Legit Duner

Media Was Hyping Up The Release Of This Video

Cause the dude was already dead?

Ps I told my employees they should watch " how not to get shot by the po-lice" - f-ing hilarious and spot on....

who are we to say what that officer shoulda done? Easy to look back sitting in your house with the front door locked watching it on the computer. Bet that quarter back shouldn't have thrown that interception on Sunday's game either

How about focusing on the real problem in our country

That meth head shouldn't do meth

That meth head should get a job

That meth head shouldn't break the law

That meth head should do what the officer tells him

I raise my kids the same way I was raised respect authority wether it be your parent, teacher, boss, police officer etc

what our country lacks the most is accountability

Absolutely correct. All of what you posted is the truth. Do you not feel law enforcement should be held accountable for their actions as well? If not,why?

Cause the dude was already dead?
Cute comeback. How about they knew deadly force was not justified at that point? Only one officer saw a "need/justification" to execute the POS. Sorry ,but I expect more from those paid to protect and serve. That motto applies to all of us not just us perfect, law abiding, citizens. Unless there is a LOT more to this story,if I was on a jury,the officer would be found guilty of at least second degree murder. The standard for premeditated murder is a matter of a split second of premeditation. With that standard,the first degree murder charge is justifiable. I'm not buying into this ," I didn't know I emptied the clip,really I didn't", BS. We,as average citizens,are not allowed that in a court of law. We cannot shoot a perp just because we were high on adrenaline and get carried away because of it. We are allowed to use the force necessary to stop a threat against us and not a bit more. Why is the standard different for LEO? Oh,it isn't!

I side with the cops 99.9% of the time, but this is definitely one of the .1% I don't. From what I've heard, the cops were called about a guy breaking into cars, had a knife, and was acting crazy (which describes a good number of the populace in Chicago I'm sure). This wasn't a high speed chase that had been risking the lives of others, and I've yet to hear that he had assaulted anyone, yet. Theres no way the cops could have known if he was on PCP, meth, Boonsfarm. or Colt45 when they rolled up on him. The video clearly shows that he made no aggressive move toward the officer, if anything he started to move away, that fact is indisputable. Either way, I'll give him a pass on the first shots that brought him down but to keep firing like that was just too much. That guy wasn't endangering anyone after he was dropped and thats not just my opinion but the lack of action from the other officers on scene back it up. Dude was straight up murdered.

As far as the timing of the video. The judge was supposedly pissed because the DA was so slow in bringing charges. Theres going to be alot of investigation as to why they tried to bury the story, including the reelection of Rahm Emanuel.

The criminal had plenty of chances to stop, show his hands and lay on his belly

Had the same opportunity you and I have to not commit those crimes in the first place

He put the police officer in that position focus on that

Like I've said its so easy for everyone to judge from their safe spot our military and police force provide us.

Was the officer right or wrong? I don't know, guess you woulda had to have been there, could the whole situation have been avoided? I can answer that YES

People act like cops are crazed psychopaths on a rampage, show me one video where the average joe was driving home from work in his car with current tags registered to him not under the influence of any controlled substance,not a wanted fugitive pull over when lit up, then the cops ran up to him emptying their magazines for no reason.

Here is the flip side, a friend of mine I grew up player sports with joins the force. He's 30 wife and young kids

Pulls a car over for a routine traffic stop ( expired tags ) middle of the day, walks up to the car pos gang member in the back seat shoots the police officer in the face for no reason. That's what these cops deal with every day, no wonder their on the defensive side

The tragic example you post is inexcusable and I hope the perp is facing a long time in jail. That said,it is no excuse or justification for what occurred in Chicago or anywhere for that matter.

It's hard to evaluate without audio and I can certainly see how the shots taken over what appears to be a long period of time while the kid was down may not have been warranted. That said, some pro tips:

* don't do PCP

* don't break into cars

* don't run down the middle of the street with a knife

* don't act all drugged out and herky jerky when the police are attempting to stop you

* don't turn your back to the police and stick your hand into your pants while they are attempting to stop you

...don't be black.

Here's an interesting story, not taking sides on this, just something that happened on the way home from Glamis after the Vets Ceremony.

I left Sunday, and was heading down 78. My friend Mark left about 45 minutes before me. He had his brother in law Paul with him (quite a few of you know Mark). Paul is a Sheriff and Vet. He had his piece with him, as he always does. We always keep phones on and stay in contact when we leave because anything can happen and someone might need help. Mark called me and said he blew out two trailer tires. I said I would be right there. He said no, he has it covered, but trip out on what just now happened. He said he dropped the trailer and was heading into El Centro to the pep boys who claimed they had tires for his trailer. When he came to an intersection, they noticed a guy in the middle of an intersection. Mark said the guy was trying to get into the vehicles and also dodging cars, and then when a car would slow, tried to get in the door. Paul said right away, "That guy is on Meth". Well, Mark went to the stop sign, and the guy in the street came right over and tried to get into their truck. The doors were locked so the guy tried to get in by jumping on the tailgate and come through the back window. Mark took a hard right and flung him into the street. Paul said to Mark, “That guy is dangerous and is going to hurt someone” and Paul saw him pull out a knife. Paul immediately called 911 and said to send units now, then jumped out with his badge and gun and “had a line on him” is how he phrased it. Mark then said that the “meth”guy had run across the street in full speed and tackled an innocent bystander. Paul went after the guy, and Mark went to help the guy that got tackled then ran from the “meth” guy and then fell to the ground. Mark came up to him and asked him if he was alright, and the guy said no, I got stabbed. He turned his neck, and as Mark put it, “Blood began gushing out of his neck”. Mark took off his shirt and applied pressure. Mark said the guy was freaking out, and each time he did, blood would gush. Mark said the guy was yelling for his wife, his mother, and that he was going to die. Apparently the “meth” guy circled around and Paul made sure he wasn't going to get close to Mark and the injured guy but was just out of range. The police were there quick, and so was the ambulance. Mark did his best to calm the stabbed guy down, and that he wasn't going to die, he just had to slow his heart rate. The paramedics began to help this guy (Mark is somewhat certified due to the requirements of his job), and the police showed up and had their gun drawn on the “meth” guy. They quickly tazed the “meth” guy. Apparently only one of the barbs of the tazer went in, but the guy went to the ground. An officer approached the man, and he attacked the officer. Then, Paul came from the side with a flying knee to the ribs and took the guy down hard, apparently caving in some ribs. Paul immobilized the man. Then, the injured guy who got stabbed got put in the ambulance, taken to the airport and quickly lifeflighted out.

Thank you Mark and Paul

I immediately called Jen, who was driving behind me, and told her what had happened. I told her this is a reason I want her to get permitted to carry. Whether you believe that citizens should carry or not, this individual could have very easily stabbed anyone at any time. I know my wife drives with the window down quite a bit, and this nutjob could have surprised her and quickly stabbed her through the side window, especially if he wasn't noticed. But, that is speculation. However, neither I nor my wife wants to ever be a victim of speculation.

Kansas believes in the second amendment. We don't have to ask permission to carry concealed.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Kansas believes in the second amendment. We don't have to ask permission to carry concealed.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That's a good thing fabr, good thing sir.

Here's an interesting story, not taking sides on this, just something that happened on the way home from Glamis after the Vets Ceremony.

I left Sunday, and was heading down 78. My friend Mark left about 45 minutes before me. He had his brother in law Paul with him (quite a few of you know Mark). Paul is a Sheriff and Vet. He had his piece with him, as he always does. We always keep phones on and stay in contact when we leave because anything can happen and someone might need help. Mark called me and said he blew out two trailer tires. I said I would be right there. He said no, he has it covered, but trip out on what just now happened. He said he dropped the trailer and was heading into El Centro to the pep boys who claimed they had tires for his trailer. When he came to an intersection, they noticed a guy in the middle of an intersection. Mark said the guy was trying to get into the vehicles and also dodging cars, and then when a car would slow, tried to get in the door. Paul said right away, "That guy is on Meth". Well, Mark went to the stop sign, and the guy in the street came right over and tried to get into their truck. The doors were locked so the guy tried to get in by jumping on the tailgate and come through the back window. Mark took a hard right and flung him into the street. Paul said to Mark, “That guy is dangerous and is going to hurt someone” and Paul saw him pull out a knife. Paul immediately called 911 and said to send units now, then jumped out with his badge and gun and “had a line on him” is how he phrased it. Mark then said that the “meth”guy had run across the street in full speed and tackled an innocent bystander. Paul went after the guy, and Mark went to help the guy that got tackled then ran from the “meth” guy and then fell to the ground. Mark came up to him and asked him if he was alright, and the guy said no, I got stabbed. He turned his neck, and as Mark put it, “Blood began gushing out of his neck”. Mark took off his shirt and applied pressure. Mark said the guy was freaking out, and each time he did, blood would gush. Mark said the guy was yelling for his wife, his mother, and that he was going to die. Apparently the “meth” guy circled around and Paul made sure he wasn't going to get close to Mark and the injured guy but was just out of range. The police were there quick, and so was the ambulance. Mark did his best to calm the stabbed guy down, and that he wasn't going to die, he just had to slow his heart rate. The paramedics began to help this guy (Mark is somewhat certified due to the requirements of his job), and the police showed up and had their gun drawn on the “meth” guy. They quickly tazed the “meth” guy. Apparently only one of the barbs of the tazer went in, but the guy went to the ground. An officer approached the man, and he attacked the officer. Then, Paul came from the side with a flying knee to the ribs and took the guy down hard, apparently caving in some ribs. Paul immobilized the man. Then, the injured guy who got stabbed got put in the ambulance, taken to the airport and quickly lifeflighted out.

Thank you Mark and Paul

I immediately called Jen, who was driving behind me, and told her what had happened. I told her this is a reason I want her to get permitted to carry. Whether you believe that citizens should carry or not, this individual could have very easily stabbed anyone at any time. I know my wife drives with the window down quite a bit, and this nutjob could have surprised her and quickly stabbed her through the side window, especially if he wasn't noticed. But, that is speculation. However, neither I nor my wife wants to ever be a victim of speculation.

Wow!!! You never know when it's gonna hit the fan.

I told her this is a reason I want her to get permitted to carry.

Isn't this hard to get?

Isn't this hard to get?

As it should be. Luckily, said meth head didn't have a legal, concealed gun. Probably would of ended up a lot worse....

Isn't this hard to get?

As it should be. Luckily, said meth head didn't have a legal, concealed gun. Probably would of ended up a lot worse....

Meth heads usually aren't too concerned about "legally " carrying. What he was doing wasn't "legal".

The more difficult it is to carry, the less law abiding citizens will carry. People doing the crimes obviously don't care about the law. They will get the weapons anyway. Check out Detroit, Chicago, LA, Paris, Mexico. Gun control works great in these places. Nobody has guns there.

Isn't this hard to get?

Meth heads usually aren't too concerned about "legally " carrying. What he was doing wasn't "legal".

The more difficult it is to carry, the less law abiding citizens will carry. People doing the crimes obviously don't care about the law. They will get the weapons anyway. Check out Detroit, Chicago, LA, Paris, Mexico. Gun control works great in these places. Nobody has guns there.

Point is, unless someone has been convicted of a felony, anyone should have the right to carry according to many on this board. Personally. I'm glad that guy didn't have that right otherwise chances are alot better that he would of had a gun.

The problem this LEO will have is whether or not he gets to continue being an LEO. Excessive Force or "Unstable" can be argued against him pretty easy in this event.

He probably shouldn't anyway.

Point is, unless someone has been convicted of a felony, anyone should have the right to carry according to many on this board. Personally. I'm glad that guy didn't have that right otherwise chances are alot better that he would of had a gun.

No. Tweekers aren't generally cash-flush for long, nor do they hang on to expensive items. Guns and ammunition are expensive. A gun and on-board ammo is a couple weeks of rocks. A knife is >$5 at the pawn shop where he sells the shit he steals from cars, garages and driveways. It's simple economics, really.

Isn't this hard to get?

How could your logic be so flawed? Criminals do not obey laws.

Rockwood is dead on with his explanation of the tweakers choice of weapon.

I am not attacking you on a personal level I just can't understand the disconnect with the thinking that criminals will obey the law.

* don't do PCP

* don't break into cars

* don't run down the middle of the street with a knife

* don't act all drugged out and herky jerky when the police are attempting to stop you

* don't turn your back to the police and stick your hand into your pants while they are attempting to stop you

...don't be black.

That would at least solve the first 5 problems instantly.

But then again, how do you explain all the whites killed by cops? Or all the blacks killed by blacks?

More than 300 have been murdered in Baltimore this year. But our President does not mention that in the wake of 3 dead by a white guy this weekend, which takes a World Stage

Thank you Mark and Paul

Thank you Mark and Paul........ good looking out for our fellow man, we need more people like you.

As far as the shooting and death (16 shots), once the cop felt deadly physical force was necessary he was trained to shot till the threat was over, he reverted back to his training and followed (site picture) the threat to the ground. He probably did know how many shots he fired. I believe deadly physical force was required on this perp, it was just a matter of time till he stuck that knife in someone. To all you na sayers I suggest you take an oath to uphold the Constitution and pin on a badge walk a mile in the shoes of someone who is willing to protect and serve the community they reside in. One dead bad guy and no innocent people were injured.

This country is going to hell and a hand basket, I retired over 10 years ago (21 years as a city cop) and I am glad I do not have to put up with all this second guessing and arm chair quaterbacking of Police actions. Yes there are a few "Bad" cops and the system will weed them out.

I have a son who wanted to be like dad and go the LE route after he is done with college, I have had many talks with him about how society has changed and a career in LE will be a lot different than when I was active. I have convinced him to go the Fire Department route.

Obamanation will be the demise of this once great country.

Rant over..

Edited by TedRam

I'm glad that guy didn't have that right otherwise chances are alot better that he would of had a gun.

I guess you didn't think that through. You think that he most likely didn't have a gun on him because he didn't have a right to have one? By that logic, he shouldn't have been on PCP since he was obviously a law abiding citizen........

Thank you Mark and Paul

Thank you Mark and Paul........ good looking out for our fellow man, we need more people like you.

As far as the shooting and death (16 shots), once the cop felt deadly physical force was necessary he was trained to shot till the threat was over, he reverted back to his training and followed (site picture) the threat to the ground. He probably did know how many shots he fired. I believe deadly physical force was required on this perp, it was just a matter of time till he stuck that knife in someone. To all you na sayers I suggest you take an oath to uphold the Constitution and pin on a badge walk a mile in the shoes of someone who is willing to protect and serve the community they reside in. One dead bad guy and no innocent people were injured.

This country is going to hell and a hand basket, I retired over 10 years ago (21 years as a city cop) and I am glad I do not have to put up with all this second guessing and arm chair quaterbacking of Police actions. Yes there are a few "Bad" cops and the system will weed them out.

I have a son who wanted to be like dad and go the LE route after he is done with college, I have had many talks with him about how society has changed and a career in LE will be a lot different than when I was active. I have convinced him to go the Fire Department route.

Rant over..

Would you of felt the same way if your family was down range?

I'm glad that guy didn't have that right otherwise chances are alot better that he would of had a gun.

I guess you didn't think that through. You think that he most likely didn't have a gun on him because he didn't have a right to have one? By that logic, he shouldn't have been on PCP since he was obviously a law abiding citizen........

I was really just stirring the pot a little to be honest. That said, I'm still glad most of the people sitting around me right now aren't packing.

Thank you Mark and Paul

Rant over..

If my family was down range i would have been upset if the cop did not stop the threat.....

There was an open field behind the suspect.

You probably think this is criminal too:

Dead is Dead....... 1 shot or 16, all the same. 1 bullet or a Crown Vic-- Good guys two, shitballs ZERO

Edited by TedRam

Thank you Mark and Paul

Rant over..

If my family was down range i would have been upset if the cop did not stop the threat.....

Dead is Dead....... 1 shot or 16, all the same. 1 bullet or a Crown Vic-- Good guys two, shitballs ZERO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DFcEMMZju7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this video.....No hesitation whats so ever on the second cop. Perfect

Thank you Mark and Paul

Rant over..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DFcEMMZju7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this video.....No hesitation whats so ever on the second cop. Perfect

Yea, me too..... great job by the second Cop who ran that shitbag over. I believe the first cop filming was derelict of duty for not taking action after he witnessed the suspect fire the weapon in the air. If I were Chief, I would have written him up......

Edited by TedRam