scotty_

Clear Up The Stake Removal Vs Closure Open Time ?

ok lets keep it simple cause i am mildly retarded :sandtrap:

closures are gonna open via legal bla bla bla

90 days after the rod

pulling stakes in may

sooooo

after this stake pulling party in may are the closures open for riding ?

central closure and the big stuff out past china ?

There has been too much heart break. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your dune closure stakes, the sand, the smell of two stroke, and the whole closure area, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway to plant tulips. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

There has been too much heart break. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your dune closure stakes, the sand, the smell of two stroke, and the whole closure area, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway to plant tulips. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

Fantastic!

I say game on, right now!

I look at it this way....

From the perspective of "90 after the ROD is published", that was done last year... June I believe, so the 90 days is well passed, and Judge has denied the cross motions for CBD, so in my mind I believe they SHOULD BE OPEN NOW (my opinion, your mileage & the BLM's may differ)

The ASA has asked that people stay out until the BLM removes the stakes around the closures. I will abide by their request since they have been very instrumental in getting us to this point.

Closure stakes will be removed from the Small Gecko closure area on May 3rd. Any time after that you can ride there. I think just by opening this section it will relieve a lot of congestion in the dunes at busy times.

Large Central closure stakes - I would assume these will remain in place UNTIL the BLM can stake the critical habitat area for the PMV. Should be done by October is my guess.

I have never been to 'The Wall" and look forward to seeing it on my first trip in October.

My .02

:rtd:

Bravo..

Everyone seem to be on "the Wall" bandwagon. Don't get too excited. It aint that great

Everyone seem to be on "the Wall" bandwagon. Don't get too excited. It aint that great

"focus on the journey, not the destination"

hahahaaa. The journey aint that great either! Maybe after 2 decades or rails blasting open routes there.

Fun for quads but it's tight back there. Like behind China Wall.

hahahaaa. The journey aint that great either! Maybe after 2 decades or rails blasting open routes there.

Yup, it's going to be ugly getting there for the big LT Cars.

All the better.. :thumbup:

All the better.. :thumbup:

That's the entrance exam... :sandtrap:

Getting to the taco is interesting

China could get wierd strange lines on the top

The wall ? It was fun when i was there but there needs to be a sand highway so i can drive my ranger there :1cheff:

Back to topic !

If the stakes are coming up can i drive to the wall after the 5 th ?

back on topic...

Stakes around the large central closure (where "The Wall" is) WILL NOT COME DOWN on May 3rd.

I know, I'm a party pooper.

Edited by Rick Bowen

back on topic...

Stakes around the large central closure (where "The Wall" is) WILL NOT COME DOWN on May 3rd.

thanks for the info

any idea when they will ? before oct ?

I look at it this way....

From the perspective of "90 after the ROD is published", that was done last year... June I believe, so the 90 days is well passed, and Judge has denied the cross motions for CBD, so in my mind I believe they SHOULD BE OPEN NOW (my opinion, your mileage & the BLM's may differ)

The ASA has asked that people stay out until the BLM removes the stakes around the closures. I will abide by their request since they have been very instrumental in getting us to this point.

Closure stakes will be removed from the Small Gecko closure area on May 3rd. Any time after that you can ride there. I think just by opening this section it will relieve a lot of congestion in the dunes at busy times.

Large Central closure stakes - I would assume these will remain in place UNTIL the BLM can stake the critical habitat area for the PMV. Should be done by October is my guess.

I have never been to 'The Wall" and look forward to seeing it on my first trip in October.

My .02

I agree, its defiantly BEST to abide by what the ASA asks.

Legally speaking only, it seems from reading the summary judgement (just my opinion, could be wrong) all the new ramp area is open NOW and have been since U.S. District Judge Susan Illston of the U.S. Northern District Court of California ruling on April 3.

The ASA is concerned people stay out of the small narrow closed corridor on the west side of the dunes that runs parallel to canal road from about a mile south of roadrunner to more or less the 8.

I'll be out next week and ask if I see any blm...

http://www.sharetrails.org/uploads/243-Ord....04.03.2014.pdf

Here is the summary judgement,,, gotta luv page 30 the conclusion... "IT IS SO ORDERRED"... the tree huggers got to hate that...

I believe the very small white box is very close to the wall...

NewClosurePlan_zps87e23c0c.jpg

back on topic...

thanks for the info

any idea when they will ? before oct ?

The PMV CH has a complex boundary = not a straight line. There will be many "cul-de-sacs" that could confuse a rider. Anti-access groups will be waiting for us to accidentally ride into the CH. The ASA internally discussed asking the BLM to install a buffer zone that is laid out in more of a straight line. It would carry a warning that the area is open but you are headed toward a dead end where the PMV CH signage is located.

Bottom line is that it will take the BLM some time to sort it all out. The BLM understands that we want every acre possible back. But marking it must be done in a way that keeps us all out of court. It looks like re-signing the main closure may take months but could be open for the next riding season in September 2014. It will be interesting to find out what the BLM's final solution is.

As for riding into the large main closure right now: I suppose that it could be argued that you violated a closure marker and therefore broke the law. Just because it was due to come down might not be considered relevant by a judge. Also, because the PMV CH is not yet marked, it could be difficult to argue that you stayed out of it. Perhaps to error on the side of caution is best for now.

The small central closure is open for motorized recreation on May 3 as soon as the signs come down.

Edited by Vincent J. Brunasso

passage ways through the closure in the south would be nice. so you wouldnt have to go all the way around

sorta what they do on gecko on the pads so you can cross from side to side.