Skywonders

Stop Blm Harassment

So you guys try to save some cash by not buying passes, BLM catches you and you call it harassement. They targeted you based upon your actions of not complying.

So it's cool if a camp becomes a weeklong "target" after someone didn't have a pass? Cite and move on....

Lets face it, unless you're a Glamis regular, who the hell knows about or how to procure a pass? Glamis has now got to be the most inconvienient place on the planet to gain entry.

X2 ,And who always knows who in their camp has a pass, I know I don't police every guy camped in our circle. Should I be harassed because one person who has parked near me has violated the law, and besides an infraction does not mean you are a target to get harassed. Harassment should never be acceptable. By Mikebob's thinking if you get a parking ticket then you and all your neighbors on your street should get harassed. Shouldn't it be the LEO'S who are wrong ? Tim

Edited by King Tim

Why is a pass required for Glamis? To pay for the dumpsters, toilet paper in the restrooms and to grade the road. I thought our OHV fees paid for this?

No! The Permit is to pay for LEO to write more tickets to hire more LEO'S to write more tickers to hire more... You get the picture. It's just a cash cow to generate money.

LEO are needed but what happened to the spirit of the law. The LEO's lost their mission of civil service. They work for the public we don't work for them.

Our stop for no license plate bulb this last weekend, ended up with just a warning... but the cop was a major prick, held us up for about 25-30 minutes, partner shows up shines spot lights into our vehicle... approaches and starts chatting ("scrubbing") vehicle passengers, as they made the driver get out of the vehicle to ask about drugs, weapons, etc etc.

cops attitude as he apporaches the window when pulled over...

"why is your plate bulb out"

driver: "is it? I didn't know"

"give me your license... your reg and insurance.... wait here"

you'd think they would be a little more at ease for a license plate bulb on a stock ass vehcile, driving below the speed limit, no tint, no music playing etc... almost 200yds away from leaving gecko rd.

Had 2 people in our camp also get tickets for no passes, as they pulled in around 11PM the night prior... and never knew the kiosks were removed. Luckily I actually bought one at the gas station on the way out. I regularly don't buy passes.... screw their fees, we already pay the taxes, green sticker fees etc etc so lets pay for a pass, so we can have more rangers give us more tickets...yipeee.

The ranger that came up and started chatting up the passengers during the license plate ordeal, even said they get all excited to pull over anybody to see what they can get them for. Especially if it's slower. Those were the exact words.

just how many leo's does it require to wright a ticket for no pass. because it sounds like a minimum of four and two cars for a hour stop. if you park illegally in any other place in the usa they issue a parking ticket and move on but here they go well above and beyond

If it was simple job for the light or what ever excuse its for it should not take more than 10 minutes to cite and release.Most i know that have been stopped on the way out were let go but detained for 40-45 minutes.

I think we should have a challenge next trip everyone pays 20 to enter the one who gets past the the sharks on gecko road first gets the prize.LOL

As for camp visits i know if its out in the open its fair game for them to look at they claim the hanging pass or stickers is so that they dont have to get out of truck to look at.BUt they do anyways.A simple look to see if ohvs have current sticker is really all they need to walk out for if you are expired i can see a simple ticket.Again if your stuff is current and legal they should just look and be on their way not terrorize and continue to harass you anymore.I go out of my way to avoid them if i can camp far away and stay out of the lions den(drags and olds before they arrive).

I myself havent had that bad experience yet but i personally know those who have.

My dunning season is over this year in Glamis. Something is in the air over there that were not catching on to.

This is JMO only, but I would hope that the Beach store, Joe Fabs shop, people that set up at vendors row, get

on board with this as well. In the end. Its seasonal income for them. I wont be out there buying cold drinks and ice,

Wont be visiting Joe fabs shop for a 20min weld job on a broken 2" hollow that cost $300.00. True story. We love Joe, not bitching,

just saying. Its an eco system out there, we are just one part of it. The BLM rangers should be part of that system as well,

to protect and to serve, if I break a park rule, write me the ticket but don't treat me like Im your enemy. Glamis is not the flats in

Oakland. Why do I feel for the first time in my life camping in Glamis when I see a Ranger, I feel like Im in a war zone.

Also. A lot of guys say, don't camp on the Holidays, go mid week ????? do you really want to be alone or in a very small group

and have these guys light you up. Hell no, not me. I enjoy all the people. If things don't change with them. I will have a very nice

DeJong MX2 for sale next season. The incident with Dale at racer was the last straw for me this season.

I would be more inclined to hear from people who had a contact but were not cited, as this shows the unreasonable enforcement people speak of. Contacted, delayed for how long, reason, and final outcome no citation? Hmm, so why were these folks stopped? I was stopped in camp, literally. And I wasn't on any equipment. Just sitting next to my fire, with my boy and dog (on a leash). The reason for the "stop" was they could not see my pass. The pass was hanging in my moho rear view mirror in plain site. no Sir, this was not the reason for the encounter. it was a witch hunt at me. I wasn't doing anything wrong. Heck, I had just finished loading as the next morning I was leaving. so the pass excuse, ok. But why did the officer walk around my trailer and moho looking at everything else? he saw my pass, but then proceeded to examine the ground and the area around my camp spot with his flashlight. That to me was a total BS interaction we had.

We were out there right after Christmas, my buddy and I took the kids up to the Vendors to get some ice cream we were in wash 12. I wanted to pile in the truck and drive up, he was persistent on making sure we followed the law. If we piled into the truck, not everyone would have a seat belt, we planned to travel down wash road. So even though it was cold out, most of us, including myself piled int he truck, we all put seat belts on. He took his older Daughter in the Razor, helmet, seat belt full compliance. We are following each other, me 15 mph down wash road. He 15 MPH, on the side of wash road, in the Off Highway area, as we get near wash 3 a BLM Buggy is going away from the Vendors. He (The BLM Buggy) flips a U turn with his lights on. Gets behind my buddy. Stays behind him for a few seconds and then pulls up besides him, says I pulled you over because I could not see your registration sticker. Now mind you the sticker is on the back bar in the left quadrent per the law. My buddy says, it is there, the officer says, I see it now, my buddy then asks, do you want to see the paperwork too? The officer replies no.

It was a total witch hunt for something else, when he saw there was nothing he made up the excuse about the sticker.

We laughed it off, because I was not harassed in the truck and probably would not have been.

We are law abiding group and honestly have never been approached by the Ranger until this trip, except for the one time they came into camp a few years back to hand out stickers and Frisbees to the kids.

But this scares you as you never know what they may make up!

I would be more inclined to hear from people who had a contact but were not cited, as this shows the unreasonable enforcement people speak of. Contacted, delayed for how long, reason, and final outcome no citation? Hmm, so why were these folks stopped? I was stopped in camp, literally. And I wasn't on any equipment. Just sitting next to my fire, with my boy and dog (on a leash). The reason for the "stop" was they could not see my pass. The pass was hanging in my moho rear view mirror in plain site. no Sir, this was not the reason for the encounter. it was a witch hunt at me. I wasn't doing anything wrong. Heck, I had just finished loading as the next morning I was leaving. so the pass excuse, ok. But why did the officer walk around my trailer and moho looking at everything else? he saw my pass, but then proceeded to examine the ground and the area around my camp spot with his flashlight. That to me was a total BS interaction we had.

We were out there right after Christmas, my buddy and I took the kids up to the Vendors to get some ice cream we were in wash 12. I wanted to pile in the truck and drive up, he was persistent on making sure we followed the law. If we piled into the truck, not everyone would have a seat belt, we planned to travel down wash road. So even though it was cold out, most of us, including myself piled int he truck, we all put seat belts on. He took his older Daughter in the Razor, helmet, seat belt full compliance. We are following each other, me 15 mph down wash road. He 15 MPH, on the side of wash road, in the Off Highway area, as we get near wash 3 a BLM Buggy is going away from the Vendors. He (The BLM Buggy) flips a U turn with his lights on. Gets behind my buddy. Stays behind him for a few seconds and then pulls up besides him, says I pulled you over because I could not see your registration sticker. Now mind you the sticker is on the back bar in the left quadrent per the law. My buddy says, it is there, the officer says, I see it now, my buddy then asks, do you want to see the paperwork too? The officer replies no.

It was a total witch hunt for something else, when he saw there was nothing he made up the excuse about the sticker.

We laughed it off, because I was not harassed in the truck and probably would not have been.

We are law abiding group and honestly have never been approached by the Ranger until this trip, except for the one time they came into camp a few years back to hand out stickers and Frisbees to the kids.

But this scares you as you never know what they may make up!

did the same "couldn't see your sticker" to a friends buggy last year at the drags... of course it was right there.... then they went into the whole "have you been drinking thing" ... then let him go.

I got pulled over on wash rd going 15-20mph cruse control on.after running my info for 20mins and asking me if I had been drinking... he comes back,hands me my papers and tells me he pulled me over for going 30mph and bright headlights.''Your headlights are too bright".I tell him my truck is factory stock and I had CC on at 20mph.He says ok and walks away like nothing happened.Classic fishing tactics and harassment at it's best! IM not buying a pass next time I head out,not feeding the roaches anymore!

I got pulled over on wash rd going 15-20mph cruse control on.after running my info for 20mins and asking me if I had been drinking... he comes back,hands me my papers and tells me he pulled me over for going 30mph and bright headlights.''Your headlights are too bright".I tell him my truck is factory stock and I had CC on at 20mph.He says ok and walks away like nothing happened.Classic fishing tactics and harassment at it's best! IM not buying a pass next time I head out,not feeding the roaches anymore!

Just one more thing for them to ticket you for, they had a check point in Gordon's last weekend sunday am ticketing people with no pass that we're leaving

Signed..

It's not just people in Glamis or Imperial Valley it's motorcycle shops all over the country, grocery stores, gas stations, motorhome repair facilities, tire shops, aluminum parts manufactures, I could go on and on! The economic impact is huge! It seems like the LEO gets to come to the Imperial Sand Dunes to get there jollies off of HARASSEMENT then go back to wherever there patrol area was and not have any repercussions. This is wrong. There are many different avenues to take this fight. ACLU, Congresses, Senate, County Board of Supervisors, Govenor, ect.

So what's next when they pull you and find nothing will they start setting u up? Oh we found drugs in your truck Mr :sraptor:

Filed a complaint with ACLU. Will see what they will want for evidence so please stay tuned so we can get them the best evidence possible. This will take awhile but they have the resources to help us.

Signed.

Signed, kind of doubt that it will make a difference but worth a try. Personally, I think that a group of 200-500 people on quads, bikes, SXS's, and rails surrounding their stupid little "Compound" on Gecko with some signs and media exposure would do a lot more to get the point across.

Ditto. Petitions are for the most part useless waste of time. No one in power gives a rats patoot about a petition. POSITIVE media exposure is the only thing that will ultimately have any chance of bringing change.

SIGNED , BLM Makes us OK and TX boys want to stay home!!

That's why I would like to read more about the stops that didn't result in a violation. On the other hand, a simple violation does not require 3 additional officers with the mad dog look hand on gun attitude towards people who are being respectful. A violation is a violation. your caught, you knew better. take your medicine. I think the vibe is more about-

1. unlawful detainment and search and seizure.

2.professional conduct and the "bully' attitude. My perception of this topic is more about #2 and how people are being treated. Don't tell me your checking for passes then proceed to search firewood for nails, litter on the ground 100 feet away and accuse me of littering. That's the BS part most of the time they seem to dig at. I watched a guy this last thanksgiving get a ticket for no flag. he was in a TERCEL driving to his friends campsite near vendor row. Even saw him open his back to show the cop his camping gear. said he was not duning his car, he was driving to his campsite. he got the ticket. that's the BS I want to think this topic is focusing on. that was crap in my eyes, and I was a non impacted observer. It really irked me.

And where did you lodge your complaint of this incident?

im sure many of you saw, i was pulled over due to no flag, 100% in the wrong, backed car out of trailer after the sand blasting on sunday, headed to drags, they knabbed me, i did have a buddy close that had two whips and gave me one of his, BLM said ok that will work thought i was good, and then started in with the 20 ? , registration, drinking, any thing on you u shouldnt have, in the car? where you camped ( i thought was odd)... blah blah blah.... in the mean time three more blm or whatever roll up and get out and start looking over the car, in the car, and i ended up with two on one side of me and the original blm on the other, like i was getting ready to run and just leave may car, really!!! then he said "well once we pull you over we have to write a ticket for something", so he asked do you reg papers? after finding nothing else wrong, i said yes heres the sticker (oklahoma one), he said ok, how bout the paper one, in the motorhome i do, well ok you have to carry it, (didnt know that, my fault), so got a ticket for not having reg paper in poss, back to the point. the "once we pull you over we have to write a tix" bothered me!! >>>>>so they will just keep looking till they find something or make it up???<<<<

Edited by trxr101

Some ridiculous stories in here. Maybe I'm not so upset about missing the dunes for the last couple of years?

So what's next when they pull you and find nothing will they start setting u up? Oh we found drugs in your truck Mr :sraptor:

im sure many of you saw, i was pulled over due to no flag, 100% in the wrong, backed car out of trailer after the sand blasting on sunday, headed to drags, they knabbed me, i did have a buddy close that had two whips and gave me one of his, BLM said ok that will work thought i was good, and then started in with the 20 ? , registration, drinking, any thing on you u shouldnt have, in the car? where you camped ( i thought was odd)... blah blah blah.... in the mean time three more blm or whatever roll up and get out and start looking over the car, in the car, and i ended up with two on one side of me and the original blm on the other, like i was getting ready to run and just leave may car, really!!! then he said "well once we pull you over we have to write a ticket for something", so he asked do you reg papers? after finding nothing else wrong, i said yes heres the sticker (oklahoma one), he said ok, how bout the paper one, in the motorhome i do, well ok you have to carry it, (didnt know that, my fault), so got a ticket for not having reg paper in poss, back to the point. the "once we pull you over we have to write a tix" bothered me!! >>>>>so they will just keep looking till they find something or make it up???<<<<

Solution: from now on everyone builds all white cars with no major identifying features. If you get lit up..... Peddle to the metal. Dont stop. BLM goes to give chase and follows you over a dune only to see you disappear into a sea of other white cars. Sounds fun to me.

:sraptor:

Signed.

:nag:

Solution: from now on everyone builds all white cars with no major identifying features. If you get lit up..... Peddle to the metal. Dont stop. BLM goes to give chase and follows you over a dune only to see you disappear into a sea of other white cars. Sounds fun to me.

:sraptor:

:rtd: :rtd: lol badass