Permagrin

New Sheriff In Town

Does anyone think this is waste, fraud and abuse of their ISDRA fees?

Nope. I'm sure that thing is a lot cheaper than the Dodge Powerwagons BLM bought up a few years ago.

-TJ

Now add up the quads, motorcycles, trucks, buggies and now these custom built 2 seaters, I think they've wasted more than enough money over enforcing the dunes.

Add in the labor costs for regular time and overtime for local LE, plus Rangers RT and OT, plus out of state Rangers and out of county LE RT and OT, and they're spending a hell of a lot of money to try to catch a bunch of family people supposedly committing crimes while playing in the sand for the weekend.

Take all of the money spent on law enforcement in the dunes for the last 20 years, and I bet it far surpasses how much the FBI spent trying to catch Whitey Bulger, for example.

They've created a bureaucracy that's far surpassed it's original intent and need and now it grows just to feed itself every year. It's a Christmas Bonus program for the ICSO and BLM. We shouldn't even have to buy season passes to begin with, much less at $150 each.

Damn, If you worked there you would want the best also. When they're hauling your ass or one of your kids back to camp or to life flight they better not break down.

Mike

Nope. I'm sure that thing is a lot cheaper than the Dodge Powerwagons BLM bought up a few years ago.

-TJ

Negative Ghostrider

I thought Extreme was targeting mid-30s with those things? I don't recall what the MSRP on the Power Wagon was a few years ago, but they start at $50,715 now...

-TJ

"Was" is the key word. I can assure you that Lil bugger will be in the 70's.

I heard Allan is buying the store? Must b all that government cheese he's gettin. All of the builders have had opportunity to build for the Gov. I would never stop for a BLM in anything...

Several years back, maybe 10 years ago? I met a guy who had a shop off old Hwy 8, Flynn Springs area. He said that he had contracts with the Border Patrol (Ford Bronco days) and made one off parts for the BLM. He said at the time he was hoping to get the contract to maintain the bikes & buggy's the BLM & Sheriffs used in the desert & dunes. He said the previous contract was $250K a year for just maintenance. I'm not sure if that was just labor or if that also covered parts? I don't know how you could have a firm price if it included parts? But if it was $250K 10 years ago, I can't imagine what their budget it in 2015-16!

BTW never saw the guy again, so I don't know if he got the contract or not.

I heard Allan is buying the store? Must b all that government cheese he's gettin. All of the builders have had opportunity to build for the Gov. I would never stop for a BLM in anything...

Ask Dale Dondel how that works.

Ask Dale Dondel how that works.

Ohh!!

post-1205-1445351820_thumb.jpg

Im still trying to figure out how they sold the BS about site improvements for the Fees they charge. I haven't seen shit over on gecko since this bullshit fee started and like all fees they don't ever go away they just grow and get more expensive every year.

-TJ

Now add up the quads, motorcycles, trucks, buggies and now these custom built 2 seaters, I think they've wasted more than enough money over enforcing the dunes.

Add in the labor costs for regular time and overtime for local LE, plus Rangers RT and OT, plus out of state Rangers and out of county LE RT and OT, and they're spending a hell of a lot of money to try to catch a bunch of family people supposedly committing crimes while playing in the sand for the weekend.

Take all of the money spent on law enforcement in the dunes for the last 20 years, and I bet it far surpasses how much the FBI spent trying to catch Whitey Bulger, for example.

They've created a bureaucracy that's far surpassed it's original intent and need and now it grows just to feed itself every year. It's a Christmas Bonus program for the ICSO and BLM. We shouldn't even have to buy season passes to begin with, much less at $150 each.

Damn, If you worked there you would want the best also. When they're hauling your ass or one of your kids back to camp or to life flight they better not break down.

Mike

The only vehicle they use for transporting injured people is the Funco with the cutout in the back seats for putting in the stretcher.

The whole point is most of them are out there over enforcing, wasting money.

Every one of you that thinks it is a good Idea to rape us and our freedoms to ride glamis And are trying to close us down

You can stick that Car up Your asses

you guy are from the Turd bin ... Every eff*en one of you!!!!!!!!

you see the delta smelt?....THE SAME PEOPLE use HALF of all the rain in California fall dumped into the delta to save a Doomed fish.

at the expense of all of us california crops are in a dust bowl ....and nobody says a eff*in' word ....Google it.... What do you thing those wantabe police in glamis are going to do to keep their power ... that's right Rape you eff*in' idiots with tickets & regulations

post-7060-1445382233.jpg

post-7060-1445382315_thumb.jpg

Edited by BIG MIKEY

I do / Why not a quad OR a stock RZR ?????

Is an Extreme rig like that necessary??

:poule:

I guess that's a fair point. A stock 900S would do the job.

-TJ

What would you know about anything stock ?? :sraptor:

What would you know about anything stock ?? :sraptor:

Hey, hey now. I duned my 1000 for ~10 days 100% stock in Glamis right down to the automotive style seat belts and original tires. The 900S has a lot less HP and less travel, so it'd be going about things more slowly and wouldn't be able to go up China directly, but could dune around to the top easily. I'm confident a 900S would "do the job". When Cory, Jeff and I stopped to help a stuck BLM a while back I think he was just in an old 800S. He had it high-centered on the crest of a dune, but that was a driving error not lack of vehicle.

-TJ

Every one of you that thinks it is a good Idea to rape us and our freedoms to ride glamis And are trying to close us down

you see the delta smelt?....THE SAME PEOPLE use HALF of all the rain in California fall dumped into the delta to save a Doomed fish.

at the expense of all of us california crops are in a dust bowl ....and nobody says a eff*in' word ....Google it.... What do you thing those wantabe police in glamis are going to do to keep their power ... that's right Rape you eff*in' idiots with tickets & regulations

AMEN.

It's all :bs:

I don't even know who you're talking to. Just because I'm not ready to renounce my citizenship over a BLM SxS doesn't mean I want to be "raped of my freedoms" or agree with all the Delta BS (or just about anything the CA Gov does). Jumping up and down and screaming about it on this board isn't going to change anything though. Some of us do "say a word" when it comes to the ridiculous shit that comes from the State water Resources Control Board... we just choose to "speak" via voting, not yelling "effe you and effe that" on some little bitty message board that won't change anything. I'm completely against the SWRCB, there was a great interview with some farmers that went around YT/FB regarding droughts and the SWRCB. CA always has had a drought cycle. Farmers knew it and planned for it and could recover quickly before a Gov bureaucracy was stood up to control it all. Now stupid shit like what you're referencing happens and farmers are losing everything. It's horrible, and we should all educate ourselves and stand up for what is right. But this is hardly the forum to get it done.

So I don't know who you're screaming at, or who you think wants their Freedoms raped... but it's not me, effe you very much.

-TJ

The analogy presented by BIG MIKEY is spot on and relevant. The govt (federal, state and local) thinks they know what's best and will stop at nothing to get it. Farmers or duners are irrelevant... As long as they are paying taxes/fees. The expense associated with that vehicle is a perfect example of how govt people think when it comes too spending other people's money to implement their ill conceived vision for law enforcement and off road recreation. Dune law enforcement spending is a dark hole with a ton of our money used to support it.

Thanks Duck 660 I'm continually amazed how Liberal like tj306 cannot connect the dots & how there ignorance promote and encourage the others to think it's bitch to have some wannabe cop from down town Glamis chase you down give you a ticket in a Car that other wise is a ostentatious vehicle that was built for Private Consumption.our country is in full Frontal assault by our government which is eating your freedom exponentially.

the most gutless thing you can be in life is liberal ... It's horrible, and we should all educate ourselves and stand up for what is right. But this is hardly the forum to get it done.(YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!)

Thanks Duck 660 I'm continually amazed how Liberal like tj306 cannot connect the dots & how there ignorance promote and encourage the others to think it's bitch to have some wannabe cop from down town Glamis chase you down give you a ticket in a Car that other wise is a ostentatious vehicle that was built for Private Consumption.our country is in full Frontal assault by our government which is eating your freedom exponentially.

the most gutless thing you can be in life is liberal ... It's horrible, and we should all educate ourselves and stand up for what is right. But this is hardly the forum to get it done.(YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!)

Mikey get on with your bad self

I think we found out what fires up MIKEY.

Hey Mikey, I know you're right, and I get just as wound up about it, I just try to cool my jets a little because there's no sense yelling at those who agree with us.

TJZ06 is no liberal, he's a very smart guy who does agree with you, he just feels that the best way to fix the problem is by voting them out. I think the answer is: you're both right.

We need to educate (nicely :lol: ) those who don't realize just how much the BLM and ICSO waste on "law enforcement" every year, and also vote for those who will bring about smaller gov't, lower taxes or whatever it is we want.

Someday you'll both meet in Glamis, and I guarantee you'll like each other because all both of you want to do is dune!

Hey Mikey, I know you're right, and I get just as wound up about it, I just try to cool my jets a little because there's no sense yelling at those who agree with us.

TJZ06 is no liberal, he's a very smart guy who does agree with you, he just feels that the best way to fix the problem is by voting them out. I think the answer is: you're both right.

We need to educate (nicely :lol: ) those who don't realize just how much the BLM and ICSO waste on "law enforcement" every year, and also vote for those who will bring about smaller gov't, lower taxes or whatever it is we want.

Someday you'll both meet in Glamis, and I guarantee you'll like each other because all both of you want to do is dune!

I know I go over Board some times, I will admit ... I do love my country to a fault. so much that when I see stupidity about the out of control Regulations government intrusion that thinks it's cool to have 80 thousand dollar buggy's to Write Tickets ....I get Pissed off

post-24169-1445741377.jpg

Liberal, hahahahahaha. Good one crackhead.

I was just saying incoherent ranting and yelling at people you don't even know on a tiny little forum isn't fixing anything.

Vote. Write your representitives. Educate those that will listen by providing well articulated arguments backed with facts and data.

THOSE are ways to change things.

What MIKEY is doing is just a circle-jerk preaching to the choir. Yelling and ranting will only get your cheerleaders all ramped up while further polarizing the oposition that we actually need to reach...

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

those that know...

post-98834-1445745317_thumb.jpg

those that know...

Such a liberal shirt.

-TJ