Rockwood

Rhinos These Days

This thread has me looking now. I found 3 long travel Rhino's for the price of one Razor. Glad my new trailer is BIG!!! :ck::rtd:

How do you guys think the power of the 700 rhinos compares to a Teryx? This seems like a way better option than a RZR for $20,000 more. It would have to be modified to a 4 seater. Do the aftermarket cages hold up? I'm not looking to scream through the dunes or trails. Just a fun little ride with the family. I had an 08 Terx and thought it had enough power but it wasn't converted to a 4 seater.

Andy

If you can find a 2010 or newer Teryx it is a great choice. Better power than a Rhino and built just as tough. 2009 has fuel injection which is a must for the Teryx. 2010 had the hood that would open. Had a MSD and exhaust and they made good power and sound sweet.

Is a 660 with minor mods gonna be a shit show out in the dunes, or more than adequate?

I had a 660 rhino with a CDI, aftermarket clutch sheave and a Mikuni HSR45 carb. It got around the dunes just fine. It would climb olds slowly. It was a 4 seater.

i eventually punched the motor out to a 686, changed the cam and ported head and that helped a lot.

We need resurgence of Rhinos, that would be awesome.

:lol:

My parents are maybe looking at getting a Rhino, what are the areas to keep an eye out for??? Frame areas that crack?? or other issues. Just want to get my parents their retirement toy and not have any major surprises.

We need resurgence of Rhinos, that would be awesome.

:lol:

LOL! Just head out to the Cal City and Jawbone area. Lots of rhinos still cruising around out there.

That old thing? I'll kick down $3200. :bigrin

I'll go $3199 :1cheff:

I'll go $3199 :1cheff:

Okay, talked to the wife and she gave the okay. $3189. :bigrin

LT, Aftermarket Cage and seats..... $4,900 :crusty:

http://tijuana.craigslist.com.mx/cto/5318498191.html

:15:

Get your Dukes of Hazard on, has horn too!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/snw/5346740750.html

:dancer: Daisy Duke included? maybe :15:

A 700 in East County for $5.5k

:swig:

WTF...I may need a Rhino at these prices....and they are CLEAN, at lest in the ads.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/for/5332427378.html

A 700 in East County for $5.5k

:swig:

WTF...I may need a Rhino at these prices....and they are CLEAN, at lest in the ads.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/for/5332427378.html

Its in Jamul.

More pics, other ad.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/for/5345014773.html

That is about the BEST price I have seen on a 700 that was not beat to shit too.

Bryan always prices his stuff right to sell quick.

He must really like this one because its priced to have not sold since the ad started in 2012.

Nice family! The Lenks.

They are part of our group.

I'm sure that thing is clean.

Get your Dukes of Hazard on, has horn too!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/snw/5346740750.html

:dancer: Daisy Duke included? maybe :15:

It's got the Dixie horn and everything!

Is a 660 with minor mods gonna be a shit show out in the dunes, or more than adequate?

A buddy in Campo has a 660. Looks like it may have been one of the first "race" rhinos. Full cage and monster suspension. he took it to Glamis once. It made it through dunes but it was rough. I'm sure it would do what you are looking for though. Especially if your family is light. he and his co-pilot were pretty heavy.

Id want the bed still intact

I need to find a "unicorn" Rhino to buy my Pops for our family cabin in Idaho. I want a EFI 700 since it'd be running between 3k and 9k feet of elevation. I want a decent LT kit on it because he really enjoyed driving my RZR 1000 around and how comfortable it was (he worked outdoors for PG&E for 3 decades, mostly as a gas serviceman and ran competitively for a long time, so he has a pretty jacked-up hip and stuff) so I don't think a stock Rhino is going to be comfortable enough. I'd like safety and comms in it, but I'd want the bed still functional and no goofy ass paint jobs and stuff (I guess I could always camo wrap it) or loud pipes.

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

I need to find a "unicorn" Rhino to buy my Pops for our family cabin in Idaho. I want a EFI 700 since it'd be running between 3k and 9k feet of elevation. I want a decent LT kit on it because he really enjoyed driving my RZR 1000 around and how comfortable it was (he worked outdoors for PG&E for 3 decades, mostly as a gas serviceman and ran competitively for a long time, so he has a pretty jacked-up hip and stuff) so I don't think a stock Rhino is going to be comfortable enough. I'd like safety and comms in it, but I'd want the bed still functional and no goofy ass paint jobs and stuff (I guess I could always camo wrap it) or loud pipes.

-TJ

Like mine...sorry not for sale!

Yet...:bag:

:bigrin:

post-12337-1449742434_thumb.jpg

-TJ

Like mine...sorry not for sale!

Yet...:bag:

:bigrin:

Exactly. Can I call "dibs" when you move up to a RZR? Shit, I should have figured out something with you for my 900 plus cash.

-TJ