Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of being contacted by the USFS LEO Ken Marcus while enjoying your vacation in Glamis?

This LEO has been serving in Glamis during the heavy holidays, and is known for his shakedown, abusive, scare tactic approach that is completley unnecessary while making "contact" with our friends and families in Glamis.

A couple years back, the Sheriff of El Dorado County in Northern California got so fed up with the USFS LEO treatment of visitors and local residents, he motioned to deny the USFS agencies ability to enforce law within the county moving forward.

USFS LEO Ken Marcus was named in several columns as the main individual the people's complaints were about.

Please google USFS Ken Marcus and you will find that this is exactly the type of LEO that we do NOT need contacting our Glamis friends and families.

If you have complaints regarding this officer, please report them!

Below is just one link regarding the issues with this LEO, be sure to read the peoples comments further down the link, and read on all the others when you Google him.

He thrives on bringing misery to the people of Glamis and other BLM areas.

Have your BLM ISDRA rules and regulations link ready when he shows up in your face, and remind him that treating people poorly on BLM lands wont be tolerated.

http://www.inedc.com/1-5057.html

post-27745-1452266910_thumb.jpg

post-27745-1452267938_thumb.jpg

Edited by HOTSKI2

Hes well known up north and was the one who was responsible for the usfs getting their power to enforce local laws taken away from the sheriff up there.

My brother in law also got a ticket from him(no out of state res sticker on a rzr)It was deserved not gonna argue that but marcus was out of truck walking the line at the sand drags looking at everything in his path.

Rumor has it he transferred to so cal forest i bet he fits right in at glamis.

Wow! Seems to be alot of info when googled

This him?

post-410-1452312883_thumb.jpg

He looks like a real Stormtropper with all that tactical gear on to shakedown campers.......

He looks like a real Stormtropper with all that tactical gear on to shakedown campers.......

No Kidding.

X2 this dude is all over the interwebs

No Kidding.

What a fu*$in douche! Go hug a goddam tree or something, leave us alone!

X2 this dude is all over the interwebs

When you have more than one page dedicated to you on GOOGLE, you must have done something right, err, uhhh wrong :lmao:

Hes well known up north and was the one who was responsible for the usfs getting their power to enforce local laws taken away from the sheriff up there.

My brother in law also got a ticket from him(no out of state res sticker on a rzr)It was deserved not gonna argue that but marcus was out of truck walking the line at the sand drags looking at everything in his path.

Just curious what state is your brother from?

This him?

Looks like him. He had a K-9 unit with him over New Years.

He also had a big puncture wound on his hand and when asked, he replied it was a dog bite.

Interesting, one of the google posts was about a fight on a Tahoe beach, the officer released the dog on them, and the dog went after the wrong guy. When the officer tried to regain control of the dog, it bit the officer.

Marcus was mentioned in that story as well.

I completetly understand why we have LEOs in Glamis, but any contact I have ever had in the past was not like this guy.

He was a complete F**k from the moment we saw him. Formal Complaints need to be reported if we stand any chance of getting him out of our camps.

We cant afford to just say "F BLM" anymore, we need to report specific, individual names of those LEOs that treat us with anything other than a professional, pleasant manner. There are many other sheriffs, rangers, etc that dont act like this guy.

Thank you to those officers that make our visits pleasant.

Mall Ninja with a real badge. that's a bad combination.

The drop holster worn Han Solo style is a dead give-away

Mall Ninja with a real badge. that's a bad combination.

The drop holster worn Han Solo style is a dead give-away

Mall Ninja :lmao:

This is exactly what the Imperial County Sheriff should do. Revoke the BLM's CA Peace Officer authority just like the El Dorado County Sheriff did to the U.S. Forrest Service Rangers in his county. It's just too bad Imperial County is nowhere near as financially well off as El Dorado County.

Agree, IV sheriff should boot these guys, never had a bad contact with a sheriff, only BLM natzis

This is exactly what the Imperial County Sheriff should do. Revoke the BLM's CA Peace Officer authority just like the El Dorado County Sheriff did to the U.S. Forrest Service Rangers in his county. It's just too bad Imperial County is nowhere near as financially well off as El Dorado County.

Perhaps the ASA could make a rather large contribution to the Sheriff's campaign fund? It might be time to hire a lobbyist to grease the wheels.

Edited by fmyth

Perhaps the ASA could make a rather large contribution to the Sheriff's campaign fund? It might be time to hire a lobbyist to grease the wheels.

The ASA barely has the money to keep the fight against closers going let alone greasing wheels. I do agree that complaints also need to be made with the Sheriff's office and when they say they have nothing to do with the BLM remind them that they are the ones responsible for these idiots running around pretending to be real cops.

I would be willing to bet the mall ninja would be a quite little mouse in a real LA ghetto. The paper work would probably also scare him away If he pulled his I'm a bad ass shit he wouldn't live to see his first full week.

Is this him?

That does not appear to look like him.

it was a friends rzr that lives in illonois he ships it out here for winter time and he left so my brother in law who stores it for him drove it after our friend left to go home.

They dont require reg there so the out of state stciker is needed.Also checked for spark arrestor too.

He had a copy of bill of sale in the rzr so just cited for no out of state sticker no biggie but right after Ken Marcus went walking the line looking for the slightest thing to cite.

Has anyone talked to Neil at the El Centro office about this guy? :ez:

IMHO, nothing will happen.

Why? Because to discipline him, they must admit they effed up hiring him.

That's the government way.. :sraptor:

it was a friends rzr that lives in illonois he ships it out here for winter time and he left so my brother in law who stores it for him drove it after our friend left to go home.

They dont require reg there so the out of state stciker is needed.Also checked for spark arrestor too.

He had a copy of bill of sale in the rzr so just cited for no out of state sticker no biggie but right after Ken Marcus went walking the line looking for the slightest thing to cite.

So he cited him for an infraction and did his job checking the rest of the vehicle. Hardly seems like a reason to blow him up.

I know nothing of this guy and maybe he is a jerk. Or is it people are upset because this guy has caught them dirty. :js:

Edited by bagman

So he cited him for an infraction and did his job checking the rest of the vehicle. Hardly seems like a reason to blow him up.

I know nothing of this guy and maybe he is a jerk. Or is it people are upset because this guy has caught them dirty. :js:

Re read what i posted i said it was a deserved ticket no probs with that. :nag: But he is well known to be a prick and will give anyone in his path a hard time.