Legit Duner

Media Was Hyping Up The Release Of This Video

Would it be different if he had fired twice and killed him?

Yes.

Did one cop fire 16 times or did several cops fire a couple of times totaling 16 shots?

16 shots over 15 seconds. Inexcusable is the only appropriate word . First degree murder? Yup.

You must watch CSI.

16 shots over 15 seconds. Inexcusable is the only appropriate word . First degree murder? Yup.

You must watch CSI.

Kind of like the Guy who binge watches an entire season of American Chopper then walks into Funco and tells them how long a build should take huh?

You must watch CSI.

Kind of like the Guy who binge watches an entire season of American Chopper then walks into Funco and tells them how long a build should take huh?

Exactly.

It's also an example of the mentality of the average American. They blame the cop and put none of what happened on the guy high on drugs running in the street with a knife in his hand. At some point in our society the criminal became the victim and the good guy the villain.

You must watch CSI.

Exactly.

It's also an example of the mentality of the average American. They blame the cop and put none of what happened on the guy high on drugs running in the street with a knife in his hand. At some point in our society the criminal became the victim and the good guy the villain.

What would be the reason to shoot someone after they already hit the deck and were pretty much immoblized? That's the only thing that bothers me. The guy barley moves on the ground, and you see at least two more shots.

Where this officer went wrong was...

1). Did not take a reasonable amount of time needed to asses the situation properly. 6 seconds out of his car he is unloading as fellow officers stand calmly by showing no signs of imminent threat. Strike one.

2). 16 shots into a victim in any civilian homicide case would lend credibility to the idea that the shooting was emotionally motivated. Acting out in anger as he is listening to all of this go down on the radio then he shows up and immediately starts shooting. Strike two.

3). The victim was a far enough distance away to disprove the officer's claim that he felt his life was being threatened. Strike three.

I don't know if the officers had tasers in this case but that woulda been the right approach here.

I certainly share no empathy for the victim. If you are going to do drugs, and then walk around in public causing trouble, and then wield a knife as officers ask you to drop it things are just gonna go sideways for you quick. 20 years ago this was called common sense. Today it is your right.

Edited by idrum4theking

If you fire your weapon once or sixteen times it still takes the same effort to clean it. Might as well get your moneys worth.

One less piece of trash to roam the streets whacked out on PCP and wielding a knife.

What would be the reason to shoot someone after they already hit the deck and were pretty much immoblized? That's the only thing that bothers me. The guy barley moves on the ground, and you see at least two more shots.

I always find peoples perception of things like this interesting.

If you think the guy shouldn't have shot him at all that's different, but if you think he was right to shoot him at least once, and if he died it wouldn't have been murder, then in the grand scheme of things, why do any additional shots constitute murder?

Don't get me wrong, I think shooting someone that many times was un necessary, it appears after the first 2 shots they were all un necessary, I just find it interesting that it only goes from justified to murder in this case, not because he killed him, but because he used more than 1 bullet to do it.

If someone was shot once and went down, a few seconds passed and the cop saw him moving and thought he might have a gun, I could see him shooting again and still being justified, but I don't know all the details as to the shots after he was down...

Edited by yoshi

If you think the guy shouldn't have shot him at all that's different, but if you think he was right to shoot him at least once, and if he died it wouldn't have been murder, then in the grand scheme of things, why do any additional shots constitute murder?

Don't get me wrong, I think shooting someone that many times was un necessary, it appears after the first 2 shots they were all un necessary, I just find it interesting that it only goes from justified to murder in this case, not because he killed him, but because he used more than 1 bullet to do it.

MY thoughts are that the LEO has every right to immobilize a threat, but after accomplishing that and to continue to keep shooting, is the equivalent of beating a person after you knocked them out already.. not cool...

Edited by Legit Duner

MY thoughts are that the LEO has every right to immobilize a threat, but after accomplishing that and to continue to keep shooting, is the equivalent of beating a person after you knocked them out already.. not cool...

I added 1 final line in my reply above yours before you posted...

Where this officer went wrong was...

1). He took a job as a cop and even worse he took a cop job in an area fill with Obama voters.

I fixed that for you. :ck:

And although I agree with the "not cool" line, I don't think that necessary warrants a murder charge if he was justified to shoot in the first place...

Edited by yoshi

We all like to boast how cool and collected we would be in a situation with an imminent threat while we are carrying a firearm. Now this was a trained professional apparently losing control and firing more than necessary.

Here's the thing, this cop might go down as an example, but it kinda needs to happen. Don't need trigger happy cops running around. Every shot that was fired after perp was down is one more shot that could have claimed collateral damage.

Don't get me wrong, cops should fire at will when deemed necessary; as long as they have a firm grasp on what is an acceptable "necessary".

A certain part of society has been chomping at the bit for a situation to make an example out of "the man" to the extent that they went all in and showed their hand on some really poor cases. Looking for any excuse to burn and loot with our nations leadership fanning the flames for their own political benefit.

Much being said on why it took so long however the timing happening to be cold in chicago and much of the nation looking towards the holidays it is probably a bit tougher of a sell to rally them out of their warm government subsided housing. If it was planned it was brilliant... parts of chicago would have burned last night if it was a sweltering summer night. It also took our eyes off major developments in syria and some more damming e-mail evidence about the dem front runner.

It will take a year or more for the trial and it looks pretty cut and dry now but there are certainly gong to be a bunch of mitigating factors leaking from the defense over that time. They need to time the verdict for the most windy and bitterest cold of the winter because if you think about it either way it will go sideways... even if they get what they want it will be vindication and another excuse to do what they want to do in numbers anyway.

First Degree Murder: Definition. In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

Gonna be hard to prove that, IMO. Manslaughter, maybe.

Either way, shitty day to be a cop.

So just how close does a crazy person with a knife have to be before they are a threat?

In the world I grew up in, which was a hell of a lot better than this world, this cop does not get charged with anything.

I'm pretty afraid for the future of this county. I don't see all this ending well for the "normal" people in this country.

I don't think the cop should be charged with murder. I think they do that to make the local folks happy. Once the trial is ongoing the charges will be reduced to something less I'm sure, maybe excessive force. Moral of the story is don't approach a cop wielding a knife and you won't get shot, not even once.

I see it as simply just another case in point of common sense not being exercised by both sides and both sides being to blame for a simple issue that didn’t need to end how it did. Also another example of both sides expecting the other to handle all of the blame when both parties were involved and both contributed to the situation taking place to begin with. I’ll be the first to say that the black guy was in the wrong doing what he did. No exceptions. You want to be a criminal? Fine pay the price for that ’career path’. That said it’s blatantly obvious that the cop was out of line to use lethal force to the extent that he did when less lethal options would have likely neutralized the situation to begin with or at the very least less rounds used. I also understand that in the moment and under the pressure police officers face yes mistakes happen and impulse decisions are made that normally wouldn’t happen under different circumstances. That said whose at fault? Everyone involved. Plain and simple. But until everyone involved on both sides accepts fault for these types of situations happening to begin with they will continue to happen and countless hours and amounts of money will be spent debating the logistics of common sense that wasn’t used by anyone involved.

First Degree Murder: Definition. In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

Murder or Manslaughter...hell no, deadly force is just that..."Deadly".

The problem this LEO will have is whether or not he gets to continue being an LEO. Excessive Force or "Unstable" can be argued against him pretty easy in this event.

A certain part of society has been chomping at the bit for a situation to make an example out of "the man" to the extent that they went all in and showed their hand on some really poor cases. Looking for any excuse to burn and loot with our nations leadership fanning the flames for their own political benefit.

Much being said on why it took so long however the timing happening to be cold in chicago and much of the nation looking towards the holidays it is probably a bit tougher of a sell to rally them out of their warm government subsided housing. If it was planned it was brilliant... parts of chicago would have burned last night if it was a sweltering summer night. It also took our eyes off major developments in syria and some more damming e-mail evidence about the dem front runner.

It will take a year or more for the trial and it looks pretty cut and dry now but there are certainly gong to be a bunch of mitigating factors leaking from the defense over that time. They need to time the verdict for the most windy and bitterest cold of the winter because if you think about it either way it will go sideways... even if they get what they want it will be vindication and another excuse to do what they want to do in numbers anyway.

Very insightful and some excellent points that are very accurate.

Murder or Manslaughter...hell no, deadly force is just that..."Deadly".

The problem this LEO will have is whether or not he gets to continue being an LEO. Excessive Force or "Unstable" can be argued against him pretty easy in this event.

The dudes career is over no matter what the out come of the trial. He is on an island by himself that only a few in this country understand.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

You must watch CSI.

Exactly.

Bingo.

"If you think just because I'm white, I can't get a cop to tase me in 10 seconds flat, you're outa your effing mind." :laugh:

Edited by Legit Duner

They are grouping up tonight.. Calling for mayor, chief, etc to step down or they "gunna shut it down.."

Bet we see a lot of shit over the weekend.