lbz duner

Good Non Paddle For Sand And Desert

Stockers work great but going for a different look. I know the mongrels suck in the sand. Where I usually ride there is a lot of smaller dunes and hard pack also.

http://www.bfgoodrichracing.com/bfgoodrich-baja-ta-kr2-utv/

Nothin beats the horns on a stock razor, and yes mongols suc all the way around. The bfgs weigh the same as the horns and have descent tread depth. Have seen a few in sand but not many, have been told they do ok.

These will be my next set of tires

http://www.bfgoodrichracing.com/bfgoodrich-baja-ta-kr2-utv/

Nothin beats the horns on a stock razor, and yes mongols suc all the way around. The bfgs weigh the same as the horns and have descent tread depth. Have seen a few in sand but not many, have been told they do ok.

These will be my next set of tires

Those look nice

260 each ouch no thanks

Desert Traks too much paddle for the amount of hard-pack? What is the split of sand to dirt?

These would be good for anything 70% or more sand and 30% or less dirt

CampRZR-2015-1782.jpg

Maybe the Tensor Regulators. They have a nice flat profile and when aired down should do decent in the sand.

Edited by Sand Shark

Stockers work great but going for a different look. I know the mongrels suck in the sand. Where I usually ride there is a lot of smaller dunes and hard pack also.

x2 no stock Bighorns, I'm always impressed with how well they do in the dunes. As for the Mongrels, I pretty much felt the same the first time I had them in the sand. But after playing with air pressures I found they can actually work pretty well, they just need to be run really low (4-6psi, so you better be on beadlocks) and then they do work, but not as well as the Bighorns (or the BFG KM/2s... but those are a much wider tire with a square truck profile vs. the rounded profile of the Mongrels)

-TJ

Was thinking about new tires for the wife's 900. Have a full set for the sand.

I read Papa's Grand Canyon trip report and really would like to do something like that or that trip next year. I have the stock tires on it and was wondering if I should swap them out for another tire.

ITP Ultracross R Spec. Best of both worlds. :ez:

Desert traks like crusty posted are the latest and greatest that fullerton sand sports is pushing. They are spendy though..

If you look at the picture he posted, they cut the center grooves out. Or just run a stock desert trak.

This setup is for the turbo rzr, is yours turbo or n/a?

Edited by saychz316

Desert traks like crusty posted are the latest and greatest that fullerton sand sports is pushing. They are spendy though..

If you look at the picture he posted, they cut the center grooves out. Or just run a stock desert trak.

This setup is for the turbo rzr, is yours turbo or n/a?

Had those on my old vw car.....hit plenty of large rocks and never blew one out, but I had a ton of plugs in both from rocks. Alot of surface with no kleets

post-63882-1462980846_thumb.jpg

The ITP Ultracross chase ruts like crazy in sand, work well in hard pack. The Arisun Aftershock was best of both worlds for sand and hard pack, didn't chase ruts and good flat/puncture resistance.

Been reading good review all around on the artiisun tires.

On a side note what do you guys think in a 30x10 tire 14 or 15" wheel

The Arisuns look nice....I can see why they would do well in the sand.

A036FE72-D831-40B6-B2A3-2CB5873CB916_zps

I think I'm gonna give those a shot they are 100 less per tire than the bfg's at least in the 15". Sent an email to discount to see if they have them in the 14's

I run the mongrels on my 4 seater. Yes, they need to be aired down for sand but I do like the tire. Narrow profile makes it nice to drive on hardback but you do get some wondering. A buddy of mine has been running the tensors and said they do great in all terrain. I may be looking to go this direction. I run 15" bead locks as well. Haven't ever had an issue with a mongrel yet and I have 1300 miles on them from Superstition, Glamis, Glamis North, Truckhaven, and a few other places. I do pay attention to what I am running over though.

Mmm

Mmmm.what?

Did you ever order these? If so how are they?

I just had both of my RZRs in Oregon for a week, both on the 32" dirts. The Turbo is on 32x10-14" Mongrels and the 1000 on 32x11.5-15" BFG KM2s. I have to say, at about 5psi I was really surprised with how well the Mongrels worked this time. I remember hating them in the sand on my 900 (30x10-14"). Sure, I could have hooked up more with paddles but honestly after the initial spin it started to bite in 2wd and would climb anything without issue (obviously Oregon isn't Glamis big). I already knew the KM2s worked well at about 4.5psi from prior Glamis experience.

-TJ

Mmm

Mmmm.what?

His m key got stuck.

Did you ever order these? If so how are they?

Yes ordered them and they look great. Haven't used them, decided I want my suspension reworked first though and want to use the cash for that so they are for sale if anyone interested look in for sale section.

kXKQok5.jpg

g5z0vTi.jpg

At the Slash X simple twigs went through the stock tire.

Lots of tread and the most plys help prevent this.

The quy switched to BFG's and is real happy.

BFG's can be a little trouble initially getting the bead to seat, but then you're good to go.

I run these, it's what most the Race Desert guys run with success:

xKelE5m.jpg

EZGKCsV.jpg

5" outside offset dirt and dune tires is essential IMHO.

Edited by Free Agent

really like how the Arisun has worked fro my customers, had good luck with motohammers also

both are a reasonable price and always available

Was thinking about new tires for the wife's 900. Have a full set for the sand.

I read Papa's Grand Canyon trip report and really would like to do something like that or that trip next year. I have the stock tires on it and was wondering if I should swap them out for another tire.

I have been on the Papa Bear trip two years in a row with my xp900 on stock Bighorns. I finished this years trip with 3,500 miles on the stock tires. 90% of those miles have been in the AZ desert and I haven't had a flat or been stuck yet. I have no idea how the Bighorns perform in other terrain.