Sign in to follow this  
DUNE

Atc200x

Would anyone know of a place to get new parts for these bikes. I'm thinking about getting one and would like to restore it to like new condition.

DrATV doesn't have sheit for parts... dry.gif

Many OEM parts are discontinued, but www.servicehonda.com does have a lot (OEM), and usually substantially cheaper than list at your local dealer.

Plastic is going to be tough, but occasionally NOS stuff pops up, usually on ebay. If you're trying to make it NICE, but not necessarily showroom accurate, you'll do much better, and spend a LOT less $$$. I saw a 350x seat (orig cover, MINT condition) bring about $300 on ebay. It can get ugly.

Good luck! What year are you looking at getting? I think 86 parts are the hardest to come by, 85 might be better.

Also, check out www.3wheeler.org and 3wheelerworld.com. There's a lot of stuff that trades hands on those sites.

luckily tom alot of the parts on say a 350x, 200x and 250r are interchangable. luckily 200x stuff is pretty cheap on ebay, i just sold sychocr one that i was gonna part on ebay but never did since the prices i thought were to low for it to be worth my time.

oh, and you can still pick up 200x's fairly cheap alot of the time too.

Really 2004 ?

The question is WHY?   A 250R would be much more fun to ride, or a 350x....the 200 is just underpowered and under suspended....so many other things that are better all around.

2 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

$600 in Oxnard, CA

https://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/d/oxnard-1984-honda-200x/6946670118.html

That's some funny shiat right there!!!          (  2004  😂  )

26 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

The question is WHY?   A 250R would be much more fun to ride, or a 350x....the 200 is just underpowered and under suspended....so many other things that are better all around.

X2

This is My wife's 1987 200X,  She bought it New rode it for a year, Then moved up to a 250R, so it has been sitting  in a garage .

My son washed it off now She might sell it ........ 

200X.jpg

19 minutes ago, rottincorps said:

This is My wife's 1987 200X,  She bought it New rode it for a year, Then moved up to a 250R, so it has been sitting  in a garage .

200X.jpg

the '87 was rare bird.., not many of them out there.

11 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

Nostalgia mostly.  But there's also something to be said about riding a relatively slow bike fast.  

I've had a great time riding a Blaster or 1st gen ATC250R through the small dunes from Wash 25 all the way up to Vendors and back to pick up a small part as well.  Big dunes, I'd rather be in the buggy anyway since the ruts and whoops make it intolerable, and the time spent just going effectively straight with the throttle pinned is a little boring.  :bigrin 

11 hours ago, rottincorps said:

200X.jpg

I’d be interested if she wants to sell ........ LMK

WOW, that '87 is CLEAN.

My 12 year old would love a 200X is why I'm looking at them. He doesn't need a 250R, that would be mine :lol:

....and WHO CARES if the thread is from 2004....we are talking about ATC's from the 80's anyways...still a relevant topic on this website. :dunno:

2 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

WOW, that '87 is CLEAN.

My 12 year old would love a 200X is why I'm looking at them. He doesn't need a 250R, that would be mine :lol:

....and WHO CARES if the thread is from 2004....we are talking about ATC's from the 80's anyways...still a relevant topic on this website. :dunno:

You got me looking at these also. I want something to follow the kid on and the 200 looks like a good choice to lump around on. 

16 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

I can remember having a hell of a good time on a 90...…...and then a 185. 200x with suspension would be a kick for the money.

There's a whole buncha guys on here that think it's fun to spend thousands of dollars on those gay little 70s and then crash them.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, spize909 said:

I can remember having a hell of a good time on a 90...…...and then a 185. 200x with suspension would be a kick for the money.

There's a whole buncha guys on here that think it's fun to spend thousands of dollars on those gay little 70s and then crash them.

I bought a new 90 ATC from Fun Bike Center in 1976, $775 out the door. I had other MX bikes but the ATC was a completely different deal, an absolute blast, My first trip to Glamis was with that ride!           I remember some cool night rides leaving the house in Clairemont, riding through the canyons all the way out to Marimar......... good times!

Edited by JKR951
corrected year