dzrtrat1111

Another Another Desert Dynamics build.... FIXED!!

Nice, sounds like your doing it right with Dave doing up some new arms. I look forward to watching this car come together,

Still waiting for my car to get done! November will be three years since Dave has had my car. Seems like I can't do anything to motivate him to finish it even though other cars are getting worked on. I was hoping to have it for this season but not holding my breath.

Still waiting for my car to get done! November will be three years since Dave has had my car. Seems like I can't do anything to motivate him to finish it even though other cars are getting worked on. I was hoping to have it for this season but not holding my breath.

That sucks and unfortunately it's not the first time I've heard this from people on this board. Hope you get it worked out.

I think its time to cut bait and goto plan B. You have a plan B right?

After 4 years I had to yank my car out. I watched parts that were claimed to be built for my car go out on someone else's, parts I bought be installed on other people's cars, etc.... Unfortunately I was moving out of state and couldn't afford to take the car with me so I parted it out on GDC and other sights.

Being nice doesn't motivate him, showing up every week doesn't motivate him, the law (lawyers/sheriff) doesn't even seem to change things....

Best of luck...

Unfortunately I don't have a plan B at this time. I already have paid so much money and not enough work completed it would be a huge loss for me. At this point I am kind of at his mercy.

Jul 20 2014[/size], 12:26 AM']looking good any updates,

Going up Tuesday to drop some parts and get fit into the car. Dave said 2-3 more weeks after that but....... I love how the new suspension has turned out. Hopefully I get get some pics of the new front arms and uprights this week.

@JAlper ... Is your new chassis the same year/design ??

Another Dave story. You are a patient man. I would have blown a gasket 1 1/2 years ago. Good luck.

Edited by ahipara 55

This is the reason why I gave up on my DD big chassis project. I lost 3 seasons because of it.

Unfortunately I don't have a plan B at this time. I already have paid so much money and not enough work completed it would be a huge loss for me. At this point I am kind of at his mercy.

Something to consider is at this point you’ve more then exercised patience and understanding giving him time above and beyond what most others were do just to get the usual run arounds from him due to his ‘selective interests’ in what cars he devote his efforts to. It’s clear that at this point you have little to loose sense being patient doesn’t seem to motivate him to get things done in a timely manor. So if you truly feel that your basically at his mercy I would say that it’s time to become the biggest annoyance in his life until you get your car done or start getting some cooperation. Constant frequent calls, visits, probing questions about any excuses you get, keeping him weighed down with the reality that you paid him to do a job that he’s not doing. Be a relentless thorn in his side until he starts getting somewhere with your car just to get you off his back. You have nothing to loose.

Same as below, and after being treated the same way w/POTTER PRODUCTIONS, you need to pop into the shop unexpected w/ friends and take your car plus the parts,tools....whatever to make up any difference in $$$.

These POS never learn....once a turd always a turd.

Something to consider is at this point you’ve more then exercised patience and understanding giving him time above and beyond what most others were do just to get the usual run arounds from him due to his ‘selective interests’ in what cars he devote his efforts to. It’s clear that at this point you have little to loose sense being patient doesn’t seem to motivate him to get things done in a timely manor. So if you truly feel that your basically at his mercy I would say that it’s time to become the biggest annoyance in his life until you get your car done or start getting some cooperation. Constant frequent calls, visits, probing questions about any excuses you get, keeping him weighed down with the reality that you paid him to do a job that he’s not doing. Be a relentless thorn in his side until he starts getting somewhere with your car just to get you off his back. You have nothing to loose.

That sucks and unfortunately it's not the first time I've heard this from people on this board. Hope you get it worked out.

I think my next step wold be a letter from my attorney. At this point, it wouldn't cost that much and it would definitely let him know you are not waiting any more. Just have your letter indicate that you are demanding your car finished by a certain date or a refund. Certainly you have cause. It's sad that it has to come to this!!

This the sucky part. I have also been through this a number of times in the Corvette world as well as other hotrod avenues. Unfortunately is seems to be an all too frequent mentality. The only solution that I have found after being nice and/or patient is to become the constant thorn or an intimidating factor (fear can light a fire). Or grab all your parts, cut the strings, and hope its not to much of a loss.

Same as below, and after being treated the same way, you need to pop into the shop unexpected w/ friends and take your car plus the parts,tools....whatever to make up any difference in $$$.

These POS never learn....once a turd always a turd.

Something to consider is at this point you’ve more then exercised patience and understanding giving him time above and beyond what most others were do just to get the usual run arounds from him due to his ‘selective interests’ in what cars he devote his efforts to. It’s clear that at this point you have little to loose since being patient doesn’t seem to motivate him to get things done in a timely manner. So, if you truly feel that your basically at his mercy, I would say that it’s time to become the biggest annoyance in his life until you get your car done or start getting some cooperation. Constant frequent calls, visits, probing questions about any excuses you get, keeping him weighed down with the reality that you paid him to do a job that he’s not doing. Be a relentless thorn in his side until he starts getting somewhere with your car just to get you off his back. You have nothing to loose.

How is it that Dave is still in business and continues to get customers? There are so many DD builds on this forum, which tells me people still want to use him even though you hear & read stories of being screwed by Dave. I said it on the Potter thread, you need to have a contract anytime you are investing in building a new car, doing renovations, repairs or just spending large amounts of money.

Would you higher a contractor to build or renovate part of your home without a contract? A course not, so why spend the same amount with a fabricator and not do the same? Without a contract how do you prove what you have paid for, what your getting for that amount, what parts you might be paying for or supplying and when the project is expected to be done.

Sorry to hear. It seems some people push the right buttons to get stuff done. Didn't IT'S WEEKS just get work done? Seemed like Dave finished his car in a month. contact the guys who got their cars and ask them what they did to actually get work done.

You can sue him all you want. He obviously has no money or anything to give to you if you win.

Poetry.

Unreal.

When I was building my first car the shop i went to took almost 2 years to start anything. After almost 2 years and a bunch of my parts sold off that I purchased i had it. I ran in to a guy who was really good friends with the shop owner. I told him i had my lawyer putting my case together and would be suing both shop partners. Showed up at the shop a week later and the whole frame was assembled. It was nice cause i never had to make direct threats. And i never really had a lawyer

I don't understand how with all the DD builds on the board it seems some cars just get done quickly and others DD seems to just ignore and they don't get done...You have more patience than I ever would have - Is the secret really threats?

I don't understand how with all the DD builds on the board it seems some cars just get done quickly and others DD seems to just ignore and they don't get done...You have more patience than I ever would have - Is the secret really threats?

The answer to your question is CASHFLOW

As sad as he situation is for the OP his money is long gone , the builder has no motivation to finish something that is already paid for.

To the OP you have to provide the MOTIVATION in one form or another

What sucks too is if you piss him off with a lawyer his anger might be reflected on your build. I think showing up all the time would be your best bet. Be relentless! Every single day if that's what it takes

I know I need to show up unannounced more often. That gets hard when he is 1.5 hrs away from me but I need to suck it up and do it. I have thought about the subtle threat route, but like said above, I am worried that the build quality will suffer. Plus I am LEO don't want that to come back negatively on me. Maybe it's time for some "hired help" !😁

Have a buddy come with you in a suit and tell him the background on the build in front of dave. Make it look like hes a laywer but just dont say he is. He can take notes and go through your paperwork there. Might make him sweat a little.

Have a buddy come with you in a suit and tell him the background on the build in front of dave. Make it look like hes a laywer but just dont say he is. He can take notes and go through your paperwork there. Might make him sweat a little.

Bingo.

Whole situation sux, I would not leave that transmission in the car as pictured at this point. May be tempting to raise some quick cash even if intending to replace later...