suzukirmzrider

What Is The Best Sand Car For The Money!

Hey all,

I am looking at all of my options for a new sand car. I am wondering what everyone's opinions are on the brands they have gone with. I am really into the Tatum Black Widow sand rail, but want to hear the good and bad on all of the brands. Extreme Performance, Tatum, Sandworks, etc. etc. I want a V8 powered car for my next one. Currently I have a motorcycle powered car, which works great where I dune (Little Sahara in Waynoka, OK) for trails and wide open dunes. I want a car for dunes, desert and street.

Please let me know what car you have, what you like and don't like about it, and how it performs! Also, please let me know what brands are out there!

Thank You!

Here is a picture of my current car:

post-91863-1441870641_thumb.jpg

That's like asking what is better Coors Light or Miller Lite, Ford or Chevy. Or who is the hottest girl.

But it looks like you have a Yoshi Machine so far and if you ask him well You wanted the best you already got it.

Should of started this at the beginning of the summer not just before the season starts.

I hope you have deep pockets. that's a very loaded question but Funco/Alumicraft would be at the top of my list if I ever hit the big bucks

:1cheff:

To much politics and Band wagon guys in here to get a good opinion..

I would be surprised if you get anyone to say bad things about any Builder..

Personally I owned and S&S from Kyle and I loved my only complaint was I didn't have enough power.. LOL.. its only money thought right a quick power plant swap and tranny would change that..

Good luck!!!

I hope you get the answers your looking for.. :moof:

your better off looking for a car that you like then posting pics and details and ask about it. there are a lot of good cars out there. whats your price range, trans, if you like tatums go get one can't go wrong. some good ones on the board or rdc.

I'd say the best one for the money is the one you can buy outright, no payment!

:cheers:

I'd say the best one for the money is the one you can buy outright, no payment!

:cheers:

x2

And starts and drives every time!

-TJ

The heavier and more horsepower, the more expensive parts come with a good car.

The new YXZ Yamaha with the optional turbo is the best sandcar. 5 speed sequential and you can use reverse without fear of rebuilding a transmission. LMAO!!!!

Come on man, we all know its FUNCO! Let the flaming begin. :1cheff:

That's like asking what is better Coors Light or Miller Lite, Ford or Chevy. Or who is the hottest girl.

I can answer that very easily: in the order asked.....

Coors Light

Chevy

Lucy Liu

Nuff Said!!!

:poule:

Really depends on what you want to do???

If you have unlimited funds, get a hold of all the top manufactures,

Alumi-Craft

SCU

Tatum

Funco

Racer

Buckshot

See what they have, try and go for a ride...

Buy one of each!

:bigrin

Coors Light

Chevy

Lucy Liu

Nuff Said!!!

Oh BS

Bud light

Ford

Sophia Vergara

& of course for now Mosebilt :yay:

I can answer that very easily: in the order asked..... edit

Coors Light

Chevy

Caitlyn Jenner

Nuff Said!!!

Edited by mikeyaz

I can answer that very easily: in the order asked..... edit

Coors Light

Chevy

Lucy Liu

Nuff Said!!!

:nag:

IMO set a budget and go from there.can be a light weight a arm car with a honda v6 or a full out ls twin turbo with an albins.

There is no way I would run my Funco in the desert. Not because it can't but because it's too pretty.

Edited by cek

There is no way I would run my Funco in the desert. Not because it can't but because it's too pretty.

X2

If you want desert, sand and street. Go and rent a Ford Raptor. Get full coverage and thrash it. Bring it back, tell them you fell asleep on the fwy and went off the road. Walk away smiling!

Just about any car is capable of being used in the dunes, the desert, and on the street if your willing to cover all your bases and make the car able to handle those different applications. As others have said basically jot down what it is you have to spend and what are some of the specifications you want the car to have. At that point you’ll have some directions to work with as far as what cars to pursue.

On that same note ask yourself what do you want the car to do? What I mean by that is you say you want it to dune. Well any car can dune. Do you want it to be more of a purebred duners car or more of a straight line speed car? Again any car can do both. That said though certain builders are more commonly known to be better at doing just speed or just duning then others. That will help narrow it down even more.

Any car can do about anything within reason. But any car can fail at those same applications too. So it’s not so much a ’whose the best builder’ situation. It’s more of simply what do you really want out of the car? Any of the big name builders builds a solid car. But you have to have a direction to head in to start with. Figure out exactly what you want out of a car, the specifications you want it ot have, your budget, and so forth, and generally those factors alone will help you make your decision all by itself. Once you’ve picked a builder then maybe hit up the boards here again to get the details good, bad, or otherwise about it. Just take your time and think it threw so you know exactly what you want.

Coors Light

Chevy

Lucy Liu

Nuff Said!!!

Some real good advice above.

I have an SU mid and would recommend them, but they're out of business ....... and so is Sand Candy. :nag:

There's a guy just up the road from you in Kansas selling a nice Black Buckshot here on the board.

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=325124

I like any cold beer....and I've owned 2 Sandrailfab cars and they are built for anything you throw at them either in Glamis or Baja! Customer service is great!at the end of the day is what ever makes you happy and what you like........ I love to go to my builder and talk to them on my needs and they make it happen........ Everyone's needs are different in the desert. But we all share the great sport so it's all good on whoever you choose...........