chiefshocker

Kids, Car Seats And Side By Sides

Looking for some first hand knowledge and experience.. i'm new to side by sides and have never had my kids to the dunes. I've had two sand rails and multiple quads and 15 years of dunng experience. So the new rules never really applied to me. I have a 2 and 4 year old that I trail ride in my rzr 4. I understand i need helmets, but can i run the car seats instead of the factory seats? Do their feet have to touch the floor? (they don't). Grab bars within reach? Do the helmets need to be DOT? (very heavy)

I searched and searched and all the threads i found were old and didn't give me a clear idea of what the current rules are.

Thanks

Yes we have been stopped by both blm and sheriffs out at glamis and my buddy who leads our rides has his 4.5 year old in a car seat with a helmet and they have never said one word about it. he is still safe

Regular CA car seat laws apply for kids, age, weight, etc.

DOT helmet required.

Cool thanks guys, last question about it: Their car seats don't fit with the actual RZR seats in place, i took the factory seats out and buckled the car seats to the floor. Would this be considered a modification and thus be illegal. Looks more legit than it sounds