dunerdad

Transmission Upgrade

My ALbins is stil going!

I broke my S4 on Sat. Not sure on the extent of damage but shes down after 7 trips. I'm running an LS2 stroker, 650 HP.

Add another S4 to the list...... :explode:

SO HAVE YOU DECIDE YET? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUILDING A NEW NOT SURE WHAT TRANS TO USE

So here’s the story 13 years later. 

I still own the car and have made 5-7 trips every season since we built it.  I started with a Turnkey 450 hp  LS  changed, to a 550 hp after 2 seasons. That motor blew up but Turnkey made it right with a refund. I put an FRE Zilla compression motor in to follow that.  It hit 826 hp on the dinoThat motor is in the car today and is now tuned for e-54. Through all of this the Albins has been the one constant.  I’ve replaced the 2 gear sincro once and that’s it.   I’ve been through too many CV’s to count, a few cracks in the frame and lots of other minor issues that you expect, but the that tranny had been awesome. If you’re thinking about a build or buying a used car you won’t be disappointed if you get an Albins. 

WOW! That's impressive. 

NIce!  Love my Albins AGB, but I did have it rebuilt last season.  New 1st, 2nd and main shaft and 5th gears.   Rancho said the R&P looked great.

Good thread, It's interesting and funny to see a thread like this from beginning to end over a span of that many years. 

10 hours ago, dunerdad said:

So here’s the story 13 years later. 

I still own the car and have made 5-7 trips every season since we built it.  I started with a Turnkey 450 hp  LS  changed, to a 550 hp after 2 seasons. That motor blew up but Turnkey made it right with a refund. I put an FRE Zilla compression motor in to follow that.  It hit 826 hp on the dinoThat motor is in the car today and is now tuned for e-54. Through all of this the Albins has been the one constant.  I’ve replaced the 2 gear sincro once and that’s it.   I’ve been through too many CV’s to count, a few cracks in the frame and lots of other minor issues that you expect, but the that tranny had been awesome. If you’re thinking about a build or buying a used car you won’t be disappointed if you get an Albins. 

Wow 13 years later, holy thread resurrection.   Pretty sure my Albins hasn't been touched in a 2006 Funco with stroked ls2 550HP driven very easily at all times ;)