Sign in to follow this  
ITSWEEKS

Paint, Wrap Or Powder Coat?

As we a getting closer to the final phases with our car we are trying to decide which route to go with the body. The chassis will be powder coated I know this color is still to be determined but leaning towards white, silver, grey. But as far as the whole body what are you guys finding hold up the best, looks the best? I was originally thinking a wrap so you get the colors and design instead of a solid color like with powder coat but want to hear from you guys......

post-21223-1469772721_thumb.jpg

post-21223-1469772752_thumb.jpg

Love the car. Powder would be the one for me. Then have some one do the graphics the way you want. That way the whole car don't start looking worn after a couple of years. I'v seen a lot of wraps fray on the edges in a very short time. Just my .02.

might want to think about the white frame. i hate mine and my buddy hates his white frame. hard to keep clean and looking good. silver vien is a great frame color holds up killer and easy paint match from rattle can. I would start by powdercoating your panels. cheapest and strongest way to go by far. you can wrap or add graphics anytime.

Calling Dbart

Everything fades in the sand over time.

No matter what you choose.

Powder coat so the inside of the panels are panted and finished. Then if you want a design or graphics you can do a full or partial wrap. If or when the wrap is worn or your just over it, you just peel it off and you have freash paint under it. Personally I have been impressed with how well the good 3M wrap material has held up.

Good looking body work! My last car was powder coated, with rhino lined interior sides. Then the previous owner put a graphic on the side that we didn't really care for. I was really grateful that it was a sticker so that we peeled some of it off to tone it down a little. When I get me next one I'm planning for the same: powder with graphics on top....