782-90A8-FDF8C6E788C8_zps

4CFF5D5E-84C9-4191-904F-75E07EE1958A_zps

32A0F950-BC26-4D72-B4FA-ABEFBC9A8362_zps

65EF2655-68DA-460A-96E7-290894AC8506_zps

EC2DC226-A523-44AB-BE17-D7DC4F156F6C_zps

B54057D1-5B17-4772-A4D2-44671F973DE2_zps

Edited by ElCaminoManT

Here's the new toy..... 1994 XJ 4x4, 4.0HO, 5 Speed, stupid high miles, and a cheesy Rancho 2.5 lift. I decided I wasn't going to build another SXS or a Baja as originally planned. Determined that I wanted a back seat for the fam and friends as well as being able to drive it on the street in California. I already have a Wrangler crawler that is in the midst of being 4-linked, D-60's, and 5.3. Not being set up for any fast paced running, the wrangler just wasnt gonna cut it. So in walks this Cherokee. Just bought it a week before Thanksgiving. Thrashed thru a few long nights doing maintenance and repairs in order to get it ready for the holiday trip. This is our first time in many years not celebrating T-Day in Glamis. We decided to hit Ocotillo Wells this year. No regrets....

Now that the jeep made it thru the last trip with no real issues, the build will begin......Going to me more of a loose translation of JeepSpeed build. More based on long arm 4-links front and rear with coil overs as opposed to the stock springs and leafs.

Not much to look at now, but better things are on the horizon.....

post-8332-1386090094_thumb.jpg

I have them, there not that bad, your going to get mud and everything else on the hood anyway no matter what after market fender and wheels and tires you go with.

I'm interested in how you attached the tow bar mounts on your aftermarket bumper?? We have an ARB bumper on ours and would like to set it up for towing like that if we want to.

I'm interested in how you attached the tow bar mounts on your aftermarket bumper?? We have an ARB bumper on ours and would like to set it up for towing like that if we want to.

It's "Through Bolted" to the aftermarket Bumper.

Jeep pic from a few nights ago. Transfer case chain skips under hard load so we just use it to pick the kids up at the bus stop (dirt roads). We did explore the trails off the 138 to SilverWood lake last year. Beautiful out there.

post-28280-1386357556_thumb.jpg

It's "Through Bolted" to the aftermarket Bumper.

Are you using the blue ox tow bar? if so, I have not seen those brackets. I was looking at some falcon 5250 tow bars, as I have used that in the past, but the horizontal bar that goes across between the 2 mounting points is something I can't do because my fairlead is there.

post-649-1386434524.jpg

post-649-1386435110_thumb.jpg

post-649-1386435119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crowbar

I bought a Tomkin front bumper (build to order our of Colorado) because it was one of the few that had the option of having it built for TOAD use. You may be able to have a fabricator weld up something similar fairly reasonably. You can see it is fully welded around the perimeter, plus the through bolts. I wanted my mounts up high instead of having an add on hitch under the bumper. The JK tows great, can't even tell it is behind the pusher.

post-34014-1386437794.jpg