Sign in to follow this  
duneripper

Glamis In April

Did anybody here go to glamis last April? Just curious to know what the weather was like. Planning on going in April if it's not too hot.

Mid 80's to low 90's is what is usual.

Seasons over after Presidents weekend, dunes are closed.

:sraptor:

April can be very beautiful. I store my rig at Dunes Edge and kick myself when I bring home too early. This year there were nice days in May. The season is too short. Riding in 90 degree weather isn't bad as long as you are moving. If you get a load of sand on you it is HOT! Usually the passenger gets sandier than me.... not sure why. Hmmmm?

Pic of our May trip. We were the only ones out thereIMG_1138.thumb.JPG.d3c2424abadfad0a67aa2a06049874af.JPG

We finished up in April. Was nice. Had a lot of rain this last season and the sand stayed pretty wet. April was a bit nicer as the wind was picking up and filling in all the ruts. Less people but getting warm for my taste.

We went into April as well, dunes were good, and it was warm, and I effed up big time, I didn't drink enough water and spent too much time in the sun and ended up with heatstroke, I've hurt myself many times and I have to say this was one of the most miserable things I've done, be careful out there.......