Dirtywhiteboy

Anyone Have An Amazing Mattress?

Time to buy a new one with all the bells and whistles 2-5k. Not a big fan of foam or gel, but hey I'm open to suggestions. Takes forever to test these things out so I'm reaching out to all you mattress monkeys to see what you would buy again? Thanks :sraptor:

Did they steal your bed to in the robbery? :blackeye:

Maybe this is what your looking for :sha:

post-2609-1382452728.jpg

A few years ago we bought an Aireloom. SBA mattress. The most comfortable I have ever slept on. Cost us $3500 (this part really sucks), but it is light years better than the Sealy PosturePedic it replaced. Has a 10 year warranty on it.

I would not recommend buying from Sit and Sleep, but they do have the means to "fit" you for a mattress. As for not buying from Sit & Sleep, the sale was fine, but post-sale customer service sucks.

Luckily, the recent popularity of memory foam and other materials has made ye olde innerspring mattress less popular and therefore cheaper. I still prefer this type of mattress, and was surprised how far $1000 goes on them now.

Regardless of price, just lay down on a bunch, if it feels good at first, mark it down and narrow it down to the top three, then lay down on each for at least 10 minutes in your favorite sleeping position to see which one you like the best.

Also, built-in pillowtops (if you like such things) tend to flatten out quickly, so an external one is a better bet as you can replace it periodically.

our mattress is very old but comfortable. I know we should have a new one but the dent in it fits me perfect and the thought of picking the wrong mattress scares me.

Sleep number by far.

I have a Simmons Beautyrest non-pillow top Cal King and absolutely l*ve it. I've had it about 10 years and there is absolutely no sag or breakdown in it. It has a 20 year warranty on it to.

It's just one step down from their memory foam mattress...which I had and hated! I have a queen pillow top set in one of my spare rooms..it was a great set and not cheap...but the pillow top broke down quick and sags in the middle now. I'm working the warranty issues with it now. It's a Sealy.

I cannot recommend the Simmons Beautyrest mattress set more.

Edited by Mac

Anyone have a Sealy or Sterns model mattress they like?

I get a discount on those brands but haven't had time to look at them....

Anyone have a Sealy or Sterns model mattress they like?

I get a discount on those brands but haven't had time to look at them....

I have a Sealy queen pillow top but it broke down quick.

Thanks Mac,

most likely why they give discounts/hah!

Just bought one. It's a combination of all sorts of materials and technological mumbo jumbo that I could care less to learn about but the wife chose it and the thing is incredible. I've not slept over 5-6 hours in a night without tossing and turning since I can remember. Getting 8 hours of sleep is no problem now.

It was closer to the 5k mark, it's a "medium" in terms of firmness and I'll get more detailed info for you later.

FWIW- I'm 5'8, 170 and my wife is 5'4 and 120.

Went to sit and sleep to buy it.

The pillow top wears out in 5-10 years

Escondido mattress factory latex one is flip-able. Cal king 2,500$

That will last along time.

The costco gel topper 125-150$

I love it and the topper wasn't hot.

If the topper wears out at least the mattress is fine

Just bought a Simmons Beautyrest Black "Brooklyn" set. Double Twinn XL to make a king size. Went with the separate adjustable bases so you can elevate head and legs. Have never slept so well since purchasing them. Not cheap, but thought since I just spent about 4k on the Rzr, I thought I should try and keep the other half happy..... :mg::mg:

Sleep number!

Sleep number by far.

I agree, we bought one years ago and it is great. If it is too soft or too hard you just hit the button and fix it.

DON~~~

we bought a sealy euro top was about 4k worth it had it for 4 years no sagging in it yet

Big thumbs down on my $1800 sit and sleep, what a pos.

http://www.mattresses.net/

I bought one of these 8 years ago and it is by far better than sleep number or the old style mattresses. Pure Latex foam makes a really comfortable bed. These guys are the manufacture so no middleman and great pricing along with solid customer service. There located in Phx.

Not recommending a mattress, but know that mattress sales tactics are a lower form of scum than used-car sales tactics.

Some good info here:

http://mattressscam.com/

I slept in one of those foam memory beds a while back and hated it. I did however, get a memory foam mattress topper (from Costco) and love it! I still get the softness of the foam but dont sink into it so much that I get stuck like the full mattress version.

Tempur-Pedic Contour Select BOMB!!

Have surgery on ANY part of your body that moves... then try to get out of a "memory foam" Mattress to go potty. Yeah... thats gonna suck for you. No wait.... just simply try being TIRED... while waking up with a back-ache every 2 hours. Quite frankly, I'll never allow another "memory foam" in my life again. Those who might demand one? Yeah, they just need to go.... LOL

Edited by DymondDunes

Anyway... at the end of the day... look at the SIDE of your new mattress. Not the TOP.

If you are a stomach sleeper, and the side of your new mattress "molds" to your body? Think about it. You might be a "stomach sleeper", then feel pain when you wake up and find your back has been bent backwards all night.

If you are a "side" or "back" sleeper... you might do well with a memory foam.... except.... if you tend to snore. Just sayin...

Edited by DymondDunes

I have a $300 mattress I got at Macy's. Love that thing! I'm not into the whooptie-do cushy mattresses. I like a nice firm one, which is actually great for my back, and wallet!

Edited by Desert Disciple