Dirtywhiteboy

Anyone Have An Amazing Mattress?

I stopped sleeping on TOP of the bed. Lay under it with the Dog. Like my suspension...…………...I needed max clearance. Peace

On 10/22/2013 at 4:44 PM, robseg said:

The wife and I just bought the Sleep Number and love it. We originally got the memory foam top and we both hated it. We down graded and got the non memory foam and love it.

When I replaced the 2" foam top after a few years I bought a 3" foam top and it worked out great. DON~~~

Custom comfort Craig, showroom in brea or anahiem. Locally built, best money I have ever spent

Had the Costco Nova foam was good for about 2 years then started to sag. Returned it and got my money back. Went with a Saatva “luxury firm” and have loved it for the past 3 years now. Not real pricey either. 

Nest Alexander Signature Hybrid.  Fantastic mattress.  3 different firmness levels.  We started with the medium and then they replaced it with a luxury firm.  Steph Curry supposedly uses this mattress.  They have a store in Costa Mesa.  You get the best features of memory foam and the best features of inner spring.

https://www.nestbedding.com/blogs/news/see-the-bed-ayesha-curry-says-they-love

We ordered one of these.  Should be arriving soon.  Made prefect sense to me to be able to customize.

https://reverie.com/products/mattresses 

Does anyone have any experience with "The Mattress Man"?  I seen them at the SSSS this past year.  https://www.instagram.com/mattressmanrob/?hl=en 

10 minutes ago, GM FAM BAM said:

Does anyone have any experience with "The Mattress Man"?  I seen them at the SSSS this past year.  https://www.instagram.com/mattressmanrob/?hl=en 

I have one made by the Mattress Man. Not sure if there are other shops with the same name. I used the one in Whittier, CA on Washington Blvd. I have had mine for about 3 years and no problems. Was custom made to my liking.

Edited by sinverguenza
Spelling

12 minutes ago, GM FAM BAM said:

Just saw the pictures. Yes, I used them. 

Been researching for a while and figured I would share this. https://sleepessentials.com/ (First video) Long watch but some very interesting info in regard to mattress quality in the industry. Unfortunately he does not have a return policy so I just purchased the botanical bliss from https://www.plushbeds.com/Botanical-Bliss-Organic-Latex-Mattress.html  100 day return policy and also a free changeout for firmness if necessary. 100% natural Dunlop rubber construction. Did not trust the reviews on their site due to being so good so I read the reviews over at Trust Pilot. Great reviews there as well.  https://www.trustpilot.com/review/plushbeds.com  Each side is separate stacks so each person can set the firmness. 1.5 - 2 weeks for delivery so we shall see. 

Had the sleep number for about 6 months, hated it.  Could never get comfortable.  3K for a couple of twin size air beds? What a waste.  Bought the Costco foam mattress, the thick one, can't remember the name.  Was a little too firm, so I put a 3" foam topper on that and have never slept better.

42 minutes ago, SVrider said:

Had the sleep number for about 6 months, hated it.  Could never get comfortable.  3K for a couple of twin size air beds? What a waste.  Bought the Costco foam mattress, the thick one, can't remember the name.  Was a little too firm, so I put a 3" foam topper on that and have never slept better.

We just returned our $6000 sleep number bed. We absolutely hated it too. I have got a better night sleep in the bed of my truck with a sleeping bag. 

My wife loves our new bed, I'm not a big fan but it's way better than our sleep number. 

2 hours ago, SVrider said:

We have a sleep number and it is just a grossly over priced air mattress. The wife likes it but I would never get another one. I LOVE the one on our motorhome, but I don't know the brand.

Posted (edited)

I'm currently on a black beauty rest for about 3? years now. It's the extra firm. I tried several toppers 1" through 3" and always got lower back pain after awhile. I think I've had 3 mattreses in the last 12 years, Always nice at first but then I find faults. Pillows have a lot to do with my comfort believe it or not. Too high and my lowerback hurts, too low and my upper back and arms go numb. I must have 10 pillows I alternate with.   I just told the wife it's time for a new bed the other day. She thinks I'm nuts.  I'll have to go through this thread and check out what you all are sleeping on.

Edited by Legit Duner

we like our sleep number 

Posted (edited)

So the hookup gets better. The gal I use to go to was good, but I found her supplier Mattress Liquidators and he’s right here in Rancho Cucamonga. Just bought 3 beds in 2 weeks. I went to their showroom and spent an hour laying on and comparing all the different brands. Wear comfy clothes. Then I got a killer price by the owner Erik and his sweetheart assistant Rosa at ‭+1 (909) 581-1800‬ and headed out. Delivered on time no excuses. Each bed is a diff price so go pick one that’s right for you. My go to bed is a beauty rest black Med or firm pillow top. Bought a high end Klupt But have not tried it in the spare bedroom yet. At these prices, I will throw the mattress away every 36 months, and always have a Freshie. 

58BFC6B5-AF1C-4FED-BE78-CE262C8804BC.jpeg

6D2C21A4-58DF-4004-B3CF-70B81FBC6E9E.jpeg

75228A51-6096-4E64-9C14-1204861CBA44.jpeg

Edited by Dirtywhiteboy

Thank you for the info. 👍

On 5/30/2019 at 9:36 PM, SANDPSYCHO said:

We have a sleep number and it is just a grossly over priced air mattress. The wife likes it but I would never get another one. I LOVE the one on our motorhome, but I don't know the brand.

Agree 100% on the grossly overpriced air mattress  part above! 

In the hauler I put in a cheapy 6” spring mattress  with the same 3” topper and it’s pretty confortable to me as well..go figure 

Of course in your mohos at the dunes how many Ice Cold Delicious Beverages have you had at the fire? Any mattress will work! I have a 3" memory foam on top of the 1999 original mattress and sleep like a baby.  We still have a sleep number bed that has been passed around to my daughters. Wife is talking about buying a new foam and pillowtop for that. Might have to give it another try. Still waiting on my Dunlop foam mattress from  Plushbeds. :blink: