Was a little cold this morning

EF15C6C0-0B9E-44C7-96F5-1EE2AD620B34.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rockwood said:

I have a set of 10" bypasses that will go on the front and just remembered about the 12" Fox emulsions in my hoard pile that can poke through the floor for the rear when I do the cage. 

Where did you find bypasses that will bolt on a jeep? I would be stoked to bypasses front/back on mine. Try and control the limited suspension.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Where did you find bypasses that will bolt on a jeep? I would be stoked to bypasses front/back on mine. Try and control the limited suspension.

Have you seen my build?  Nothing bolts on... :bigrin 

Front I plan to re-plate the upper shock mount to take a standard 1/2" heim.  Rear upper mount will tie into the cage.

Edited by Rockwood

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Fox makes jeep specific. Try quadratec

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16335_4220.htm

Edited by sausage450r

20 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Fox makes jeep specific. Try quadratec

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16335_4220.htm

Shoot, I spoke too soon, I can get bolt-in bypasses for the WJ: https://www.xerofabworx.com/product-p/wj-radflo-2.5bypass.htm

-TJ

4 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

Shoot, I spoke too soon, I can get bolt-in bypasses for the WJ: https://www.xerofabworx.com/product-p/wj-radflo-2.5bypass.htm

-TJ

Lol the snowball keeps on rolling... 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

:lol: he’ll have 40k$ into that wj in no time. 

I wish i could get my 2000 wj back as an overland rig

Edited by sausage450r

1 hour ago, jtmoney714 said:

30 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

:lol: he’ll have 40k$ into that wj in no time. 

I wish i could get my 2000 wj back as an overland rig

I resemble that remark! 

Seriously though, I don't see putting $3k of shocks on it.  If I want to bomb fast, I'll take the RZR.  The WJ is for going slow and enjoying NEATure... or something. 

On 3/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, tjZ06 said:

I resemble that remark! 

Seriously though, I don't see putting $3k of shocks on it.  If I want to bomb fast, I'll take the RZR.  The WJ is for going slow and enjoying NEATure... or something. 

Good lord, that shit was hilarious. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Good lord, that shit was hilarious. 

When we go Jeepin' you'll quickly think it's not all that hilarious when I keep saying "how neat is that?" or "you can tell... because the way it is."  

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

16 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

When we go Jeepin' you'll quickly think it's not all that hilarious when I keep saying "how neat is that?" or "you can tell... because the way it is."  

-TJ

Nope.  Won't wear out.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, tjZ06 said:

I resemble that remark! 

I was running out of "Dad Jokes" to torment my teenagers with....now I'll be saying "How Neat is that" on our "Neat"ure Walks around the neighborhood.

Jeep is a fun hobby I will never be able to afford, unless I go minimalist route :lol:

38 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

I was running out of "Dad Jokes" to torment my teenagers with....now I'll be saying "How Neat is that" on our "Neat"ure Walks around the neighborhood.

Jeep is a fun hobby I will never be able to afford, unless I go minimalist route :lol:

Honestly, you can do the Jeep route pretty cheap if you DON'T do it like me. 😛  I really like the V8 and the more upscale interior of the Overland.  However, you can often find relatively clean, running 4.0L Laredo model Jeep WJs ('99-04 Grand Cherokee) for $2500-ish.  If you shop around for used lift parts, or just do a 2" budget boost you can do a lot for way under $5k.

-TJ

On 3/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, CRUSTY said:

I've been torturing everyone with Lennyisms.  Watch out for those poky trees.

My initial build that put me through the Rubicon was $3500-ish with a lot of DIY, including the Jeep.  Just getting out and exploring without needing a welder: $2k with patient craigslisting.  

Posted (edited)

@CRUSTY The current "XJ Cherokee" vehicles (since they're all getting expensive now) are the mid 90s Ford Explorer/Chevy Blazer, or early 2000s Nissan Xterra.  Xterra will be the most capable/reliable, but they're a little pokey (190hp when new) and have a timing belt/interference engine, so make sure to swap that immediately.  

Edited by Rockwood

So I bought my 6th and 7th Jeeps recently. I’ve had 2 XJ’s, 2 ZJ’s including one 5.9 limited that I absolutely loved, one previous WJ and just bought my second WJ. It’s a 2002 V8 (non-HO unfortunately) with quadradrive. It has 164,000 miles and is smooth as silk and doesn’t appear to have been ever off-roaded. I bought it for $1,800 for my son who is almost 16. Plans for it are fairly simple. 3” front and 2.5” rear lift, but sure if budget boost spacers or new coils yet, with Bilstein 5100’s and the take off wheels and tires from my latest purchase...MY JKUR. 

2015 Unlimited Rubicon in Anvil grey. It’s stock except for some nice rock sliders with built in step and an ugly Garvin overland roof rack. It will be for sale soon. Plans for it are bumpers, fenders, 2.5~3” of lift and 35”s. 

@Lucy_the_Rubi even has her own Instagram page.  

EF0EA526-4EEB-49F9-9A4F-0C26B21077A2.jpeg

ED560D2B-1B33-4A4E-9EC0-E64D557DF03B.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I just bought this today. I had one on order, but the factory isn't building still. 

I found one that the owner of the dealership bought for himself, but when the China  virus hit, he decided to sell when it arrived.

Had all the options except the One Touch roof, so I settled for a hard top.

It's the diesel and has great power! Love the torque this thing has.

Really enjoyed the drive from San Juan Capistrano to home at the base of the San Bernardino mountains.

Here are a couple shots......

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

Edited by HappyW/VForce

14 minutes ago, HappyW/VForce said:

I just bought this today. I had one on order, but the factory isn't building still. 

I found one that the owner of the dealership bought for himself, but when the China  virus hit, he decided to sell when it arrived.

Really enjoyed the drive from San Juan Capistrano to home at the base of the San Bernardino mountains.

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

CONGRATS! What are your first mods!?! 

7 hours ago, jsalazar903 said:

CONGRATS! What are your first mods!?! 

I'm thinking maybe 37s and a small 2" lift, but I want to drive it around stock for a bit just to feel how it is. Really like the feel and how it drives.

Poser pic.

Resized_20200418_122633.jpeg

Was trying to order last of my axle swap parts (brakes). I found east coast gear and supply https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/

they had rotors pads parking shoes line kit for truss and custom parking brake adapter lines for my xj all for 200$  we’ll see how it all looks when it gets in. Pretty cool website

That was fast.....no excuses now

2356344C-C423-4CAA-886B-8EEFCB34A263.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, Rockwood said:

@CRUSTY The current "XJ Cherokee" vehicles (since they're all getting expensive now) are the mid 90s Ford Explorer/Chevy Blazer, or early 2000s Nissan Xterra.  Xterra will be the most capable/reliable, but they're a little pokey (190hp when new) and have a timing belt/interference engine, so make sure to swap that immediately.  

I agree, generally XJs have gotten priced out of the super-duper-cheap bang for the buck builds, but if you hunt long enough some deals are still out there.  The totally stock one that ended up finishing the Pardoe trail on a donut I've posted before he scored for I think it was $3800.  Yes - that's probably twice what it would have sold for 5 years ago, but it's still a lot of Jeep for sub-$5k.  He bought another one that was already lifted (mix 'n match but mostly Rubicon Express stuff) on E-locked Dana 44s with 35"s and stuff like winch, bumper etc. for $3,500 with a rod-knocking motor.  The plan was to take the two and make 1 bitchen one, part out the left overs, and maybe be into the whole deal for $5k (after selling off the left-overs).  But his lady fell in love with the stock one, so now that's getting a mild lift and the built one will get a reman motor (he actually has an LS2 in his garage, but all the swap parts add up).  

This is the $3800 stocker (after he added at least eleventeen horsepower with those headlights):

20190914_153254.thumb.jpg.0d6687b9e2138e86cedd7d748c4806e9.jpg

20190914_153304.thumb.jpg.e9a73b55d01bc708dc52137516fdd2c7.jpg

So, anyway, I like all of your picks if you can't get a good price on a XJ AND you're not too into the more hardcore wheeling where you want a solid axle (at least, in the case of the Blazers and XTerra). In fact, if you live more in the desert region than up in the woods areas like I do, it could be argued that a TTB semi-solid axle Exploder is a better platform.   In fact, here's a pretty fun video series on a $10k build battle with a XJ vs. 'sploder: 

Obviously they went "full race" build, but they did a lot with $10k.   And, as the Grand guy I have to throw in a 5.2/5.9 ZJ or a 4.0L WJ if you're afraid of the 4.7 can be a winner on a budget too, especially for "lighter" wheeling.  Obviously once you want to go more hardcore it gets complicated with the WJ, and even the ZJ is tire-size-limited without lots of cutting.  But you could get a nice 4.0L Limited WJ with Quada-Drive and stay with a 4" long-arm and 32"s and do a LOT pretty cheap.  I'm just too stupid to do that... 

On 4/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, Adam G said:

So I bought my 6th and 7th Jeeps recently. I’ve had 2 XJ’s, 2 ZJ’s including one 5.9 limited that I absolutely loved, one previous WJ and just bought my second WJ. It’s a 2002 V8 (non-HO unfortunately) with quadradrive. It has 164,000 miles and is smooth as silk and doesn’t appear to have been ever off-roaded. I bought it for $1,800 for my son who is almost 16. Plans for it are fairly simple. 3” front and 2.5” rear lift, but sure if budget boost spacers or new coils yet, with Bilstein 5100’s and the take off wheels and tires from my latest purchase...MY JKUR. 

2015 Unlimited Rubicon in Anvil grey. It’s stock except for some nice rock sliders with built in step and an ugly Garvin overland roof rack. It will be for sale soon. Plans for it are bumpers, fenders, 2.5~3” of lift and 35”s. 

@Lucy_the_Rubi even has her own Instagram page.  

EF0EA526-4EEB-49F9-9A4F-0C26B21077A2.jpeg

ED560D2B-1B33-4A4E-9EC0-E64D557DF03B.jpeg

That looks like a super clean WJ, welcome to the "most under-rated, under-supported solid axle Jeep ever" club.  ~2.5" on stock arms should be a pretty good setup.  My other WJ was just on a budget boost but worked really well and still rode nice.  Much taller than 2-2.5" and the arm angles up front start to get a little high, which hurts ride.  Also, congrats on the JKUR - without a doubt JK (or JL) Rubis are the most capable stock, and best platform if budget allows. 

On 4/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, HappyW/VForce said:

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

On 4/21/2020 at 5:09 AM, HappyW/VForce said:

I'm thinking maybe 37s and a small 2" lift, but I want to drive it around stock for a bit just to feel how it is. Really like the feel and how it drives.

Wow, congrats!  I thought all Rubis had the ugly red dash, is yours a special edition? 

On 4/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, ehall said:

Poser pic.

Resized_20200418_122633.jpeg

Nice flex! 

On 4/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, sausage450r said:

Was trying to order last of my axle swap parts (brakes). I found east coast gear and supply https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/

they had rotors pads parking shoes line kit for truss and custom parking brake adapter lines for my xj all for 200$  we’ll see how it all looks when it gets in. Pretty cool website

I like ECGS a lot, and they're one of the few that seems to mostly support WJs too.  In fact, they have the only bolt-in full axle upgrades (D44s, D60s, 9", etc.) for WJs.  I had actually ordered a set from them, but a) it came out to like $10k and b) there was at least a 60 day wait but it was getting worse because this was right as Modelo Flu started. 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

14 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

I agree, generally XJs have gotten priced out of the super-duper-cheap bang for the buck builds, but if you hunt long enough some deals are still out there.  The totally stock one that ended up finishing the Pardoe trail on a donut I've posted before he scored for I think it was $3800.  Yes - that's probably twice what it would have sold for 5 years ago, but it's still a lot of Jeep for sub-$5k.  He bought another one that was already lifted (mix 'n match but mostly Rubicon Express stuff) on E-locked Dana 44s with 35"s and stuff like winch, bumper etc. for $3,500 with a rod-knocking motor.  The plan was to take the two and make 1 bitchen one, part out the left overs, and maybe be into the whole deal for $5k (after selling off the left-overs).  But his lady fell in love with the stock one, so now that's getting a mild lift and the built one will get a reman motor (he actually has an LS2 in his garage, but all the swap parts add up).  

This is the $3800 stocker (after he added at least eleventeen horsepower with those headlights):

20190914_153254.thumb.jpg.0d6687b9e2138e86cedd7d748c4806e9.jpg

20190914_153304.thumb.jpg.e9a73b55d01bc708dc52137516fdd2c7.jpg

So, anyway, I like all of your picks if you can't get a good price on a XJ AND you're not too into the more hardcore wheeling where you want a solid axle (at least, in the case of the Blazers and XTerra). In fact, if you live more in the desert region than up in the woods areas like I do, it could be argued that a TTB semi-solid axle Exploder is a better platform.   In fact, here's a pretty fun video series on a $10k build battle with a XJ vs. 'sploder: 

Obviously they went "full race" build, but they did a lot with $10k.   And, as the Grand guy I have to throw in a 5.2/5.9 ZJ or a 4.0L WJ if you're afraid of the 4.7 can be a winner on a budget too, especially for "lighter" wheeling.  Obviously once you want to go more hardcore it gets complicated with the WJ, and even the ZJ is tire-size-limited without lots of cutting.  But you could get a nice 4.0L Limited WJ with Quada-Drive and stay with a 4" long-arm and 32"s and do a LOT pretty cheap.  I'm just too stupid to do that... 

That looks like a super clean WJ, welcome to the "most under-rated, under-supported solid axle Jeep ever" club.  ~2.5" on stock arms should be a pretty good setup.  My other WJ was just on a budget boost but worked really well and still rode nice.  Much taller than 2-2.5" and the arm angles up front start to get a little high, which hurts ride.  Also, congrats on the JKUR - without a doubt JK (or JL) Rubis are the most capable stock, and best platform if budget allows. 

Wow, congrats!  I thought all Rubis had the ugly red dash, is yours a special edition? 

Nice flex! 

I like ECGS a lot, and they're one of the few that seems to mostly support WJs too.  In fact, they have the only bolt-in full axle upgrades (D44s, D60s, 9", etc.) for WJs.  I had actually ordered a set from them, but a) it came out to like $10k and b) there was at least a 60 day wait but it was getting worse because this was right as Modelo Flu started. 

-TJ

Not all have that dash. I guess they figured it does clash with some colors.

Just now, HappyW/VForce said:

Not all have that dash. I guess they figured it does clash with some colors.

I certainly agree, I like it better without the red dash. 

-TJ