BLDrinker

Hunting Trips Who Has What Planned?

This morning in CO. My buddy Kevin smoked this monster.

post-47686-1416072726_thumb.jpg

^^^^^ Thick!

Nice deer!!!

^^^^^ Thick!

Nice deer!!!

That was his first time ever hunting big game. Super nice kid, really happy for him.

Center punch a softball with my 300WM at 100 yards this weekend.. LOL!

post-11602-1416279870_thumb.jpg

Center punch a softball with my 300WM at 100 yards this weekend.. LOL!

post-11602-1416279870_thumb.jpg

I would have figured that it would have done more damage. What bullet?

Some cheap 180gr Czech shiz. Nothing special. The leather was basically holding it together...

The core was pretty tough though. Hit it a bunch more times with FMJ.223 and 22LR, and all it did was put tiny holes in it.

I honestly spent more time shooting golf balls of the top of beer bottles at 50yds with my .22 than anything. LOL!!

have gotten out with the bow twice this season, haven't had anything worth shooting, my brother has been out three times, seen 2 nice deer, taken two shots , and missed twice, and missed a shot at a turkey as well. We are going out together thurs. morning. Hope I see something worth killin. Might be the last time I get out this season.

well this morning had a lot of potential. I was set up and had 4 bucks slowly working their way towards me (3 really nice and 1 forkie). they loitered about 60yards out for ten minutes or so it seemed. Just when I was just getting impatient enough to draw and take the shot, "DEER!", two hikers came in from the north and were yelling and screaming about the cute deer now snorting grunting and thrashing away. I hate people.... Gonna go back out tomorrow evening after work.

Here is a bull I got in late September in Arizona with a bow. It was a hard hunt finally shot it on day 13

post-41220-1419295992_thumb.jpg

post-41220-1419296268_thumb.jpg

^^^^^ Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is some good eating there.

Here is a bull I got in late September in Arizona with a bow. It was a hard hunt finally shot it on day 13

That looks like allot of work. Congrats

Well my buddy lost his connection on his hunting spot in Colorado. The property owner passed away. So my group of 4 total are looking for somewhere to go. We don't have shit for preference points. Anyone know of any property owners that would allow us to hunt on their property for a reasonable fee? Any western state with a over counter tag for buck, bull or cow is fine. I know this is a huge long shot because folks keep things like this to themselves and I understand why.

Well my buddy lost his connection on his hunting spot in Colorado. The property owner passed away. So my group of 4 total are looking for somewhere to go. We don't have shit for preference points. Anyone know of any property owners that would allow us to hunt on their property for a reasonable fee? Any western state with a over counter tag for buck, bull or cow is fine. I know this is a huge long shot because folks keep things like this to themselves and I understand why.

I was doing some research trying to find a somewhat local place to hunt, and I came across this

http://bighorncanyonranch.com/?page_id=15

I asked some hunting buddies about it and one said that it's like a petting zoo. Still might go check it out since it's in Riverside, so that would make it a short drive, and wouldn't require hotel/lodging.

public lands

I was doing some research trying to find a somewhat local place to hunt, and I came across this

http://bighorncanyonranch.com/?page_id=15

I asked some hunting buddies about it and one said that it's like a petting zoo. Still might go check it out since it's in Riverside, so that would make it a short drive, and wouldn't require hotel/lodging.

Be carefull there! I heard the pigs eat out if your pocket there.

public lands

That's what we were doing, but his connection owned property that blocked access to the public. That's what we would like to find agsin and are willing to pay for that privilege. I know that's like asking for a golden unicorn lol.

Public land creates some problems for us being that it will be very far from where we live 2 or 3 states away. We don't have time to go scout multiple times and also what happens if we drive 700-800 miles and someone is already hunting our planned area?

I'm sure we will end up buying over counter tags in Colorado or Idaho and just driving out there blind on a hope and prayer we find somewhere to hunt.

What about fort hunter liggett? Had a buddy years ago in high school that would hunt hear all the time with his dad. Not sure if you can still, high schools has been a few years ago.

What about fort hunter liggett? Had a buddy years ago in high school that would hunt hear all the time with his dad. Not sure if you can still, high schools has been a few years ago.

Never heard of it

Well I had a pretty amazing year. I was lucky enough to harvest this trophy of a lifetime Couse buck….

130 ⅜"

post-10505-1423807287.jpg

post-10505-1423807305.jpg

post-10505-1423807320.jpg

post-10505-1423807330.jpg

post-10505-1423807342.jpg

post-10505-1423807343.jpg

post-10505-1423807354_thumb.jpg

post-10505-1423807365.jpg

post-10505-1423807376.jpg

Moto! Outstanding Coues!!! And the others! Wow

I'll be in Tucson next weekend for Javelina, 1st time hunting them.

Matt how did the hunt go?

Matt how did the hunt go?

Didn't see a damn one of them!!! :lol: but had a good hike 3 days in a row. Come home to find out I was hunting near Hambone1.

Can't tag out on all of them

Just a applied in New Mexico for Elk rifle and bow in early OCT

and deer rifle in late OCT.. I hope the draw gods are looking down on me this year.

cause last year sucked. not one person in my family drew.

Applying for Colorado 4th season buck tag. Doubt I draw with it being my first time applying. Might be sitting this year out.

I took a 'shotgun' approach for hunting this year

Colorado - deer - preference point (hunted there last year)

Utah - applied for deer - rifle (also a PP for elk and desert big horn sheep)

AZ - applied for archery Elk