Best place to sell a street bike?

Posted (edited)

Hey all-

I am wanting to sell my 2014 Triumph Bonneville T-100.  Where are the best places to try to sell a street bike these days?  I will probably list it here, and Craigslist even though I know that will bring out the kooks and scammers.  I thought about str8up_toy_trader on IG, but it seems street bikes do the least amount of sales on there out of any category.  Is Cycle Trader still a good place to sell?  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

IMG_5277.JPG

Edited by Kat-A-Tonic
Added Pic

Great question, I know a few have had luck on Facebook marketplace and offerup

if we are trying to sell locally, we have better luck with offerup than craigslist. 

That's a cool bike. I still use CL, just flush the scammers. FB marketplace is good for people using it but there are a ton of people that do not.

A lot of phone aps pull off CL too. Any Triumph forums? 

I'm having good luck with FB Market place. Be sure to add a disclaimer to your Ad description like this. * I will not respond to messages asking if the bike is available * If the ad is up, the bike is available. 

Once you use Market Place you will understand. They have a few Pre set questions that customers can click on and send a message. Those are usually the spammers/scammers using them. Don't respond to them. 

I would use offer up next and then CL before Str8up only because I'm cheap and don't want to pay to advertise.