blackpearlhd

Horsepower Wars 2015

Ok just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with running a jeep. Also how long is the track ?

Ok just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with running a jeep. Also how long is the track ?

Give or take 100 yards last year. This year will be at the drags most likely, so, TBD. If you are using a Larry minor the only down side is the HPW are from a roll. No trans break starts. post a pic and specs. love to see it!

Give or take 100 yards last year. This year will be at the drags most likely, so, TBD. If you are using a Larry minor the only down side is the HPW are from a roll. No trans break starts. post a pic and specs. love to see it!

Isn't that Duanes old jeep??

Ok from the Roll is not a problem . Runs pretty good for a Small block :sraptor:

post-92253-1443839134_thumb.png

Nope!!

Nope!!

Nope this one was just built last season in the garage.

There are a couple of nasty jeeps out there now!!! :sraptor:

Question is if we have the gear for a rolling start ....

Any reason for running at the drags?

Last place i enjoy running my car as fast as it goes is at the drags.

From a dig, there is no doubt that your jeep would be top 3, if not the winner. That thing is nasty off the trans break!

From a dig, there is no doubt that your jeep would be top 3, if not the winner. That thing is nasty off the trans break!

It would be a contender. That purple jeep (Strung Out), an orange jeep (Raped Ape), and an orange LM Jeep are in our group and they are pretty nasty too!!!

Not to mention Larry's big block monster ....

It would be a contender. That purple jeep (Strung Out), an orange jeep (Raped Ape), and an orange LM Jeep are in our group and they are pretty nasty too!!!

Not to mention Larry's big block monster ....

Whats your real name I don't camp with you guys but both matt and Justin live by me.

Will be on the Dyno on the 19th to see if we are going in the right direction with a new set up. Hope to make North of 850 rwhp.

Count me in

This car is gonna be a missile. If it's controllable its gotta end up being one of the top contenders.

How bout that black 2 seat alumicraft that had some videos surface on ig??

I think that car is the biggest threat to dethrone the Racer boys. It's gonna be a tough for the Tatums to run with the smaller 2 seat cars.

Anybody have the video they can post?

:nag:

Whats your real name I don't camp with you guys but both matt and Justin live by me.

My name is Brandt. Yours? Come say hi if you see us out there!

My name is Brandt. Yours? Come say hi if you see us out there!

Jason ill be out there with Matt for this. And looking at the video for last year no way the truck was only 300 foot last year so is that new for this year.

My thoughts exactly. That sounds like a dangerous cluster f*ck waiting to happen unless HPW are way early in the day before the drags get busy and chewed up.

I think that car is the biggest threat to dethrone the Racer boys. It's gonna be a tough for the Tatums to run with the smaller 2 seat cars.

:lmao:

:lmao:

Don't have to even click on that to know that it is at the end of the run :sraptor:

My thoughts exactly. That sounds like a dangerous cluster f*ck waiting to happen unless HPW are way early in the day before the drags get busy and chewed up.

x3 It should be a closed coarse, or as close to a closed coarse as possible

I'll be available to drive for anyone who has a car & doesn't want to...

I'll be available to drive for anyone who has a car & doesn't want to...

I think it should be your car your drive not here is my checkbook and you drive t now.

x3 It should be a closed coarse, or as close to a closed coarse as possible

Agreed. From the video the last one was organized very well and the track looked fair for the cars that had less travel/ tuned suspension. It is HORSEPOWER wars after all ....

I've never liked how close people get at the drags. Too packed and people not paying attention. Dune all day, one pass, hop on the other side of the road and blast to camp!

Not sure if they measured but track looked closer to 1/8th mile considering the rolling start and top speeds. Glad they made everyone wear a helmet!

Edited by Root Beer Float

It will not be at the same time as the drags. Will be a organized event and precautions taken. The BLM rangers were there last year and had no issues due to the fact of how well it was run. SA did a great job at keeping it safe and organized and we hope to kick his ass out of that position this year as he has a dog in the fight now. None the less, it will be better than last year, so stay tuned.

It will not be at the same time as the drags. Will be a organized event and precautions taken. The BLM rangers were there last year and had no issues due to the fact of how well it was run. SA did a great job at keeping it safe and organized and we hope to kick his ass out of that position this year as he has a dog in the fight now. None the less, it will be better than last year, so stay tuned.

Two words I would not use for any activity in the dunes unless you have very deep pockets and lots of time on your hands.

Two words I would not use for any activity in the dunes unless you have very deep pockets and lots of time on your hands.

If I cut the holes out of my pockets, they would be so deep!

:laugh:

:bag: