Sign in to follow this  
pissedoffbeetle

Need Help In Glamis

I know this this is supposed to be sand rail tech but just trying to some help for a friend. Friend needs help with toy hauler batteries wont charge with gen running . Anyone available, willing and able to help? Please give him a call. Eric 626-484-0639 if he doesn't answer do to reception call me Eddie 626-253-7232

Can't help myself but where is he camping?

Check the 30 amp fuse in front of the converter. Most likely a bad converter though.

First see if any of the AC is working when the gen is on, if yes go to the charger and check the AC plug there, if it does work check the fuses on the Charging unit, if they are good, make sure the power is hooked up to the batteries with a test light or volt meter, if yes, then most likely it is bad, also check the outgoing voltage when the generator is running and off,

if it is bad, you can plug a battery charger from Wallmart in the same area, to make it threw the trip, Yuma is not to far,

I am in wash 10 have meter can check for him

First see if any of the AC is working when the gen is on, if yes go to the charger and check the AC plug there, if it does work check the fuses on the Charging unit, if they are good, make sure the power is hooked up to the batteries with a test light or volt meter, if yes, then most likely it is bad, also check the outgoing voltage when the generator is running and off,

if it is bad, you can plug a battery charger from Wallmart in the same area, to make it threw the trip, Yuma is not to far,

Do the above.

But I bet he has a bad battery.

on my ww they didn't strip the battery wires far enuf back and ran the screw through the casing of the wire its a 2008 and it worked until last month I fixed the bad connection and was good to go. there is a fuse on the converter and should be fuses at the batterys also check all connections and you need a meter

Edited by diesel-e

make sure the gfci has not blown. charger is on that circuit. took me 4 hours to figure that out once.

What Model Trailer is it?

The Attitude trailers have an oddly placed fuse box on the back side of the battery disconnect switch... Its just this random silver square... cost $3.00 for a new fuse... :lol:

Brawley has a Walmart, and is about a thirty minute drive, it where I bought my charger.

On my old warrior I had issue of not charging. I had to plug an extension cord into non gfi outlet to generator to get it charge. i know it doesn't sound like it makes sense but it worked for me.

make sure the gfci has not blown. charger is on that circuit. took me 4 hours to figure that out once.

Is there an echo in here?

yes...yesss...yessssss. started at 4 am in july in glamis trying to run ac. finally figured it out about 9am. No big deal just went from 79 to 110 in those 5 hours.

X2

Is there an echo in here?

echo X2

any updates?? Did your buddy figure it out???

Thanks for the replies, He had a burnt circuit board.