dbart

Honest People, Yes There Are Some!

So on Saturday, I did a lot of things a round the house and when I was done, decided to grab a beer and put my feet in the pool.

I normally would just put them in at the shallow end, but decided to go to the other end so I wasn't looking into the sun.

Plop my feet in, crack a beer, send a pic to my buddy's saying cheers and just relax for a bit.

I start looking around the yard to see what else needs doing and I look back to the are where the pool pump is and it's full of water!

:scared:

I go over and my pump is leaking. so I call Shawn my pool man. He says check the pipes coming out of the filter since they had just cleaned it. He thought maybe it was his fault that something was loose.

I said no, it's coming from the pump itself.

He said shut it off and He's be there on Monday to check it out.

Our house was built in 1962 and the pool probably in the early 70's. He said that that is most likely the original pump and a good chance it needs to be replaced. He asked for the serial number so he could see if if he could get gaskets for it in case that's all it is.

:simrak:

So, I meet him at home yesterday, and he starts in...3 1/2 hours later it was just a rubber gasket from the input shaft. He replace all the gaskets though.

Now, I wouldn't have known the difference...could have said, yeah we're gonna to replace the pump and instead of $150 bill, it would have been about $1000 with parts and labor.

Thanks Shawn! :headbang:

post-12337-1476848173_thumb.jpg

post-12337-1476848186_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbart

:clap: Awesomeness!!!! One for the GOOD guy team :spazzy:

I wonder what the ratio is between "sucky people" and "good people" in the world?

Cool ! But that just means you will be needing to replace a pump from 1970 during a very important hot summer day bbq ing with a ton of friends and hot chicks because pool turned green, water leaking into house and food smells cause of green water and everyone is throwing up and some slipping and falling.

Next time replace the pump- thanx management

Cool ! But that just means you will be needing to replace a pump from 1970 during a very important hot summer day bbq ing with a ton of friends and hot chicks because pool turned green, water leaking into house and food smells cause of green water and everyone is throwing up and some slipping and falling.

Well thank you Captain Debbie Downer!

:clap:

:lmao::smack:

post-12337-1476851735_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbart

Cool pool guy for sure.

If your pump is that old replace it asap. You will be surprised how much your electric bill drops.

Edited by toyota-trasher

Cool pool guy for sure.

If your pump is that old replace it asap. You will be surprised how much your electric bill drops.

I know it is going to need replacing, just trying to hold on till we redo the whole thing.

:ban:

Thats a good pump, I had 2 of those on my last pool. Leslies pools stocks all the parts for those.

They are actually pretty efficient but the new variable speeds are great.

Thats a good pump, I had 2 of those on my last pool. Leslies pools stocks all the parts for those.

They are actually pretty efficient but the new variable speeds are great.

yup, my electric bill is under $90 a month and our variable runs from 7-5. super efficient

That rocks Dbart!

<---Is new to the Pool thing...our first pool. :dunno:

I will say the pump looks old as eff...sketchy!

It goes on everyday about 11:30am and runs till 4pm...I think....it is LOUD. or maybe I just think it is as I don't know.

post-9932-1476851671_thumb.jpgpost-9932-1476851708_thumb.jpg

That rocks Dbart!

It goes on everyday about 11:30am and runs till 4pm...I think....it is LOUD. or maybe I just think it is as I don't know.

After the gaskets were replaced on mine...it runs a lot quieter.

That rocks Dbart!

After the gaskets were replaced on mine...it runs a lot quieter.

Nice Crusty :thumbup:

We also joined the cool pool crew this summer. Thankfully the sounds of the water features drown out the sounds of the pool pump :spazzy:

post-3732-1476853329_thumb.jpg

post-3732-1476853347_thumb.jpg

If Dbart had bad karma this would be a worry, but his karma appears to be pretty squeaky clean, hence why he didn't get raped by the pool guy. When you have good karma surrounding you bad karma drives right by. After all karma is a bitch so don't piss the bitch off and life is good....

So on Saturday, I did a lot of things a round the house and when I was done, decided to grab a beer and put my feet in the pool.

I normally would just put them in at the shallow end, but decided to go to the other end so I wasn't looking into the sun.

Plop my feet in, crack a beer, send a pic to my buddy's saying cheers and just relax for a bit.

I start looking around the yard to see what else needs doing and I look back to the are where the pool pump is and it's full of water!

I go over and my pump is leaking. so I call Shawn my pool man. He says check the pipes coming out of the filter since they had just cleaned it. He thought maybe it was his fault that something was loose.

Our house was built in 1962 and the pool probably in the early 70's. He said that that is most likely the original pump and a good chance it needs to be replaced. He asked for the serial number so he could see if if he could get gaskets for it in case that's all it is.

So, I meet him at home yesterday, and he starts in...3 1/2 hours later it was just a rubber gasket from the input shaft. He replace all the gaskets though.

Now, I wouldn't have known the difference...could have said, yeah we're gonna to replace the pump and instead of $150 bill, it would have been about $1000 with parts and labor.

Are you sure the Mrs Dbart by the pool factor had alot to do with it!!!!! :lmao:

the difference in the eclectic bill when I replaced my old pump paid for it self with in year. I think it was like $895 installed but that was a few years ago.

1%er problems I'll never have to worry about :hmm:

Are you sure the Mrs Dbart by the pool factor had alot to do with it!!!!! :lmao:

:lmao:

Great to see Good people get treated well by other Good people - Hero of the day Shawn!

I tend to think most people are good people.

Didn't know your pool was that old. Do me a favor and check the electrical for your pool light. I don't want you to get elictricuted like the family in Palm Springs.

Cool that guy didn't rape you.

I got rid of my pool and replaced it with three Pit Bull rescues, I feel a lot safer. Piece.

Mine seldom leaks. Just added the rock entry way. Such a difference.

post-4695-1476933382_thumb.png

Mine seldom leaks. Just added the rock entry way. Such a difference.

Baller.

Mine was over run by the local gang;

post-11460-1476936669_thumb.jpg

mine became the local crawl area.

7A9AA06C-AEF3-4F25-8CD2-B8376FA491EE_zps

Edited by Chevy1925