Was a little cold this morning

EF15C6C0-0B9E-44C7-96F5-1EE2AD620B34.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rockwood said:

I have a set of 10" bypasses that will go on the front and just remembered about the 12" Fox emulsions in my hoard pile that can poke through the floor for the rear when I do the cage. 

Where did you find bypasses that will bolt on a jeep? I would be stoked to bypasses front/back on mine. Try and control the limited suspension.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Where did you find bypasses that will bolt on a jeep? I would be stoked to bypasses front/back on mine. Try and control the limited suspension.

Have you seen my build?  Nothing bolts on... :bigrin 

Front I plan to re-plate the upper shock mount to take a standard 1/2" heim.  Rear upper mount will tie into the cage.

Edited by Rockwood

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Fox makes jeep specific. Try quadratec

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16335_4220.htm

Edited by sausage450r

20 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Fox makes jeep specific. Try quadratec

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16335_4220.htm

Shoot, I spoke too soon, I can get bolt-in bypasses for the WJ: https://www.xerofabworx.com/product-p/wj-radflo-2.5bypass.htm

-TJ

4 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

Shoot, I spoke too soon, I can get bolt-in bypasses for the WJ: https://www.xerofabworx.com/product-p/wj-radflo-2.5bypass.htm

-TJ

Lol the snowball keeps on rolling... 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

:lol: he’ll have 40k$ into that wj in no time. 

I wish i could get my 2000 wj back as an overland rig

Edited by sausage450r

1 hour ago, jtmoney714 said:

30 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

:lol: he’ll have 40k$ into that wj in no time. 

I wish i could get my 2000 wj back as an overland rig

I resemble that remark! 

Seriously though, I don't see putting $3k of shocks on it.  If I want to bomb fast, I'll take the RZR.  The WJ is for going slow and enjoying NEATure... or something. 

On 3/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, tjZ06 said:

I resemble that remark! 

Seriously though, I don't see putting $3k of shocks on it.  If I want to bomb fast, I'll take the RZR.  The WJ is for going slow and enjoying NEATure... or something. 

Good lord, that shit was hilarious. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Good lord, that shit was hilarious. 

When we go Jeepin' you'll quickly think it's not all that hilarious when I keep saying "how neat is that?" or "you can tell... because the way it is."  

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

16 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

When we go Jeepin' you'll quickly think it's not all that hilarious when I keep saying "how neat is that?" or "you can tell... because the way it is."  

-TJ

Nope.  Won't wear out.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, tjZ06 said:

I resemble that remark! 

I was running out of "Dad Jokes" to torment my teenagers with....now I'll be saying "How Neat is that" on our "Neat"ure Walks around the neighborhood.

Jeep is a fun hobby I will never be able to afford, unless I go minimalist route :lol:

38 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

I was running out of "Dad Jokes" to torment my teenagers with....now I'll be saying "How Neat is that" on our "Neat"ure Walks around the neighborhood.

Jeep is a fun hobby I will never be able to afford, unless I go minimalist route :lol:

Honestly, you can do the Jeep route pretty cheap if you DON'T do it like me. 😛  I really like the V8 and the more upscale interior of the Overland.  However, you can often find relatively clean, running 4.0L Laredo model Jeep WJs ('99-04 Grand Cherokee) for $2500-ish.  If you shop around for used lift parts, or just do a 2" budget boost you can do a lot for way under $5k.

-TJ

On 3/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, CRUSTY said:

I've been torturing everyone with Lennyisms.  Watch out for those poky trees.

My initial build that put me through the Rubicon was $3500-ish with a lot of DIY, including the Jeep.  Just getting out and exploring without needing a welder: $2k with patient craigslisting.  

Posted (edited)

@CRUSTY The current "XJ Cherokee" vehicles (since they're all getting expensive now) are the mid 90s Ford Explorer/Chevy Blazer, or early 2000s Nissan Xterra.  Xterra will be the most capable/reliable, but they're a little pokey (190hp when new) and have a timing belt/interference engine, so make sure to swap that immediately.  

Edited by Rockwood