2011BFD

Totaled Razor

Have a friend rolled their 2012 4 seat xp, totaled. Thought, Ill buy it then redo it. Insurance compnay wanted $12K buy back WTF.

Has anyone else bought them back and wat what price, figured it needed 3 or 4K worth of parts and my time, I could buy a used one darn that price w/o a salvage title

16k is average on CL, 12k seems high but not crazy high.

Edited by duner2

16k is average on CL, 12k seems high but not crazy high.

You mean a used running one?

I agree but $12K totaled seems high since my labor is free, and it will have a salvage title

$12k is ridiculous I agree. I've watched 3 of them go for over $12k totaled. I was shocked when the first one went to $12,675 before the insurance auction ended. The other two I've seen since then have gone the same way. It's worth noting that all of them were rebuildable. Cage, radius rods on two of them, and a-arms wheels and tires on the other.

I wish I could report different. If I could I'd be building an apex powered xp4 and not an xp2.

$12k is ridiculous I agree. I've watched 3 of them go for over $12k totaled. I was shocked when the first one went to $12,675 before the insurance auction ended. The other two I've seen since then have gone the same way. It's worth noting that all of them were rebuildable. Cage, radius rods on two of them, and a-arms wheels and tires on the other.

I wish I could report different. If I could I'd be building an apex powered xp4 and not an xp2.

This is rebuildable; cage, plastics and front end, but will need some fab welding

I was thinking of getting a take off jagged x, lose the rear seats, make storage, longer Kings on rear end through the bed....

I got big ideas, just dont tell the wife

my buddy totaled his new 1000 with 186 miles on it buy back was $9k

Buy back is 12, but what did they pay out?

Thats crazy...I totaled my old RZR and buy back was $3500 and I could of had it mechaniclly repaired for about $800... The rest was cosmetic scratches

Edited by MossLager

Just walk away.

check out copart.com. 100 wrecked rzr to buy. Any one you want; you can see what they are actually going on the salvage market. Kinda convoluted in that you have to go through a broker to buy one; but definitely do-able.

check out copart.com. 100 wrecked rzr to buy. Any one you want; you can see what they are actually going on the salvage market. Kinda convoluted in that you have to go through a broker to buy one; but definitely do-able.

I've wanted to buy a few for an idea I have but have no broker license.

I've noticed some go cheap while others are pricey.

You can register with one of their agents which gets you a bidder number and you can bid up to a predetermined amount (have to put $$ on deposit with agent company). Easy to do as long as you set it up couple days in advance. There was a sick rail that I really wanted on there; but got outbid by someone in dubai.......