blackpearlhd

Horsepower Wars 2015

A lot of money and time being put into cars and motors this summer by a lot of people. Going to be a fun one to watch this year. Can't wait to get out there and hit the sand again.

:moof:

I'm too slow, but I'm excited to watch and down to help film or whatever again.

-TJ

yes your help is needed and appreciated.

Here's the alumicraft that's being talked about!

super fast for sure.

Will be on the Dyno on the 19th to see if we are going in the right direction with a new set up. Hope to make North of 850 rwhp.

Count me in

cant wait if i remember correctly you beat one of the racers last year ?

I would like to participate just to see how my car does against the big boys. :sampler:

Its only $$$$

IS there a weekend set for this and what are the requirements I have a few guys that want to run and there not on GD to find out the info . Please Advise

Weekend will be set soon. Requirements- Run what you brung, bring your cash, don't jump the start!

Yep

There are a couple of nasty jeeps out there now!!! :sraptor:

Question is if we have the gear for a rolling start ....

You guys have quick changes it could be re geared in 15 minutes.

Any reason for running at the drags?

Last place i enjoy running my car as fast as it goes is at the drags.

Youll be ok.

My thoughts exactly. That sounds like a dangerous cluster f*ck waiting to happen unless HPW are way early in the day before the drags get busy and chewed up.

x3 It should be a closed coarse, or as close to a closed coarse as possible

Agreed. From the video the last one was organized very well and the track looked fair for the cars that had less travel/ tuned suspension. It is HORSEPOWER wars after all ....

I've never liked how close people get at the drags. Too packed and people not paying attention. Dune all day, one pass, hop on the other side of the road and blast to camp!

Not sure if they measured but track looked closer to 1/8th mile considering the rolling start and top speeds. Glad they made everyone wear a helmet!

yes saftey first alot of these cars are in the mid to high 130 mph.

It will not be at the same time as the drags. Will be a organized event and precautions taken. The BLM rangers were there last year and had no issues due to the fact of how well it was run. SA did a great job at keeping it safe and organized and we hope to kick his ass out of that position this year as he has a dog in the fight now. None the less, it will be better than last year, so stay tuned.

hopefully....

My thoughts exactly. That sounds like a dangerous cluster f*ck waiting to happen unless HPW are way early in the day before the drags get busy and chewed up.

x3 It should be a closed coarse, or as close to a closed coarse as possible

Agreed. From the video the last one was organized very well and the track looked fair for the cars that had less travel/ tuned suspension. It is HORSEPOWER wars after all ....

I've never liked how close people get at the drags. Too packed and people not paying attention. Dune all day, one pass, hop on the other side of the road and blast to camp!

Not sure if they measured but track looked closer to 1/8th mile considering the rolling start and top speeds. Glad they made everyone wear a helmet!

yes saftey first alot of these cars are in the mid to high 130 mph.

It will not be at the same time as the drags. Will be a organized event and precautions taken. The BLM rangers were there last year and had no issues due to the fact of how well it was run. SA did a great job at keeping it safe and organized and we hope to kick his ass out of that position this year as he has a dog in the fight now. None the less, it will be better than last year, so stay tuned.

hopefully....

Aaron - I think everyone appreciates how well you handled everything last year - I was personally impressed and of available to help this year if needed (since I have a slow car and its the best I can do)

What month we doing this?

Maybe I'll knock the dust off this girl and finish her, twin turbo big block mid engine and enter 2 cars...........

Buckshot X3?

What month we doing this?

Maybe I'll knock the dust off this girl and finish her, twin turbo big block mid engine and enter 2 cars...........

Buckshot X3?

Yup

Might be interesting - no wheelie issues, more power to the ground :sraptor:

Hopefully its a day when i am there and i can bring camera to shoot the cars racing.Aaron let me know as it gets closer.

Right on Aaron, just text me details and what you need.

-TJ

Whats supreme air running this year?

Whats supreme air running this year?

Just running my mouth. ....or maybe drive someones car .

Dust em off for Halloween, so you can Race em for Thanksgiving or New Years

Aaron, let me know what I can do to help this year. I can have full radio support for this years HPW. I have access to 20 handhelds and numerous headsets so we can communicate to keep it safe and running smooth. Can't wait!

Is this the mid engine they were testing? What motor is he running?

Is this the mid engine they were testing? What motor is he running?

I believe its a TT redline V-8 mated up to a no lift shift Fortin sequential.....

when will this take place . just want to watch my car has no chance .

Our group had a poor mans wars 6 sand cars seeing who can make it up olds the slowest was a blast.

I'll be available to drive for anyone who has a car & doesn't want to...

I think it should be your car your drive not here is my checkbook and you drive t now.

I think what he's trying to say is that if you have a car in this then you should drive it, no hired help. We don't have other men taking our wives out do we?? Man up. I think it's embarrassing personally

Perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

That or maybe consider having two styles of racing. One of actual head to head competition where you have to drive your own car - no exceptions. Then perhaps a Bonneville style class where each car goes one at a time simply seeing whose car can achieve the greatest overall top speed within the given distance of the track limits with any driver allowed in any car.

Perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

That or maybe consider having two styles of racing. One of actual head to head competition where you have to drive your own car - no exceptions. Then perhaps a Bonneville style class where each car goes one at a time simply seeing whose car can achieve the greatest overall top speed within the given distance of the track limits with any driver allowed in any car.

X2 ^^^^

X2 ^^^^

IDK, it's called Horsepower Wars not "I'm the fastest driver wars." Very few team owners drive their own rides in the top levels of the NHRA.

That said, forget all that shit, John is the GT-R motor beast coming to play?

-TJ

Perhaps I'm taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

Perhaps I'm taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

X2 ^^^^

IDK, it's called Horsepower Wars not "I'm the fastest driver wars." Very few team owners drive their own rides in the top levels of the NHRA.

-TJ

I am with TJ, if you have no dog in the fight, well you get the drift. If a guy wants to spend 50-75K on a motor for his car so someone else can race it so be it. I let Rich race his brother down the drags half a dozen times last year, who cares? It was like for like drivers and cars with equal power, and it was really close, 50/50 wins. Now with me driving he would have won every single time! If i was spending "advertising" money on a race team or to win a race, why wouldn't i want the best? I raced my own car last year, i won't race this year, but i would let a few others...

X2 ^^^^

-TJ

I am with TJ, if you have no dog in the fight, well you get the drift. If a guy wants to spend 50-75K on a motor for his car so someone else can race it so be it. I let Rich race his brother down the drags half a dozen times last year, who cares? It was like for like drivers and cars with equal power, and it was really close, 50/50 wins. Now with me driving he would have won every single time! If i was spending "advertising" money on a race team or to win a race, why wouldn't i want the best? I raced my own car last year, i won't race this year, but i would let a few others...

Thanks bro, I'll remember to bring my helmet.

X2 ^^^^

-TJ

You guys should just bring dyno sheets and save the fuel, there is your horsepower war :1cheff:

X2 ^^^^

-TJ

You guys should just bring dyno sheets and save the fuel, there is your horsepower war :1cheff:

What about receipts for the engine build?

X2 ^^^^

I thought it was run what YOU brung.

Edited by DUNERDR82

As I said perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously. This is a personal event so the argument of team owners not driving there own cars is null in this application. However I simply feel no value in a win earned if someone else earned it for you. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d rather earn my wins myself then let someone else do my work for me is all. But again to each there own. It was simply a suggestion. Carry on as you see fit. As long everyone is safe and has fun.

As I said perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously. This is a personal event so the argument of team owners not driving there own cars is null in this application. However I simply feel no value in a win earned if someone else earned it for you. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d rather earn my wins myself then let someone else do my work for me is all. But again to each there own. It was simply a suggestion. Carry on as you see fit. As long everyone is safe and has fun.

You're not wrong, you just believe in representing yourself in a good old fashion race in the dirt