Ocotillo Boy

What Is Your Dream Buggy? Post Pics & Build Details!

41 minutes ago, B0NES said:

Yeah, wasn’t this just for sale a week or two ago?

I think Mac bought it a few days ago.

21 hours ago, CHIZZLE said:

My current car was my dream car for several years before I finally got one.  Although I wasn't wild about the colors, it had all the right parts and components.  The package was exactly what I wanted.  Rocked it for a few seasons then did a full tear down and re-color.  Now it's exactly what I want.  Clean, simple, duning machine.  The ONLY thing I would possibly consider would be a stripped down Gen 6(no hood no windshield, simple tin, minimal dash) with a built Outfront 6 cylinder(500ish whp) and a Fortin H-pattern.

IMG_8514.JPG.445c5bc9db9c299d70d0ceffe9ab13ae.JPGIMG_0410.thumb.JPG.16b838655630cf1598621a35e1844755.JPG

Hard to beat the visibility you get out of a gen 4.   I also raised my seat a few inches and can see very well.   Every other car I get into I feel a bit closed in almost clausterphobic.   Those guys don't know what they aren't seeing ;)  

9 hours ago, Air450 said:

Thanks! I added the 200+ extra HP last year. And converted the Albins 5 speed H pattern Syncromesh to an Albins Sequential.

i-pbthMqd-X3.jpg

Yeah, and I should have bought the trans when you did.. just bad timing..beautiful car!

1 minute ago, SCHMIDTY said:

Yeah, and I should have bought the trans when you did.. just bad timing..beautiful car!

I read the thread about  sequential  Vs H pattern. What transmission did you decide on Carl? 

9 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I read the thread about  sequential  Vs H pattern. What transmission did you decide on Carl? 

I built the car in 2010 and they were still having a few issues with the Albins Sequential (I think?) so I went with the Synchromesh since I was mainly going to use the car in the desert. When I did the blower I decided to buy a new Albins Sequential and sell the H pattern. Love the Sequential now. If I lived in Az. I would have kept the H pattern for the street driving.

10 hours ago, Air450 said:

I think Mac bought it a few days ago.

yes........why I said if/when it comes up for sale again. I expect a lower price as well due to depreciation! Thing is just about cherry so it can only go down from here!?

On 5/18/2015 at 5:14 AM, EMPIRE231 said:

Alumicraft built dual sport, 75% sand trim... 25% dirt to take some hits. Or this BFD... Both with a CBM built twin turbo 1k+ HP contraption, with an albins, + a spare in the trailer.

post-56727-1431951186_thumb.jpg

It's funny looking a my post from 3 years ago... and I now have a car very similar to this BFD.... But like some others stated in here, my dream car / goals change regularly.

as of now, my dream car would still be a alumicraft sand car 1k + HP w/ albins or tatum prerunner / trx with the same drive-train (would need to be brand new builds, not second hand)

current car

IMG_5447.thumb.JPG.80400ed29b7c14e8a2154bb0d4478339.JPG

$100,000.00 sand rails are great. But that's not in the cards. Just going to the Dunes and Driving anything that runs is fun. Heck an ole home built pan car with a single hoop would be a good time.

Dean 

Che's 2-Seat Alumi-Craft that he's selling!

Actually being sold by Saddam right now I believe!

This would work just fine in my book! 

46161794_1971390422915399_8679657923397287936_n.jpg

46190529_1971390492915392_8594699720775958528_n.jpg

I just finished building my 15 year old version of me's dream car with my Dad. The first time I saw an LS powered LT car in the dunes I said out loud that I would own one one day and I now do. Obviously 12 years later there's now dreams of mine that are much larger, and the technology has drastically improved, but at the moment I'm over the moon at what I currently have and couldn't be happier to push the go pedal in this thing this season. Some slow and steady upgrades to this bad boy will come and just continue to make it better and better.

IMG_6204.thumb.jpg.8cb98717c1da77432aade1cbd5bad9c8.jpg

I own my dream car. 

783838AA-ED64-448A-A703-34FF3CC2A90F.jpeg

677592A3-5AFA-4F49-B3DC-530F557085B1.jpeg

82AEF333-D7D7-402A-B9A0-5AEDDB27E554.jpeg

1 hour ago, acefuture said:

I just finished building my 15 year old version of me's dream car with my Dad. The first time I saw an LS powered LT car in the dunes I said out loud that I would own one one day and I now do. Obviously 12 years later there's now dreams of mine that are much larger, and the technology has drastically improved, but at the moment I'm over the moon at what I currently have and couldn't be happier to push the go pedal in this thing this season. Some slow and steady upgrades to this bad boy will come and just continue to make it better and better.

IMG_6204.thumb.jpg.8cb98717c1da77432aade1cbd5bad9c8.jpg

Hey that’s cool man. I love your stoke. 

On 5/23/2015 at 3:21 AM, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Guess I'm simple...

I'd love to have a 2 seat Alumi-craft mid like the red one Mike had. Just with a more modern blown Honda (already have the blower parts) and an H-pattern PBS. Minimal body work and the colors were even right. Contemplated selling all none essential organs when that posted...

If I had to have a #2 it would be a 2 seat Hustler with the same power train. Minimal body work, side panels, roof, and a windshield.

Still the same.

Brenthel, penhall, jimco, psd, or tatum  true prerunner.  No reinforced sand cars

8D029249-0547-4104-A8EE-CD58B831BE02.jpeg

8866CC5D-73A6-4721-A50A-673E0C29A831.jpeg

Edited by sausage450r

I also own my dream car...........Alumicraft with LS3 425, 4.0 Whipple and S4.....enough said:point:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

19 minutes ago, sandforme said:

I also own my dream car...........Alumicraft with LS3 425, 4.0 Whipple and S4.....enough said:point:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

that would do it for me.....

oh wait............you said dream buggy, not BEAM buggy

sand rail beam car.jpg

1 hour ago, sandforme said:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

This is a wet dream car. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, sandforme said:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

This would be it for me.

12 hours ago, sandforme said:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

Well I have found a new dream car. This thing is sick. 

Both of my dream cars are built and owned by my in laws. My dad has the black funco stingray with the red interior and my mom own the funco evo chassis. Both are amazing cars and hold separate things to me that make them perfect. 

Screenshot_20181219-005842_Instagram.jpg

20180810_193624.jpg

20180810_193724.jpg

21 hours ago, sandforme said:

frontleft.jpg

frontsdie.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

Wish it was still mine.  Loved it.

DFM_7307.JPG