Roaddog

Glamis rain

Lots of rain last night. Dunes are nice right now, but sand is wet. 

IMG_0040.JPG

Does wet sand make it harder on the transmissions?

Wish we were there, Have fun out there.

Yes it does car will hook harder  that's it .

Be greatful this isn't a big weekend.   I remember 7 or 8 years ago it rained hard right before the masses got there for t-day.  The sand was wet several inches deep and was more tore up than Ive ever seen.   1-2' trenches everywhere.   It was tough getting to olds in our King Cars.      

I've been out here since Tuesday. Sucks, sand is like concrete. Rained most of yesterday, poured all last night, rain parts of today. I've spent more time in the moho than out. Dug down today, took about 8" before I hit dry sand.

6 minutes ago, Tanman11 said:

I've been out here since Tuesday. Sucks, sand is like concrete. Rained most of yesterday, poured all last night, rain parts of today. I've spent more time in the moho than out. Dug down today, took about 8" before I hit dry sand.

still better than sitting at work like im doing..

Don't be tearing the sand up before us real duners get there. :lol:

Always cracks me up when people have the chutzpah to call themselves the "real duners". Kind of like calling yourself royalty.

36 minutes ago, Sand Dawg said:

Don't be tearing the sand up before us real duners get there. :lol:

Always cracks me up when people have the chutzpah to call themselves the "real duners". Kind of like calling yourself royalty.

With that being said, I will be there sunday. So please take it easy till then... :sha:

I'm thinking I should change my board name to "Royalty Robert"

Mmmm! Trenches!!!:sha:

air up the rear tires!!

48 minutes ago, Air450 said:

Mmmm! Trenches!!!:sha:

That's what our cars were built for! 1-2' deep whoops? Tell me when they get to 4-5'.

I'm heading out tomorrow morning

(Xmas eve) if someone could chime in on the most current conditions of the roads from maricopa to gila bend and also ogilby road that would be cool. Thx

The sand is wet deep down, so the tracks we are laying down are gonna be there a while. Good sliding sand, cool and overcast now. Predicting more rain later today, so gotta go lay down some more before it gets here. Merry Christmas. :igar:

IMG_0022.JPG

Very cool pic

17 hours ago, Roaddog said:

Lots of rain last night. Dunes are nice right now, but sand is wet. 

IMG_0040.JPG

Oh boy! Brad is gonna be cleaning his car for hours!

bunk..............the last time is was wet like this (for us at least) was New Years 2 years ago I think.........and I broke a spindle and a spindle link on that trip!

I have since replaced the whole front end with (better) quality parts (Tweed combos and arms). Should be some canyons in the bowls behind Olds by the time we get there next week!

Edited by spize909

17 minutes ago, 4wdBoss said:

In the upper left corner under comm center, choose El Centro, or Indio, they will give you road conditions from Blythe to Glamis, and I-8 and Ogilby Rd. Can't help with Az.

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/Traffic.aspx

The Arizona side should be fine. According to the Zonies, California has all the trouble. Arizona is perfect.  :popcorn:

That is true though

With that much rain already and what is coming it looks like it is going to be a sloppy mess for quite a while. May be crappy for a month.

Tonight
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 51. Breezy, with a south wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then a chance of showers. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 57. Windy, with a west southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

23 hours ago, mellen_mpz says

Be greatful this isn't a big weekend.   I remember 7 or 8 years ago it rained hard right before the masses got there for t-day.  The sand was wet several inches deep and was more tore up than Ive ever seen.   1-2' trenches everywhere.   It was tough getting to olds in our King Cars.      

This isn't a big weekend ?? Really..

Luckily we were out there last Saturday after Friday's big 50 mph blow... enjoy...  pic #1 , From sitting in the trailer half the day and all night Friday to watching the wind die to Saturday morning #2,3,4,

perfect duning X2. It's all about the right place at the right time !. Or shall I say, just the right TIME !!!!!. We all know Glamis is the place !.

IMG_20161217_145609912_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161217_145614474_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161217_145540721_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161216_154619199_HDR.jpg

OOp's pics are #4 to #1 sorry...

Yeah I guess you're right, but this past week wont be as busy at this coming week so hopefully it will dry out.  I was there last weekend as well.   One of my worst trips ever.   Car wasn't running right and the wind blew the whole damn time. 

6 minutes ago, sandhammerer said:

This isn't a big weekend ?? Really..

Luckily we were out there last Saturday after Friday's big 50 mph blow... enjoy...  pic #1 , From sitting in the trailer half the day and all night Friday to watching the wind die to Saturday morning #2,3,4,

perfect duning X2. It's all about the right place at the right time !. Or shall I say, just the right TIME !!!!!. We all know Glamis is the place !.

IMG_20161217_145609912_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161217_145614474_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161217_145540721_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161216_154619199_HDR.jpg

Wish I wouldn't have broke and missed it.

Come on guy's just sell those high HP unreliable Subies and switch for the reliable LS es es's   !.....