L.R.S.

New aluminum body by KATG Motorsports

The new hood looks very nice and now you will have much better visibility.

Great work. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Super Hunky said:

Jeff have you held the new headers up where they go? I have a feeling you will need to remodel that tube angling down towards the rear. Car really does look a lot better..Kinda like a high dollar ride should look..

Here's a picture of when they were on my car..

I held one up to it today and they're probably not going to fit my chassis.  I really don't want to cut that engine mount bar out but I really want to run the pipes I got from you so I'll look closely on how to make it work for me.

33 minutes ago, pissedoffbeetle said:

Looks great. How is he on price?

No complaints on the price.  Adam gave me a cost up front and as we got more into it and changed/added things to the original work scope he let me know where we were on price.  In fact the price was so good and under my budget I asked him to go ahead and add the light in the hood and make a new rear light box. 

I would say..dismount your existing headers and put the new ones up where they go to really see what's in the way and remember that it wasn't that long ago when everyone said that you can't put doors in dune buggies..Those are some very expensive pipes and it would be a shame not to make it work...

What a deference the car looks so much modern now. Congrats.

Car looks awesome- question since the sides of the car are raised- most people sit their ass on the sides to slide in- since the midbar is so low how is the aluminum gonna hold up? or do you not let your ass push any weight on it?

Awesome Jeff!

Get that thing in the sand or desert and give me a nice 3/4 view shot with nothing around so I can that sign done for you.

:cheers:

Awesome workmanship!

3 hours ago, suzukiriderx199 said:

Car looks awesome- question since the sides of the car are raised- most people sit their ass on the sides to slide in- since the midbar is so low how is the aluminum gonna hold up? or do you not let your ass push any weight on it?

I was concerned about that too but I have climbed in/out of the car several times now and the raised side panels will support my weight. The way KATG built them they are realy strong.

1 minute ago, L.R.S. said:

I was concerned about that too but I have climbed in/out of the car several times now and the raised side panels will support my weight. The way KATG built them they are realy strong.

Awesome!!

3 hours ago, dbart said:

Awesome Jeff!

Get that thing in the sand or desert and give me a nice 3/4 view shot with nothing around so I can that sign done for you.

:cheers:

Right on! I'll get some pics when we go out for Easter week and send them to you.

On 4/2/2017 at 0:50 AM, L.R.S. said:

5.jpeg

Lots of Cad work going on there (cardboard aided design) lol.  I couldn't imagine going back to designing stuff like that. I've gotten so spoiled with a laser scanner and solidworks that i can't build anything till it's fully modeled and files can be sent to the cnc cutter...

Edited by yoshi

To be honest, I though the big ass old hood looked like shit and did nothing but bad things for the look of the car. The new hood and panels are sooooo much better and look amazing.  That's some killer work coming out of that shop.:thumbup:

Wow...what a difference! Very nice work!

~jw

19 minutes ago, Jetjock15 said:

Look Awesome!! 

Thanks bro.  I see Adam has your car now...

It's been almost a year since KATG Motorsports did the new body on my car.  I still haven't installed my new LS7 with the dry sump so I have not taken it back to Adam to do the engine tins.  But I will!  I finally made some time to remove the blue paint off the windshield (took effing forever).  I bought and installed this windshield before having Adam do the rest of the body and he made it work with his design.

20171221_150124.jpg

48026.jpeg

20180213_173332(0).jpg

Definitely looks nice! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like done. It really modernizes the car.

How was Glamis, looks like you were out last week.

Looks bitchen Jeff!

Wow it looks great. Nice car. 

Super nice! I didn't even see this thread until now. Congrats Jefe! Bet once that LS7 goes in and you finish it off, it will be a whole other animal.