Sign in to follow this  
The Goo

Funco Rack Leaking

The Funco rack I have is leaking. Its in the area of where the steering shaft attaches. There is a dust cover that I removed and I can see the fluid leaking from there. There is a snap ring that holds in a bearing of some sort. I imagine there is a seal underneath the bearing??? Im at work so I have no pictures to show you. But has anybody had a simular experience and is it a easy fix? I will post pictures tonight when I get home.

Thanks

Jerry

Yes. Time for a rebuild. Send it to Grant.

Yes. Time for a rebuild. Send it to Grant.

Im hoping its an easy fix that I can do myself. If not, it will be taken in

If your rack is the early type that uses a Mustang Spool valve Grant has a updated replacement top seal. (aluminum with O-rings) An easy replacement in car.

If it is the late type with a Sweet spool valve you might have to send it in for new seals. The Sweet valves rarely leek and if they do it is at the bottom and into the drivers side boot..

If your rack is the early type that uses a Mustang Spool valve Grant has a updated replacement top seal. (aluminum with O-rings) An easy replacement in car.

If it is the late type with a Sweet spool valve you might have to send it in for new seals. The Sweet valves rarely leek and if they do it is at the bottom and into the drivers side boot..

Cool, I think i will just call him. Thank you

You can just snap in another seal but its probable that something else allowed movement to cause the seal to fail :ck:

On my last car, the Sweet valve was leaking where the steering column connected. I found replacement seal was referenced to a Mercedes part number.... like $30. ~sorry but that's all the info I can remember.

I had Grant fix mine .....

It's not leaking, it's the tears dripping from your car cause you don't want it anymore.

It's not leaking, it's the tears dripping from your car cause you don't want it anymore.

hahahah now I feel guilty

I had Grant fix mine .....

x2

x-3

Mine was done pretty quick and inexpensive as well thru Grant!

Oh man great response! :sha:

Just replace the seal, before you replace the seal take the spring out of the new seal and unwind the spring and cut four coils off, {must be a clean cut} and reinstall.

Edited by Dog eat dog

+1

hahahah now I feel guilty

:1cheff:

Pretty common, send to Grant for rebuild