BLDrinker

Hunting Trips Who Has What Planned?

Trip?

I'm going to wake up, step out the back door, shoot Buckzilla and make the boys gut it while I get dressed.

Johnny Morris owns several thousand acres by our place and I have seen several monster white tails and I'm sure they are from his place. These things are the biggest and most beautiful I have ever seen alive. They rival anything mounted at Bass Pro or Cabela's.

My brother in law lives in Missouri if you need help killing deer I'm willing to help.

Trip?

I'm going to wake up, step out the back door, shoot Buckzilla and make the boys gut it while I get dressed.

Johnny Morris owns several thousand acres by our place and I have seen several monster white tails and I'm sure they are from his place. These things are the biggest and most beautiful I have ever seen alive. They rival anything mounted at Bass Pro or Cabela's.

My brother in law lives in Missouri if you need help killing deer I'm willing to help.

We have seen more deer this year than ever. The conservation department reports that the Ozarks are loaded but that northern Missouri is light this season. I am going to start scouting them next month. If you can get a tag here the hunting should be great.

We have turkey, deer, hogs, bobcats, mountain lion, bear, fox, and now they have reintroduced elk.

Trip?

We have seen more deer this year than ever. The conservation department reports that the Ozarks are loaded but that northern Missouri is light this season. I am going to start scouting them next month. If you can get a tag here the hunting should be great.

We have turkey, deer, hogs, bobcats, mountain lion, bear, fox, and now they have reintroduced elk.

will look into it for next year

We do ok up here. :hmm:

post-18960-1410212369_thumb.jpg

I'll be doing what I usually do. Chasing coyotes to help you deer hunters out.

post-21695-1410214659.jpg

Consider this your formal invite for you and the fellas to come up ANYTIME you'd like.

Consider this your formal invite for you and the fellas to come up ANYTIME you'd like.

Awesome. I'm game. Love hunting havasu and Parker and Vidal. I blow some big holes in those mangy dogs out there

post-21695-1410214982.jpg

Seriously?

Looks like a trip to Havasu is in order!!

Just took the class for my Hunter safety card this weekend and picked up my Upland game license. Green as hell when it comes to the hunting scene but look forward to trying it with my newly purchased Benelli 12g. What is the reason for shooting Coyotes? Do you use the fur, or is their an abundance of them? I can understand shooting the deer, dove, whatever it might be for the meat. But you certainly don't eat Coyote so what is the reason people shoot them, as well as squirrels? Is it for practice?

Edited by Lepimpster

Just took the class for my Hunter safety card this weekend and picked up my Upland game license. Green as hell when it comes to the hunting scene but look forward to trying it with my newly purchased Benelli 12g. What is the reason for shooting Coyotes? Do you use the fur, or is their an abundance of them? I can understand shooting the deer, dove, whatever it might be for the meat. But you certainly don't eat Coyote so what is the reason people shoot them, as well as squirrels? Is it for practice?

You should be thanking me since it sounds like you'll be upland game hunting soon. The coyotes run rampant and unchecked. Their numbers are exploding and have no natural predators. They're vermin and need to be thinned out. Sadly, we could really never kill 7/10 (that's the ratio we'd need to eliminate to have a controlled number of them) coyotes if we tried. They're open year round. No limit. No method of take, and best of all, they're a "leave them lay" non-game mammal. Meaning I can shoot them, and leave them.

Edited by 5150

Temecula area

post-21695-1410217235.jpg

Do the hunting rules apply for them as far as having to be atleast 150 yards from homes? I live right near a field where you hear them all night long. How do I tell where its legal to shoot. I'msure the neighbors would be calling the popo if they see a guy in the field popping off shots. I've seen dove in the field nearby as well.

As a kid we used to go to Fresno and hunt Pheasant in the cotton fields.....that was a blast.

:dunno: if folks are still able to do that, a Farmer let a group of my Dad's Cal-trans buddies do that yearly.

Good-times.

The only pheasants up here now are at planted hunts.

As a kid we used to go to Fresno and hunt Pheasant in the cotton fields.....that was a blast.

:dunno: if folks are still able to do that, a Farmer let a group of my Dad's Cal-trans buddies do that yearly.

Good-times.

The only pheasants up here now are at planted hunts.

This was in the mid 80's.

Idaho wolf hunt next year.

WTF?

How many guys, and how many days did it take to gather this pile?

WTF?

How many guys, and how many days did it take to gather this pile?

3 days. 2 nights. 9 teams of 3-4. People don't even have a clue how many coyotes are out there.

My trip is just 13 days away! Anyone go out and get anything? Weather forecast for me is looking warm hi 60's during the day. Im praying for some cooler weather. Screwed up and ordered my ammo a little bit late hopefully I get it in time and don't have to use plan B loads.

i got skunked on the draw this year in AZ for everything, looks like more time to dune!!!

I did just return from helping on a Bull Elk hunt in unit 5A in AZ, it is up on the Mogollon Rim, beautiful country and beautiful weather. I am sure most from AZ are familiar with it.

The short of a long story and a long hunt:

It was truly an amazing hunt for me in every sense. My father and I were basically guiding for my Unlce who was stricken with Parkinson's disease roughly 5 years ago. He has been a sportsman and a bow hunter his whole life and this was quite possibly his last hunt. He needs small amounts of help getting dressed, cooking food, getting in and out of the toy hauler and truck using the bathroom that type of deal, used a cane in the trailer and out in the woods. Many people said he had no business being up in the woods and they were probably partialy right but he was determined and the way he would light up when we would see a cow elk or hear a bull bugle was like magic and would confirm to me we were doing the right thing.

The hunt lasted the usual 2 weeks and on the 2nd to last day of the hunt we were able to get him in on a spike bull. I helped him bail out of the truck and sneak up about 20 yrds into the cover of some trees, my father drove the truck another 150 - 200 yrds down the road and started to cow call. I set up the tripod for the crossbow and got him pointed in the right direction, the bull slowly made it's way passed us and i heard my uncle start breathing heavy and his hand started shaking (not from the parkinson's) as bull fever set in, at about 50 yrds the bull stopped and turned broadside, all that was going through my head was SHOOT! SHOOT! i heard one more cow call from behind us, my father making his way our direction, the bull looked and finally (thunk) my uncle fired the shot, it had near perfect placement, the bull went about another 40 or 50 yrds and bedded down, We watched with binos and he never moved again. Success!!! After many missed opportunities and a lot of long nights turning into early mornings all of our hard work had payed off.

I realized so many different things about life in general on this hunt, I was so inspired by my uncle's passion and dedication and went through so many different emotions between watching my Uncle deal with his disease, practically dragging him through the forest at times, the beauty of calling a cow elk in to about 20 yrds, the screams and bugles of bulls as they echo in your ears and through the canyons. This was the 1st hunt i had ever experienced with the Bulls in rut.

I must say the screams and bugles of a Bull in rut closing the distance on you i think is only rivalved by the sounds of the first big block GM motor in camp firing up for that early moring ride out in Glamis...

It was the type of hunt that keeps you coming back for years to come!

post-67422-1412398528_thumb.jpg

Same hunt as the one described above.

This is my cousin's taken the last day of the season.

My father was calling and my cousin was stalking.

I was back at camp hainging with/helping my uncle.

post-67422-1412399190_thumb.jpg

Jajl22,

Awesome report! That hunt will be talked about every year in hunt camp!

Congrats to you for putting in the work for your Uncle.

Congrats to your Uncle and Cousin, nice animals.

9 days till I start my way to Colorado!

just got my CA hunting license, and I also bought an AZ hunting license. Friend took me Coyote hunting in Salome, AZ last weekend there was some weird weather with the thunderstorms didn't see or hear any Coyote on saturday, but did call one in on Sunday. I couldn't believe how easy it is to get an AZ license- just click, pay, and print-Done!

Jdubrr that is a awesome story. Glad your uncle got one, hope it's not his last.

Just got back from the laughlin/kingman quail opener....hot and dry....not many birds left. Time to focus on yotes and leave the birds alone for a few years to allow them to come back. We need rain in the winter time for the these birds. Oh and rocky boots suck...10th trip on the boots and they fell apart....geez.....