BLDrinker

Hunting Trips Who Has What Planned?

Been working a crapload of hours since November. We finaly got caught up so we left work early yesterday and headed to Blythe for some coyote hunting.

Didn't see anything last night. But I did almost step on a rattle snake. Yikes!

Went out early this morning and started calling. 15minutes into the first stand this girl came running in. My buddy took first shot missed then me then him again. On my second shot (she was hauling ass heading fir the hills) I connected with my 30/06 and she started cart wheeling. So stoked I made that difficult of a shot.

post-47686-1426301277_thumb.jpg

Applied for Colorado tag this morning. First choice cow second choice bull 4th season rifle. We rarely see bulls but usually see a couple cows. Drawing a buck required atleast a preference point in the 4th season which I don't have. Next year we will do 3rd season good chances of drawing buck then.

Just applied for Colorado 4th session bull elk also.

Last year we had buck tags and saw a couple bulls and a few cows. This year hopefully we will see the bull again, but I'm guessing now that we have elk tags ( if we draw) we'll only see bucks. :nag:

Just applied for Colorado 4th session bull elk also.

Last year we had buck tags and saw a couple bulls and a few cows. This year hopefully we will see the bull again, but I'm guessing now that we have elk tags ( if we draw) we'll only see bucks. :nag:

Statistics for 4th season elk tags in our unit 75 looked pretty good for drawing a tag.

Draw results are out for Colorado! Out of 4 in my group i'm the only one to draw. I got 4th season rifle cow tag.

Did anyone else draw?

PP for Colorado: deer and Elk

PP for AZ elk

Unsuccessful for rifle deer in Utah but my 2 buddies drew there so Ill go with them and be camp bitch.

PP for AZ elk

Unsuccessful for rifle deer in Utah but my 2 buddies drew there so Ill go with them and be camp bitch.

Those PP hunts aren't cheap! Hope I can afford to do one of those some day.

Wait..

PP= Private Property?

or

PP= Preference Point?

Edited by BLDrinker

PP for AZ elk

Those PP hunts aren't cheap! Hope I can afford to do one of those some day.

Wait..

PP= Private Property?

or

PP= Preference Point?

Preference point

can't afford private property

Draw results are out for Colorado! Out of 4 in my group i'm the only one to draw. I got 4th season rifle cow tag.

Did anyone else draw?

4th season bull elk. Its going to be cold!!!!

Did anyone else draw?

4th season bull elk. Its going to be cold!!!!

I hope so! Need some snow this year.

Got skunked on Elk this year.

Still waiting for Deer results to post, they hit my credit card though so i know i got drawn for something. Just need to wait and see if it was 1st choice or 2nd choice

I have been doing some bass fishing in the mean time.

No elk again but my two brother in laws drew some sweet az Bull tags so I am with matt going to be camp (beer) bitch :). Drew my normal rifle deer tag and just booked another 7 days trophy deer hunt in Mexico in Jan can't wait for that !! Here is a few picks of the ranch and whitetail I killed down there

post-33685-1437668494_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1437668510_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1437668529_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1437668565_thumb.jpg

No elk again but my two brother in laws drew some sweet az Bull tags so I am with matt going to be camp (beer) bitch :). Drew my normal rifle deer tag and just booked another 7 days trophy deer hunt in Mexico in Jan can't wait for that !! Here is a few picks of the ranch and whitetail I killed down there

What deer tag did you draw?

Is that New Mexico trip a guided deal? How much?

What deer tag did you draw?

Is that New Mexico trip a guided deal? How much?

Unit 35B in as right behind my house :) The ranch is in Mexico about 5 hours south of the naco border it's a 7 day hunt everything included it ranges from 2500 to 6000 not cheap but appt of fun We are in the process of getting a guide service setup on the ranch so a lot may change by next year The ranch next to it is one of the biggest well known ranches they get close to 10k for tags but they are killing couses in the 130s

Im having a baby girl in late September. I got drawn for San Carlos antelope in early October. Coues 36C in late October. Moose and Whitetail in Alberta Canada in November. Mexico coues in January. Gonna have some fun this year. Wife is not very thrilled. LOL I cant blame her.

thought I would chime in... been gone a while... Archery season deer/bear VA. Cant wait... I only have 6 days.

I just did a A Zone blacktail hunt. Small bucks but fun and it stocks the freezer

post-3983-1439704348_thumb.jpg

Booked my flight today for West Texas! In November, 2 day hunt for quail and pheasant then 3 days looking for a whitetail and pigs.

Didn't get drawn for Utah, PP in Colorado, got to put something on the ground. Freezer is looking a little low.

From 2013

post-4654-1443268565_thumb.jpg

Bird hunt from last year

post-4654-1443268682_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt86m

We guys it's getting to be that time. I'm getting all my gear out and starting to pack and buy a few things to make sure I'm ready. Spent $300 on a jacket and pants the other day.

No sightings of elk yet but a crap load of bucks.

Can't wait!

So I have been trying to upgrade the quality of my hunting gear. I just thought my latest purchase may help some of you.

I have a pair if 9Rocky boots that are heavy and not all that comfortable, so I decided to step up my boot game with Irish Setter Vaportrek boots. These boots are amazingly light weight and are as comfortable as my slippers. If you are looking fir a new pair of boots you have to try these. Not real expensive either $144 on Amazon.

post-47686-1444909301_thumb.jpg

Here are some deer pics from our last vacation.

post-47686-1444909825_thumb.jpg

post-47686-1444909858_thumb.jpg

post-47686-1444909877_thumb.jpg

Leaving in the morning for Colorado to hopefully fill my Elk tag. My friends neighbor got a 5x5 yesterday morning so the Elk are there.

Got my first turkey! Quail hinting is good too, Bob Whites and Blues.

Hopefully ill get a chance at a whitetail tomorrow.

post-4654-1447424910_thumb.jpg

Pheasant and chukar from monday and tuesday.

post-4654-1447425162_thumb.jpg

post-4654-1447425564_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt86m

We had a great deer season put in a lot of work but killed some good whitetail bucks

post-33685-1447426619_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1447426657_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1447426709_thumb.jpg

Thats good stuff Hambone!!!