blackpearlhd

Horsepower Wars 2015

Perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

That or maybe consider having two styles of racing. One of actual head to head competition where you have to drive your own car - no exceptions. Then perhaps a Bonneville style class where each car goes one at a time simply seeing whose car can achieve the greatest overall top speed within the given distance of the track limits with any driver allowed in any car.

Perhaps I’m taking it a bit to seriously but I feel there should be a rule imposed that you have to drive your own car if your actually going to be involved in head to head competition. If it takes someone else to make your car go fast then you missed the point of even being part of HPW to start with and need to pack it up and go watch from the sideline.

That or maybe consider having two styles of racing. One of actual head to head competition where you have to drive your own car - no exceptions. Then perhaps a Bonneville style class where each car goes one at a time simply seeing whose car can achieve the greatest overall top speed within the given distance of the track limits with any driver allowed in any car.

X2 ^^^^

IDK, it's called Horsepower Wars not "I'm the fastest driver wars." Very few team owners drive their own rides in the top levels of the NHRA.

That said, forget all that shit, John is the GT-R motor beast coming to play?

-TJ

You guys should just bring dyno sheets and save the fuel, there is your horsepower war :1cheff:

What about receipts for the engine build?

Yes please bring all documentation

lol have to agree with john, Elwood, and 100proof, kinda lame to have someone else drive your car in something like this, we don't build these cars to compete in a nationwide series so take the "team owners" out of the equation. This is a wiener measuring contest/safe entertainment for others kinda thing. How big will people think your wiener is if you don't have the balls to drive your own car??

lol have to agree with john, Elwood, and 100proof, kinda lame to have someone else drive your car in something like this, we don't build these cars to compete in a nationwide series so take the "team owners" out of the equation. This is a wiener measuring contest/safe entertainment for others kinda thing. How big will people think your wiener is if you don't have the balls to drive your own car??

Lol

2nd place last year was dale in a customers car... Just saying. Everyone praised him.

:dunno: don't really care either way. It was fun, win lose or draw, it was fun to be a part of.

X2, only riding in someone else's car should be In the passenger seat mooning the looser in a wheelie, Jeffs seen it before

Dale is an exception as he built the car, but I agree with 100, this is for owner/drivers. Love to have Grant come out in a bad as5 rail and throw down with us. But I wouldn't want to see a real racer jump in his buddies car and hold it to the floor just south of dying. It's just a bunch of bros spending more money than sense and getting together for a little friendly competition. It's fun to just run with the big dogs for a c note.

I'll be available to drive for anyone who has a car & doesn't want to...

I think it should be your car your drive not here is my checkbook and you drive t now.

I think what he's trying to say is that if you have a car in this then you should drive it, no hired help. We don't have other men taking our wives out do we?? Man up. I think it's embarrassing personally

Bunch of cock blockers getting jealous that I was first to offer my professional service. Don't be a hater when the wizard blows by you in my sugar daddies car.

Has the store sold yet?

I remember in grade school I raced my buddy Grant on foot, but I gave John my shoes and he ran for me...kicked his butt!

:lmao:

:bag:

If we want to compare drivers we need an EPO style event, not drags...

-TJ

Hey BP, ask Dually if he's ready to throw down. Waiting to see if Kevin's going to be ready to race before we set the date. This year it's going to be at the drags. GD will always get the first heads up.

At the actual Drags??? :shocker::igar::snapper:

A big MPH pass down the drags in one of those high HP jeeps sounds sketchy.

Having the ponies is only half the battle :geo::explode:

My car isn't fast enough to compete so my point of view is strictly from a spectator point of view, so keep that I mind. I just wanna see some fast passes and badass displays of all out horsepower and speed. Keep in mind, these cars have progressed to a point where they are reaching speeds that are high enough they could be considered dangerous even if they were street cars on a closed course street track. Throw into account that these are 3000lbs OFFROAD cars going down sandy, unprepared off-road tracks, and now there is talk they are going to run the horsepower wars at the always dangerous and unpredictable drags... I say if the owner of these cars don't feel comfortable that they have the skills to operate their cars at their car's full potential, then by all means, let the pros handle it. These cars have gotten to a point where they are beyond the capabilities of your average duner. Now, if the races were held off on their own, away from the public, then maybe you could make the argument that everyone should be responsible to drive their own cars.

My car isn't fast enough to compete so my point of view is strictly from a spectator point of view, so keep that I mind. I just wanna see some fast passes and badass displays of all out horsepower and speed. Keep in mind, these cars have progressed to a point where they are reaching speeds that are high enough they could be considered dangerous even if they were street cars on a closed course street track. Throw into account that these are 3000lbs OFFROAD cars going down sandy, unprepared off-road tracks, and now there is talk they are going to run the horsepower wars at the always dangerous and unpredictable drags... I say if the owner of these cars don't feel comfortable that they have the skills to operate their cars at their car's full potential, then by all means, let the pros handle it. These cars have gotten to a point where they are beyond the capabilities of your average duner. Now, if the races were held off on their own, away from the public, then maybe you could make the argument that everyone should be responsible to drive their own cars.

Good point, Safety First. BTW my car isn't fast enough either.

It takes skill to drive these cars to potential. So hired guns is admitting you can't drive

For shit.

It takes skill to drive these cars to potential. So hired guns is admitting you can't drive

For shit.

How many 1000+ HP rails have you driven? There's a difference between not being able to "drive for shit" and not being able to extract that last 1-2% from a rail putting 4-figures to the tire. It's easy to talk about it having never done it. That last 1-2% is probably what will decide HP wars, just like last year...

-TJ

For shit.

I can drive pretty well... That being said. Would I feel comfortable driving a 1200HP car at the ragged edge in a small, dusty, crowded area? Nope. I'd have no problem handing it over to a pro who does that for a living instead of me who does it shits and giggles. The car still gets to display it's abilities and the crowd gets a good show. Don't see what the problem is.

For shit.

How many 1000+ HP rails have you driven? There's a difference between not being able to "drive for shit" and not being able to extract that last 1-2% from a rail putting 4-figures to the tire. It's easy to talk about it having never done it. That last 1-2% is probably what will decide HP wars, just like last year...

-TJ

TJ so you are saying that someone like me that has never driven a big HP car could drive within 1-2% of the pros? So is it easy or hard I'm confused. Or is you 1-2% made up and way off of reality?

To be honest with you I could give two shits about who does what. I like to watch, just because I have never driven one doesn't mean I don't appreaciate the skill it takes.

But look at it this way if you have the best looking woman and she is amazing in the sack but you have a tiny Dick, do

You ask your buddy to use his superior flesh stick to get that last 2% out of her?

Kinda hampers your bragging rights.

Edited by BLDrinker

For shit.

-TJ

TJ so you are saying that someone like me that has never driven a big HP car could drive within 1-2% of the pros? So is it easy or hard I'm confused. Or is you 1-2% made up and way off of reality?

To be honest with you I could give two shits about who does what. I like to watch, just because I have never driven one doesn't mean I don't appreaciate the skill it takes.

But look at it this way if you have the best looking woman and she is amazing in the sack but you have a tiny Dick, do

You ask your buddy to use his superior flesh stick to get that last 2% out of her?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! :rotf:

For shit.

-TJ

Aha hahahaha!! Well said sir

Can certainly tell its been a long summer, and this year will have some fast cars to drool over. GT Performance is going to be making a name for the sand car division this year, with Jeff Pont's Tatum. Not too many details out, but i would expect nothing but the best from him. SA i am sure has more than one trick up his sleeve, heard of a few Danzio motors goin in current cars. Kings got a ford motor rumored to have some serious boost too. Can't come soon enough for me, been a long time it seems.

Who else has a project going on they have had under wraps?

When is this going to happen?

Let me know if you guys need any help. Ill give ya a hand :thumbup:

Kinda simple

run what you brung.

No excuses

Cars on the rag or you foot slipped a loss is a loss a win is a win

If you got more money then brains then sit on the sidelines or watch the dune freq video

My x5r was literally completed the day of hp wars last year and with zero seat time I chose to sit it out

I will admit dale is the exception because he creates some of the baddest fastest cars and could afford to own any of them

Just because one can or can't afford the car, can or can't drive it doesn't make one person better then the next so let's stay on topic.

I'm the best there is plain and simple. I mean I wake up in the morning and piss excellence and nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big Harry winning American machine. If you're not first you're last!