Ivanvent

Hayabusa rail or sxs

For the prices rzrs are going for now I'm really looking into a hayabusa mini two seater. I've seen some nice ones In the low teens. I was just curious if anyone had some experience when comparing the two. Thanks. This is something similar to what I'm looking for

IMG_0584.PNG

That's funny I actually thought about selling my RZR and buying this car. I really miss my King Sand Car

The question first is what do you want to do Sand or the hard pack?

if your only going to do Glamis or Dumont I would do the Hyabusa rail. The adrenaline rush that you get from the rail is what I miss the most. And you can do some hard pack with the rail. 

Now if you mostly do the hard pack then I would be looking into any of the SXS's they are all very capable machines. You can blast down the trails and then go rock crawling with it.

One of the best times I've had with the XP900 was at Calico after 3 days of riding we had a average speed of 15mph. 

Almost all if not all would be In the sand. Thanks for the input 

I had one, a Larry Short car. What image, and memories comes to mind is that of Wiley Coyote sitting on a rocket.

After owning the above said car... I would really look at the king car. IMO the king car handles much better. 

There is no comparison between a RZR and a busa rail in the sand.  If your looking for used, stay away from short, sick, sand bullet and most home built, they are more problems than they're worth. King has issues with their K drive breaking motor mounts, but can be fixed and reinforced....

i have a buddy who is selling a white King car. it is a huge step up from a sxs in the sand.

mikejimenez6_Oct_15_21_55_e1b56f0d.jpg

Edited by McGruff38

If this one has the Tom pro reverse box then it may already have the reinforced motor mounts. Should be good to go

The rail does have the tom pro reverse box installed on it

I'm really looking at the kings cars at this point. Is there anyone wth experience with them compared to the sxs like xpt or x3? 

That car you're looking at was my car I bought it from dirtbike guy

Don't forget the Taz cars. Back in the day Sand Addiction did a small car shootout and the Taz came out on top. Not saying the Kings and Tom Pros aren't great cars. Just don't buy a snowmobile powered car. If this car  is still available you can't go wrong. Neal bought the frame rights from Joe at Sand Limo and these were awesome cars. The Ecotech is the motor you want in one.

Here is a video  of a Taz car. Second in the group. The only drawback is if you run very hard for a long period it will kill a belt. This is an incar of a Taz car and the belt toasted on this run. That one run didn't kill it but finished it off.

Edited to add: That car had the stock Ecotech which I believe is 180hp.

Edited by onanysunday

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, yoshi said:

There is no comparison between a RZR and a busa rail in the sand.  If your looking for used, stay away from short, sick, sand bullet and most home built, they are more problems than they're worth. King has issues with their K drive breaking motor mounts, but can be fixed and reinforced....

EXACTLY !  I had a buddy that had a Sick Sandcar and wow.  I was not impressed at all with how they were built.  We had to redesign and make new front A-Arms.  crazy those cars sold so many.    Although I cant agree with the Homebuilt ones..:sha:

45 minutes ago, Jd101g said:

Bro

Scoping out all the options out there bro lol

1 hour ago, stetler said:

EXACTLY !  I had a buddy that had a Sick Sandcar and wow.  I was not impressed at all with how they were built.  We had to redesign and make new front A-Arms.  crazy those cars sold so many.    Although I cant agree with the Homebuilt ones..:sha:

I've read nothing but positive things about king and Tom pro. I dont really see Tom pro up for sale much though

I agree

11 hours ago, stetler said:

Although I cant agree with the Homebuilt ones..:sha:

I said "most"...:sha:

Edited by yoshi

Is king still building cars?

He might in his spare time. Good luck on getting ahold of him 

Not that I am aware of if he is maybe someone can chime in. But either way I wasn't looking to spend 35k quite yet lol

21 hours ago, MQUnlimited said:

Is king still building cars?

His site has been down for a really long time and I don't know of any new builds from him in years...

On 2/25/2017 at 5:21 PM, onanysunday said:

Don't forget the Taz cars. Back in the day Sand Addiction did a small car shootout and the Taz came out on top. Not saying the Kings and Tom Pros aren't great cars. Just don't buy a snowmobile powered car. If this car  is still available you can't go wrong. Neal bought the frame rights from Joe at Sand Limo and these were awesome cars. The Ecotech is the motor you want in one.

Whats wrong with a snowmobile powered mini rail?

You have seen my wife's rail built by Jsay at Desert Dog Off Road that is powered by a Yamaha R1 snowmobile motor that is turbo'ed run for many years...Heck she has pulled out that other Taz car several times.

It out handles the Taz car and has better HP to weight ratio then the Taz....Tac cars have a belt breaking issue that will then take out the CV.

Have only broken 6 belts on my wife'scar in 13 years and 4 were because they sat all summer on the car in my trailer with AZ temps inside over 150*.

And I'll be listing my wife's car soon as it looks like her medical condition will not allow her to drive any longer....