Like the title says who has a YXZ. Im not trying to make this a bashing thread,

Do you like it?

What problems have you had?

Please share your experience good or bad with it.

Thanks

Like the title says who has a YXZ. Im not trying to make this a bashing thread,

Do you like it?

What problems have you had?

Please share your experience good or bad with it.

Thanks

drove one of the first ones in socal. I am in the market for one as well.

Things I read or experienced.

Some clutch issues with larger tires and slipping the clutch. Several fixes already available.

Gets very hot in the foot well of the cab. Several fixes already available and in the forums.

Other than that, Havn't heard to many bad things about them.

I have a 2016 YXZ.

Good:

Seq trans is a blast.

Good suspension

Plenty of power if you keep it in the powerband. Above 4K

Easy to work on/maintain

Rides good once you dial in the shocks

Bad:

Clutch. Mine has a Reklus in it which is great for the desert, trails and dunes

Roll cage is ugly as f$@&. I built a better and cooler one

Shocks come all misadjusted. Poundsand has a great thread on how to set them up

Th heat that comes in and n the summer is almost unbearable. I am adding more heat shields now

That's about it. I really like mine but it's not my only vehicle. It's for the kids &a family when needed at the dunes. Otherwise it is kept at our place in Havasu to play around town and the desert.

post-9940-1466496206_thumb.jpg

post-9940-1466496231_thumb.jpg

post-9940-1466496248_thumb.jpg

I have a 2016 YXZ.

Good:

Seq trans is a blast.

Good suspension

Plenty of power if you keep it in the powerband. Above 4K

Easy to work on/maintain

Rides good once you dial in the shocks

Bad:

Clutch. Mine has a Reklus in it which is great for the desert, trails and dunes

Roll cage is ugly as f$@&. I built a better and cooler one

Shocks come all misadjusted. Poundsand has a great thread on how to set them up

Th heat that comes in and n the summer is almost unbearable. I am adding more heat shields now

That's about it. I really like mine but it's not my only vehicle. It's for the kids &a family when needed at the dunes. Otherwise it is kept at our place in Havasu to play around town and the desert.

Your cage certainly kills the fugly factor. My buddy had Buckshot do a cage and also went with bigger tires. His only complaint is you can't got slow in Glamis. It needs to be in the high RPMs. Other than that, my buddy loves it.

I'm usually Wash 10 and he's Gecko so we've only gotten together at night and he doesn't night ride. Looking forward to a dune challenge to see how his does vs. the XP1000. I think they're probably real close and that 'driver' will be the factor, usually is..

abc

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

I want one but its just so hard to pull the trigger, knowing full well they'll have a turbo out sooner or later (not to mention the paddle shifter version) which will make these lose a ton of their value.

Thanks guys, this is the input I was looking for

I want one but its just so hard to pull the trigger, knowing full well they'll have a turbo out sooner or later (not to mention the paddle shifter version) which will make these lose a ton of their value.

I disagree about losing value, I wouldn't wont the paddle shift it just wouldn't work for me

post-41554-1466500902_thumb.jpg

2017 you have both options

I disagree about losing value, I wouldn't wont the paddle shift it just wouldn't work for me

What sxs hasn't lost 50 percent of its value in a matter of 3-4 years? As soon as a new version comes out, everything older drops another notch on the totem pole.

What sxs hasn't lost 50 percent of its value in a matter of 3-4 years? As soon as a new version comes out, everything older drops another notch on the totem pole.

Yes I understand they all drop in value, I thought You're talking about the new Paddle shift model will make the clutch model drop in price.

So they guys that have them, would you buy it again?

Ride in mudpuppy's Yammer Hammer a couple weeks ago in the forest. Reallllllllllllllly nice! FAST! Legs got a little warm but I had on shorts and it was warm outside - come Glamis time that may be a bonus.

Bought one, then sold it. Not my cup of tea. Took it out to Gordons a few times, I really didn't like it. I liked it when it was complete ballz to the wallz rides. But those are only some of the ride I go on. Suspension is horrible IMO. The seats recline to much and the cage is a death trap. It wasn't the shifting that made me sell it, I prefer that. But the package as a whole is far short compared to a RZR Turbo.

:ez:

How are these at duning?

If you decide you want one, I would hang tight. Several dealers have 15+ of these, and can't get rid of them, even with the new rebate. There should be killer deals late August, until the Sand Show.

The YXZ for me is great, I came from a sandrail so the shifting was up my ally. For the heat in the cab I taped up the seams that's where a lot of heat comes from. I have done the Weller exhaust/ECU reflash Eibach duel rate springs, much better ride, FU2 cage, Tubeworks clutch mod for better oiling of the clutch disc's, Rugged radio car to car, Parker Pumper, Assault quick release steering wheel, wheels and tires, Beard seats and dragon fire harnesses

20160521_112155_zpsplwocghm.jpg

20160521_112145_zpsds2o0zav.jpg

20160521_112231_zpsc2tohph3.jpg

20160618_115307_zps9prhght8.jpg

20160521_112339_zpsgzjle2kr.jpg

20160521_112322_zpsoay05cba.jpg

Yes I understand they all drop in value, I thought You're talking about the new Paddle shift model will make the clutch model drop in price.

It already has made the other model drop in price. That and the fact many dealers are just sitting on units for months on end. You can get some really good deals on the clutch pedal YXZ. I have seen prices around $17,000 for the black and yellow model.

If it were me I would get the paddle shifting special edition. Launch control, no worries about stalling it, and the shocks are really really nice.

The YXZ is the banshee of the SXS world. All the fun starts when you get that motor up past 7,000 rpm.

It already has made the other model drop in price. That and the fact many dealers are just sitting on units for months on end. You can get some really good deals on the clutch pedal YXZ. I have seen prices around $17,000 for the black and yellow model.

If it were me I would get the paddle shifting special edition. Launch control, no worries about stalling it, and the shocks are really really nice.

The YXZ is the banshee of the SXS world. All the fun starts when you get that motor up past 7,000 rpm.

Yes I've contacted the ones selling for $17,500 They ad on Fees of $1,500 then Taxes

Yes I've contacted the ones selling for $17,500 They ad on Fees of $1,500 then Taxes

Sounds about right until you show up to the dealer ready to make a deal. Once the paddle shift models show up to the dealers, the clutch pedal model is going to be collecting even more dust.

So you're saying you don't own one, right? :Eff U:

I have seen some pics of cage failure something to upgrade first if you want one . Btw that's great cage on the blue and white one

The YXZ for me is great, I came from a sandrail so the shifting was up my ally. For the heat in the cab I taped up the seams that's where a lot of heat comes from. I have done the Weller exhaust/ECU reflash Eibach duel rate springs, much better ride, FU2 cage, Tubeworks clutch mod for better oiling of the clutch disc's, Rugged radio car to car, Parker Pumper, Assault quick release steering wheel, wheels and tires, Beard seats and dragon fire harnesses

Did you do the alternator or second battery?

Did you do the alternator or second battery?

no, neither one

YXZ races the fastest RZR last night at the sand drags in St. Anthony Dunes and wins.

He had less $$ in it then it cost U to buy a Turbo RZR

YXZ races the fastest RZR last night at the sand drags in St. Anthony Dunes and wins.

He had less $$ in it then it cost U to buy a Turbo RZR

LIKE :yay: