punkur67

Best Ac-dc Tig Welder For Around $2k

I am looking for a ac-dc tig welder for my garage for general fabrication of steel and aluminum. Looking around the $2k budget. We use miller's at work for stick and dc tig and i like them. Any recommendations?

I am looking for the same thing . That said this is only going to be used for Hobby and some projects around the house. I have been looking at the 2016 model AHP Alpha TIG 200X 200-Amp Pulse AC DC Tig/Stick Welder 110/240V, yes its China made but it has had a lot of good reviews. It is around 800 bucks, and a 3 year warranty.....but they also say to replace the peddle and the torch and you had a really decent machine. So now its more around the 1100.00 price...Now I'm also looking at the Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 Welder, you don't have to replace any thing. Its around 1400 bucks ...and Its a Lincoln...no brainier.....but then I' AM NO EXPERT

Lots of reviews on both machines on You tube.

post-41341-1467268658.jpg

post-41341-1467268753.jpg

I am looking for the same thing . That said this is only going to be used for Hobby and some projects around the house. I have been looking at the 2016 model AHP Alpha TIG 200X 200-Amp Pulse AC DC Tig/Stick Welder 110/240V, yes its China made but it has had a lot of good reviews. It is around 800 bucks, and a 3 year warranty.....but they also say to replace the peddle and the torch and you had a really decent machine. So now its more around the 1100.00 price...Now I'm also looking at the Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 Welder, you don't have to replace any thing. Its around 1400 bucks ...and Its a Lincoln...no brainier.....but then I' AM NO EXPERT

My comment has nothing to do with quality.

Miller machines have the highest resale value when you sell or upgrade.

Lincoln is second.

I wouldn't buy Chinese simply because when you need parts you may not be able to get them.

I just bought some parts (not consumables) for both a Miller and a Lincoln. The Miller is 20 years old and the Lincoln around 30 years old.

x2 on what Romans said.

I have heard good things about the Square Wave 200. I have used the new Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP that is a multi process machine and uses the same chassis as the Square Wave 200.

The TIG arc on the 210MP was nice.

Let me know if you need a cart for your new welder. :ztfab:

All-A-Cart.com

All_A_Cart_PR.pdf

I was looking at the Lincoln square wave too. Also have used a thermal arc and really liked it.

I was looking at the following welders:

Lincoln square wave Tig 200- $1400

Lincoln precision Tig 225- $2400

Miller Diversion 180- $2000

Thermal Arc 186- $2000

I am just a little gun shy to buy the entry level Miller tig cause I had an Econotig a few years back and it fried the $700 circuit board after 6 months.

What about the ESAB rebel

What about the ESAB rebel

I have heard good things about Esab but dont know of anybody that actually owns one.

This came with a truck I bought I know nothing about it. Willing to sell it.

I just got this with a truck I bought I no nothing about it.

post-101238-1467282020_thumb.png

post-101238-1467282126_thumb.png

Good machine.

Could be worth $2000-3000 depending on hours and condition.

The leads are worth $3-5 dollars per foot maybe more.

Great item to sell they move fast.

I've had my miller syncrowave 180 for about 10 years now. No complaints, for being a air-cooled garage welder I am very happy with it.

I just got this with a truck I bought I no nothing about it.

Here is the webiste info for that welder

Welder

I love my miller Dynasty it works great,

I have my neighbor that has the Thermal-Arc by Victor in his shop we found it for $1700 online,

it works good but if very touchy compared to the Miller, just takes him allot longer to dial it in

I would look at used syncrowave 250 if size isnt an issue. Diversion is only ok. No personal experience with the lincolns mentioned. I have a thermal arc 201ts(dc only) i love it. I dont know is the 186 is just as good. I have an htp invertig 221. Its a little out of your price range but alot of welder for the $$$ i really like it alot. Syncrowave 200 may be a good option for you.

http://store.cyberweld.com/misy210migco.html

Little over budget but after rebate a great deal for alot of features

I picked up the 2016 Alpha Tig and am happy with it so far...I'm not a professional welder but for 1000 total (keep in mind you need a tank, $250 or so) it does the job...Figured if i could learn with this one, I'd only get better if I upgraded to a miller or something similar.

Look at the reviews and videos online and make your decision...Would I prefer to have a $2500 Miller, of course, but for someone who welds a few times a year, do you really need that?

I bought myself the 2016 AHP Alpha for Christmas and so far I'm very happy. The pedal is funky and I'll probably change it and there is nothing wrong with the torch other than it's 250 amp and a little heavy for lite work. Again I'll probably buy the 125 amp torch because I like the extra flexibility. Some good reviews on the AHP on YouTube. Great in my garage.

DL

Replacing the torch and peddle was more recommended on the older 2014 /models, its a new version on the 2016...seems to work fine in my opinion, but, it is the only machine I've owned...I've welded 90 wall DOM, 120 wall square tube (no issues) and 1/4 inch aluminum (tricky to get aluminum to puddle) - but tungsten selection and prep is probably more to blame.

Red and blue tungsten seem to be the best / most popular.

Edited by wesinls

I would look for a Miller Dynasty 200 DX. They are small and full of features for Aluminum and Steel. The Diversion is great for learning to TIG but you will outgrow it very quickly. I picked up a used one with a cooler and multiple torches for 2K last year and I have yet to find anything it can't weld.

Edited by Buster

I would look for a Miller Dynasty 200 DX. They are small and full of features for Aluminum and Steel. The Diversion is great for learning to TIG but you will outgrow it very quickly. I picked up a used one with a cooler and multiple torches for 2K last year and I have yet to find anything it can't weld.

Does the 200 DX do a AC tig? I thought the 210 and up series has AC.

Thermal Arc 186, use it all the time works as good as my dynasty just more buttons to do the same as a miller but welds the same, face controls a little more complicated than a miller, but like I said still welds the same

$1654.00 free shipping

http://www.bakersgas.com/THEW1006301.html?...vzJIaAnlf8P8HAQ

made by Victor

Here is a guy who does a review on 4 AC/DC Tig Welding Machines.

might help out on a side by side comparison.

Lincoln Tig 175 square wave Transformer. Discontinued

Miller Diversion 180

Everlast 210ext

Lincoln square wave 200 Tig

I dont like that the Diversion has a fixed torch. I have a couple torches already and I can add a cooler later with that torch.

Where are you? Can try my thermal arc or htp