Sign in to follow this  
kkahabka

Rear Disc Brake Help!

Hi guys,

Ive got a A+ copy 70 that I'm building and I want to put a rear disc brake on it.

Ive seen a few guys are using the 85-86 rotor and hub, what caliper are you all using with that rotor?

Or is there a better option? Im open to ideas!!!

Pics below of bike now, long project but it WILL be finished.....

post-27472-1390237428_thumb.jpg

Guest KASEY

I am just building what your looking for ,,,,about $125 in parts and a bracket,, if interested,, then you will have to build a pedal... that includes a caliper,, hose,, disc and a master cylinder all new parts

0118141511b-1.jpg

Edited by KASEY

I am just building what your looking for ,,,,about $125 in parts and a bracket,, if interested,, then you will have to build a pedal... that includes a caliper,, hose,, disc and a master cylinder all new parts

0118141511b-1.jpg

All included, just add brake pedal?

Guest KASEY

I have an A+ swingarm so I can make the adaptor bracket to mount the caliper on,, then all you have to do is weld it on and mount the caliper,, then you will have to mount the mastercylinder and build a pedal,, you should be able to adapt a pitbike pedal,, I haven't got that far yet or I would have a pedal to go with it also,,,

the disc will have to be mounted on a hub also,, I used the stock drum and turned a hub into it for the disc.

I have an A+ swingarm so I can make the adaptor bracket to mount the caliper on,, then all you have to do is weld it on and mount the caliper,, then you will have to mount the mastercylinder and build a pedal,, you should be able to adapt a pitbike pedal,, I haven't got that far yet or I would have a pedal to go with it also,,,

the disc will have to be mounted on a hub also,, I used the stock drum and turned a hub into it for the disc.

Didn't you use the 85-86 250r hub and weld it once?

Guest KASEY

yes I did,, on a project years ago..

So It looks like I would need to weld the caliper bracket and make a pedal, thats it right?

Youre doing the hub and disc?

Kris

Guest KASEY

if your not in a hurry ,,, I have a pedal I am going to use,, so let me get it all complete as a kit and I will get back to you,,,

if your not in a hurry ,,, I have a pedal I am going to use,, so let me get it all complete as a kit and I will get back to you,,,

No Rush, but hurry up……. Just kidding keep me in the loop!

Any update on the rear disc conversion?

I think randy put a 200x hub on his and it fit perfect. rotor and all. have to weld up a caliber bracket and pedal.

I think randy put a 200x hub on his and it fit perfect. rotor and all. have to weld up a caliber bracket and pedal.

Who is this Randy? Is he on GD?

Im Randy.. I am running a 90 axle and carrier so not the same set up. Not sure if the 200x hub fits the 70 axle. There is still was a decent amount of work to make it fit to get the proper clearances.

On the 70 The stock brake hub is machined to use the splines. Ron at R-55 does a great job at making the hub assembly for his frame kits. He makes a adapter plate, welds it to the splines cut from the drum then machines it down. Very strong and clean looking..

post-2871-1419872244_thumb.jpg

post-2871-1419872263_thumb.jpg

post-2871-1419872281_thumb.jpg

post-2871-1419872298_thumb.jpg

Im Randy.. I am running a 90 axle and carrier so not the same set up. Not sure if the 200x hub fits the 70 axle. There is still was a decent amount of work to make it fit to get the proper clearances.

On the 70 The stock brake hub is machined to use the splines. Ron at R-55 does a great job at making the hub assembly for his frame kits. He makes a adapter plate, welds it to the splines cut from the drum then machines it down. Very strong and clean looking..

Off topic, but where can I get the FRONT axle for the A+?

I measure approx. 15mmx306mm??????

Need one bad!

I made one out of a 125m front axel. Nothing just bolt on as far as I know.

So It looks like I would need to weld the caliper bracket and make a pedal, thats it right?

Youre doing the hub and disc?

Kris

Its been a while. Still no brake on bike LOL. Any update on your project?