BLDrinker

Hunting Trips Who Has What Planned?

Hunting season is just around the corner anyone got anything planned?

Im heading to Williams, Oregon for 10 days. Taking one friend up there with me and meeting another that lives up there. All 3 of us have buck tags. We are planning on a 3 day 2 night hike into one spot we have been looking at. Because of that I have been buying gear all summer long trying to get ready.

Anyone else been doing the same?

Did you ever go on that other hunting trip that you bought the rifle for? Did you bag anything that trip?

Did you ever go on that other hunting trip that you bought the rifle for? Did you bag anything that trip?

This is that trip :sraptor:

Colorado in October, Buck, rifle. Limited draw area - been waiting 13 years for my tag here!

I just got back today from A Zone, got a forky and a pig....that's my friend that is skinning it

post-3983-1409619941_thumb.jpg

Edited by cbz692

Colorado in October, Buck, rifle. Limited draw area - been waiting 13 years for my tag here!

That's a long wait, really hope it pays off.

I just got back today from A Zone, got a forky and a pig....that's my friend that is skinning it

Nice pig. Where is the buck picture.

archery opens Friday here. I'll be out there

Pheasants, South Dakota family land, mid October. Annual event.

Colorado this year . Will be leaving. Oct 30 will be back Novembe 10

I was possibly heading to Montana this year, but my friend won an African Safari ...........

Colorado this year . Will be leaving. Oct 30 will be back Novembe 10

I have 3 buddies from work going to Durango. I was supposed to go but didn't like my chances of drawing a 4th season tag so I'm Oregon bound with a over counter tag. Want to do 3rd season elk in Colorado next year and western deer oregon but that's $1,100 in tags. Alisha is pretty understanding but that's a tuff sale lol

I was possibly heading to Montana this year, but my friend won an African Safari ...........

Montana would be awesome any over counter tags or is it draw only?

Haven't really hunted since I moved from Oregon, but did get this over the weekend.

post-28275-1409631192_thumb.jpg

Went bird hunting today for opening day got my limit :) we have our normal hunt late oct in az for whitetail and we are going on a Mexico whitetail hunt in jan :) can't wait for that hunt

I will be hunting a buzz just about every weekend.

Not only is it about the only thing I am good at hunting, but I usually get my limit every time!

Actually, hoping to get some decent quail hunting this winter-the last few years sucked. I am hoping the recent rains will have helped.

Good luck! Hope you have a great time and get a big one!

As a kid we used to go to Fresno and hunt Pheasant in the cotton fields.....that was a blast.

:dunno: if folks are still able to do that, a Farmer let a group of my Dad's Cal-trans buddies do that yearly.

Good-times.

as long as I get something I will be stoked. Spent almost 3k in new gear so I will be bummed if I come up empty.

as long as I get something I will be stoked. Spent almost 3k in new gear so I will be bummed if I come up empty.

Its all part of it. I have a lot of money tied up in fishing equip as well. Its a pisser going out on an albacore trip, weather turn sour on the trip out, and you come home with nithing but a 750.00$ cruise into mexican waters and a 200.00$ beer and food bill on the boat.

Edited by saychz316

Montana would be awesome any over counter tags or is it draw only?

not sure he is a resident and we would be on private property ......

Its all part of it. I have a lot of money tied up in fishing equip as well. Its a pisser going out on an albacore trip, weather turn sour on the trip out, and you come home with nithing but a 750.00$ cruise into mexican waters and a 200.00$ beer and food bill on the boat.

I understand and m ok with it but I was skunked 2 yrs ago in CO. I think I have a good chance at bagging something. It's called hunting not killing, I have fun just walking through the woods.

I understand and m ok with it but I was skunked 2 yrs ago in CO. I think I have a good chance at bagging something. It's called hunting not killing, I have fun just walking through the woods.

Don't be walking to much by yourself in those woods........

post-17524-1409703875.gif

Don't be walking to much by yourself in those woods........

post-17524-1409703875.gif

Makes one wonder how someone finds something like that... Yikes

Trip?

I'm going to wake up, step out the back door, shoot Buckzilla and make the boys gut it while I get dressed.

Johnny Morris owns several thousand acres by our place and I have seen several monster white tails and I'm sure they are from his place. These things are the biggest and most beautiful I have ever seen alive. They rival anything mounted at Bass Pro or Cabela's.