bryan1

How to file a BLM complaint?

Driving out gecko on Friday night over Halloween with my wife and 3 little boys in the truck.  The tags on my 2015 super duty are expired waiting on smog. (Paid, just needed smog. Shows pending when ran) No problem, I already know why their pulling me over and I accept that. So I pull off to the right roll the two front windows down and wait for the officer to walk to the window. The officer approaches on the passenger side, stops just shy of the cab and hits the rear passenger window with his flash light hard enough that I thought for a second he broke it and my 3 year old who is in his car seat right there starts screaming and crying.  Officer then screamed at me to open that window. I do and he proceeds to yell through the window (my little one full on scared as hell at this point). So what do I do? I roll the window back up and scream at him if he wants to talk to me to come to the front fu..ing window. 

He comes to the windo and some words are exchanged reguarding his hitting my 70k veichle where my baby is sitting for absolutely no reason   Long story short I tell him to give me a ticket for the registration and I will be filing a complaint. 

Here is the problem. I have sent several unreturned emails to the BLM and searched to find out just exactly how to file that complaint with no answers  

can someone please tell me how to file a complaint? This will never end if we don't all stop accepting this behavior. 

Edited by bryan1
Still learning to spell. Lol

I haven't used this number in a while, hope it still works

BLM Complaint/Commendation line  760-337-4471

file your complaint with imperial county sheriff. will do you more good. Imperial county allows BLM to have too many powers in their jurisdiction. That woman at the BLM doesn't do crap to control her officers

go on facebook and post it so the Neil Hammada sees it....and request he contact you....just saw a post on facebook by him with pics of glamis...

17 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

file your complaint with imperial county sheriff. will do you more good. Imperial county allows BLM to have too many powers in their jurisdiction. That woman at the BLM doesn't do crap to control her officers

4 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

go on facebook and post it so the Neil Hammada sees it....and request he contact you....just saw a post on facebook by him with pics of glamis...

Both are very good options.  Neil Hammada has been very good to us over the years

Please follow thru and post the end result if any.

Duners need to make noise on crap like this.

2 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

I am on Facebook but don't know how to post so he sees it.

I absolutely will be following through. We all pay money to be out there and when doing nothing wrong should not put up with this.  I have put up with this behavior several times over the years and will not be doing it any longer. 

8 minutes ago, bryan1 said:

I am on Facebook but don't know how to post so he sees it.

I absolutely will be following through. We all pay money to be out there and when doing nothing wrong should not put up with this.  I have put up with this behavior several times over the years and will not be doing it any longer. 

It sux what happen but you say you didn't do any thing wrong, in your first post you say that your Tags are Expired  

Search

Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area

It should allow you to post...a comment...I'm sure Neil will see it...  I guess you could send a message...

39 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

It sux what happen but you say you didn't do any thing wrong, in your first post you say that your Tags are Expired  

He said his tags were bad in his first post and also said he knew why he was being pulled over. His problem is with the BLM cracking his flashlight against a window where his kid is sitting in a car seat. 

...which is why I always lower all the windows in my truck...especially at night....even at the BP checkpoint.

Expired tags ?????

Why put your family in that position in the first place ?

You should be searching for "what to do when I get pulled over by the police recommendations" instead of complaining to the BLM.

You have no valid complaint in my opinion.

So you paid your reg but are waiting for smog???  In my eyes you are a hardened criminal.  The copper should have pulled you and the crying kid out of the car and had him and his buddies beat you. Get your life back on track sir. 

On 1/1/2017 at 6:54 PM, old flatty said:

...which is why I always lower all the windows in my truck...especially at night....even at the BP checkpoint.

Expired tags ?????

You should be searching for "what to do when I get pulled over by the police recommendations" instead of complaining to the BLM.

Wow, maybe you should re-read my original post..  the registration was paid. I hadn't received the tags yet because of needing to smog a 1 year old truck that I bought new right here in ca. 

Maybe I'm new to life as a bad ass criminal but I had absolutely no reason to roll all 4 of my windows down. My truck doesn't even have aftermarket tint on it and none of my kids (who are all under 10) were packing heat that night  

What code says I must roll every window in the truck down for a traffic stop?

Your comment about me putting my family in a position is laughable. 

My problem isn't the ticket, have zero complaints about that, even told him to go ahead and write me one and that I would take care of it. Which he did and I have. My problem is him hitting my truck at all but especially with my 3 year old IN A CAR SEAT HE COULD SEE THROUGH THE WINDOW and then proceeding to yell knowing there is a child right there.  

You may be ok with BLM acting like we live in North Korea, I will not tolarate anything byond respectfully enforcing legimite laws.  

Edited by bryan1
Cause I cant spell

23 hours ago, old flatty said:

Expired tags ?????

Did you forget to add the smiley face or are you serious? 

Also thank you for all the suggestions. I will follow up on them all when I'm in the office tomorrow.  

Remember there are all levels of folks on gd.com....some take life a little lighter, some are more serious but we can all get along...thanks

On 1/1/2017 at 8:54 PM, old flatty said:

Expired tags ?????

100% agree. ^^^^^^^^ X2 

Put yourself in the officers shoes for just a moment. Ya,I get the part about his hitting your window but no harm was done.You rolled down the front windows yet left the rear up. You refused to open it.  Hmmmm,maybe,just maybe ,he didn't know you were an upstanding citizen. Maybe,just maybe,he was/is justified in wanting you to roll the window down for his own protection . Maybe,just maybe, you need to be a bit more cooperative and a bit less confrontational when dealing with LEO. Hell,he might have even let you off without a ticket if you had been. Maybe,respect is a 2 way street. Maybe???

Edited by fabr
I'm a dumbass that didn't read earlier post..............

Just curious...

you say it's a 70K ford crew cab. Did you custom order it and specify no factory tint on the rear windows??

because if not, I have not seen a ford crew above an XLT that did not come w factory tint on the rear.

pretty sure you've had your truck two years btw. Truck is actually 2.5 years old. CA DMV does in fact do diesel smog every other registration. (Every two years of ownership)

What model ford is it?

12 hours ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

Just curious...

you say it's a 70K ford crew cab. Did you custom order it and specify no factory tint on the rear windows??

because if not, I have not seen a ford crew above an XLT that did not come w factory tint on the rear.

pretty sure you've had your truck two years btw. Truck is actually 2.5 years old. CA DMV does in fact do diesel smog every other registration. (Every two years of ownership)

What model ford is it?

It was a custom ordered lariat. (I do not like the platinum or the king ranch) Yes the rear is tinted.... factory tint that you can see through during the day and with a simple flash light at night, let alone all of the LEDs on his car lighting the entire truck up. Yes it is a 2015 and this was I suppose the second go round for registration.  It now has two stickers on the plate. 

At any rate just so everyone knows, there was not one word said before he hit the window. Had he just said "driver please open the rear windows" I would have gladly done it.  I did open it after he hit it but rolled it back up as I did not feel it nessary for him to stand next to MY 3 YEAR OLD and shout.  So of corse by the time he finally can to the window I was irritated. To be clear he did not say anything about my rolling the windo back up when we talked.   So I handed him the registration, insurance, and my license and said "I know the tags are expired but if you run it, it is registered". To which he responded "yeah I know". At that point I said "if you wanna just write me a ticket I will take care of it and be on my way".  I don't need to say anything else or be all nice.   You do your job, I'll do mine.  Yes you gentlemen are correct, respect is a two way street.  With traffic going both directions.  

Everyone sees things different, I just don't think BLM needs to act in this manor.  They are there to protect and serve not harass and abuse. Writing me a ticket is his job, no problem with that.  I don't want and don't look to be "let off" when I'm pulled over.  If I did it I will sign the ticket and be on my way, if I didn't I will politely disagree and let my attorney handle it in court if need be.

I spoke to two of my Leo friends this evening who both say he was out of line.  One is swat in oc so I would think he would know how to react to any given situation and trust that he would be honest if he felt I was out of line  

Hope everyone has a good night.  I will do what I feel is appropriate and will sleep well knowing that we live in an amazing country with a checks and balances system that we should all use.

Edited by bryan1

Seems to me that I'd just let this go. Lot bigger fish to fry and it's a lot easier getting the fire hot if not wasting effort on gathering excess kindling instead of firewood. Relatively minor stuff just takes attention away from the real issues.

29 minutes ago, fabr said:

Seems to me that I'd just let this go. Lot bigger fish to fry and it's a lot easier getting the fire hot if not wasting effort on gathering excess kindling instead of firewood. Relatively minor stuff just takes attention away from the real issues.

Seems to him the actual person who felt that the BLM Officer didn't need to make his 3 year old kid cry that it is not worth dropping. Weather you or I feel that it is worth the time and trouble to go thru with the complaint is irrelevant.  If for what ever reason somebody feels the need to make a compliant they need to and need not to be seconded guessed by people a 1000 miles away. 

Well,you are entitled to your opinion same as I am , but when people complain about minor things ,all complaints will naturally begin to  fall on deaf ears. Is that what we/you want? Or do we want improvement. I guarantee you that the people in charge will dismiss this complaint as just another person with an attitude (it shows in this thread) bitching about basically nothing. Would I have appreciated LEO tapping/hitting my window? No. Would I have rolled it back up after being instructed to roll it down? No. Would I have gotten into a minor confrontation with the LEO over it in front of my kids? No. Would you? I hope not. Would I lodge a complaint based on what/how it is presented here. No way in hell. FWIW,I sympathize with the OP's feelings on this but,if he had handled it better he might have a chance of  his complaint being given serious consideration. Of course,it is the OP's priveledge to do whatever he wishes but he shouldn't be surprised if he gets no satisfaction  either. Just my $.02.

Complain to the sheriff and the BLM and log it. 

I called the BLM office to ask how federal officers are allowed to enforce county law, and besides the fact I was treated with all the respect of a criminal, the BLM agents are deputized by the sheriff to enforce county laws.

Since the local BLM management does not seem to take tax payer/citizen complaints seriously (we know this by the continued harassment and violations of our rights during "contacts"), we need to start complaining to the county sheriff and/the county management to get their deputization revoked or have them removed from the state land management like in Utah and Nevada. 

...And Faber since you like the BLM harassment so much why don't you bring your family out here and get yourself some before you start blindly defending their actions.

Imperial county newspapers are not big fans of the blm too. Op ed? Or letter to editor

I'm not defending them. I'm saying the way people conduct themselves has a lot to do with how the overall contact experience will turn out.