4 hours ago, Wheres Hotboat? said:

The hood scoop has to go though. Just need to find something clean to cover up the hole in the hood.

You may be in luck. I hear this guy's hood scoop may be available.

31DA5E09-A393-44F9-8AF2-CBFA891E9697.png

Well, I've been without a Jeep since August when I sold it to pay cash for solar panels on the house.

Now to keep the economy going, I ordered a new one. 

I've never bought a Jeep this way before. Kinda nice to pick what you want exactly color and options.

The only downside is the plant is shut down. Oh well. I'm in line.

I am going with the Rubicon Unlimited again. The biggest change I'm happy with are the engine choices now.

I am going with the 3.0 diesel. I also picked the one touch roof. Just hit the button and the top goes back behind the back seat! Love that!

I went with the new returning color of Sarge Green. So it should look like this in June or July when I get it......hopefully earlier.

Sarge Green 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler 2.jpg

Here is the one touch top.

16 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Might have to look into this.  I have Bilsteins but it's an absolute shit show in whoops.  Waaaaay underdamped...

I had Bilstien 5100's and it would bottom out on all most any bump. I figured I would change the shocks first and see how that helped and then springs if needed. The shocks made a world of difference. I am in Poway so not too far from you. Let me know if you want to go check out some trails and see the difference. I want to say the shocks were a around $550

1 minute ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

I had Bilstien 5100's and it would bottom out on all most any bump. I figured I would change the shocks first and see how that helped and then springs if needed. The shocks made a world of difference. I am in Poway so not too far from you. Let me know if you want to go check out some trails and see the difference. I want to say the shocks were a around $550

Nice!  Exactly what I noticed: ride great on the street, but as soon as things get warty: shit show. 

Thinking of going wheeling this weekend actually.  

1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

Nice!  Exactly what I noticed: ride great on the street, but as soon as things get warty: shit show. 

Where?

Just now, jtmoney714 said:

Where?

Dunno...  Not even sure if CA has shuttered all the OHV areas in the middle of nowhere "due to an abundance of caution"...

1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

I have a TJ with 2.5" Terra flex lift and 31" tires. It rode nice on the street, because the suspension was soooo soft. With the Foxes it still ride good on the street. A little firmer but not bad.

We are thinking of going camping out in Boreggo. Just go boondock somewhere on the east side of town. 

Just now, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

I have a TJ with 2.5" Terra flex lift and 31" tires. It rode nice on the street, because the suspension was soooo soft. With the Foxes it still ride good on the street. A little firmer but not bad.

Locked?  

You use whatever valving they came with?

1 minute ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

We are thinking of going camping out in Boreggo. Just go boondock somewhere on the east side of town. 

Ever been down Sandstone Canyon?

3 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Ever been down Sandstone Canyon?

Mine is not locked. I bought it around 6 months ago to tow behind the motorhome. I'm not really a "jeep guy" but I sold my Alumicraft so I have been playing with the Jeep out in the desert. It's fun but slowwwww. 

No, I have never heard of Sandstone. 

3 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Mine is not locked. I bought it around 6 months ago to tow behind the motorhome. I'm not really a "jeep guy" but I sold my Alumicraft so I have been playing with the Jeep out in the desert. It's fun but slowwwww. 

No, I have never heard of Sandstone. 

Pretty cool place with some rocks to play in:

Sandstone.thumb.jpg.69ef38351d5deaf202b44842fde7bc36.jpg

Been a little while since I've run it...

"Gatekeeper" to the harder part of the trail:

Anza-Borrego.End-trail-sandstone-canyon-

I looked it up and its in Boreggo off Fish Creek. Then I am sure I have been there and didn't know what it was called. I've taken my old VW Thing everywhere out there. 

3 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

I looked it up and its in Boreggo off Fish Creek. Then I am sure I have been there and didn't know what it was called. I've taken my old VW Thing everywhere out there. 

Nice.  That Gatekeeper is where people usually turn around.  Jeeps and other 4WD vehicles' fun begins there.  :bigrin 

51 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Wow, i have brand new 5100s on my jeep and feel the exact same way. Sucks cause spent good money on what used to be a good all around shock

51 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

"Gatekeeper" to the harder part of the trail:

Anza-Borrego.End-trail-sandstone-canyon-

This looks like a good time. How far is this from corona?

19 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

This looks like a good time. How far is this from corona?

AF. :bigrin 

Trailhead coords:

32.979462, -116.214524

13 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

AF. :bigrin 

Trailhead coords:

32.979462, -116.214524

Ya just looked it up. It’s 2.5 hours away. Is it worth flatbedding jeep out there for a day trip?

13 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

Ya just looked it up. It’s 2.5 hours away. Is it worth flatbedding jeep out there for a day trip?

Not really. Fun, but trail takes a couple of hours to run. I have somewhere you can stow the trailer if you want. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, Wheres Hotboat? said:

Well I finally joined the Jeep club.

I've been shopping for a while looking for something to tow behind my motorhome. I was out at my place in Topock unsupervised, and ran across this ad for this jeep. I had nothing to do so I ran over to Havasu to take a look at it since the ad was very vague and really no details, but it looked clean in the 1 picture they had.

Turned out to be a sort of Estate sale, as the older gentleman that owned it was in a home with Alzheimer's (pretty damn devastating disease). The sellers didn't know much about the jeep and couldn't really ask the owner.

Well the jeep turned out to be an 01' Sahara with only 71K miles on it and was SUPER clean, with some actually goodies on it. It's got some sort of lift, with aftermarket rear upper and lower arms, front lower arms, and Antirock sway bar in the front, winch, skid plates, on board ARB compressor, and a whole bunch of "old man" gadgets (compass, altimeter, outside air temp thingy, CB) which I love and will be keeping in the jeep. Oh yeah, and it came with a new tow bar, and is already wired up to be towed.

This stupid scoop really needs to go, but I can't find anything I like, I like the clean understated look of this thing, and don't really want to put one of those giant hood vents on it.

I immediately called my buddy and told him I wanted to do my first trail, so after I got it back to Topock, we took it out to some mines and cool trails near Oatman.  THEN, I called the wife to let her know we had a new jeep, She was not impressed with so called "work week" at the river house.

I've already ordered an adjustable track bar to fix some steering issues, and some Fox shocks for it. It needs some tires, but the wife said I can't buy tires and wheels for it until after the COVID-19 shift since she's not working.

Resized_20200310_161706.jpeg

Resized_20200310_161712.jpeg

Resized_20200310_161755.jpeg

Resized_20200312_141534.jpeg

Resized_20200312_145649.jpeg

Resized_20200313_173503.jpeg

Great score, looks super-clean!  Ditch the hood-scoop and pin-stripe and that'll knock most of the old-man off it.  Post some pics of the lift components, and I bet the group here can ID them for you pretty quickly.  You said it has some steering issues... death wobble?  If so the trackbar will help if the bushings in the one in there now are shot.  There are some other issues/fixes, but starting there is a good plan.  

Not sure if it's your speed, but there are lots of options for "hood vents" for TJs that would replace that section of hood where the "scoop" was:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/13106_60XX_PG.htm

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/poison-spyder-hood-louver-bare-14-53-010/_/R-FVNN-14-53-010

etc.

Now, how long before the "what lockers and gears should I put in" post?  ;)

-TJ (yes, my name is TJ like your Jeep TJ... but I have a WJ... because I'm speshul

Edited by tjZ06

19 hours ago, HappyW/VForce said:

Well, I've been without a Jeep since August when I sold it to pay cash for solar panels on the house.

Now to keep the economy going, I ordered a new one. 

I've never bought a Jeep this way before. Kinda nice to pick what you want exactly color and options.

The only downside is the plant is shut down. Oh well. I'm in line.

I am going with the Rubicon Unlimited again. The biggest change I'm happy with are the engine choices now.

I am going with the 3.0 diesel. I also picked the one touch roof. Just hit the button and the top goes back behind the back seat! Love that!

I went with the new returning color of Sarge Green. So it should look like this in June or July when I get it......hopefully earlier.

Sarge Green 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler 2.jpg

Congrats... and I'm a bit jealous.  I'm still somewhat on the fence on ordering new, especially as the deals get better and better.  For now, I'll just keep dumping money into my WJ so I am more and more "married to it."  I like the color a lot, and I dig the one-touch roof too, so long as you don't plan/need a roof rack or rooftop tent (so you can hash-tag OVERLANDING on IG ;)😛  ).  

So, what are the planned mods? 

-TJ

On 2/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, sausage450r said:

Finally goin in, next couple of weeks 🤞

68C2F752-ABF8-4451-8429-36F5A8E04D3D.jpeg

A5394405-8C1B-4B9E-9A65-8C8AD4730877.jpeg

Nice, I've been really happy with my IRO stuff so far.

-TJ

On 6/1/2019 at 8:15 PM, endobear said:

Resized_20170506_174834.jpg

Resized_20170529_194231.jpg

Resized_20170526_134924_001.jpg

Resized_20170526_134546.jpg

IDK how I didn't comment on your post before, but that thing is AWESOME.  

-TJ