toyota-trasher

Beadlock rookie

I have a rzr that the previous owner had OMF beadlocks installed on the stock wheels,

I'm getting new tires soon, since there is beadlocks can I install the new tires at home without using  a tire machine installer thingamajig?

Thanks GD

I always did my own on Jeeps, can't imagine it would be different. 

Beadlocks on both sides?  If so should be pretty easy.  My MX quad tires had beadlocks only on one side and the inside bead was not easy to break.

Harbor Freight. Bead breaker is $49, tire changer is $44. I have the tire changer, but it isn't as good of a bead breaker. 

image_25063.jpg

image_25731.jpg

The bead breaker is what I had to use on mine. One tire was easy as can be the other one I thought I was going to break the bead breaker. 

If you want to make it a little easier when your using the bead breake. Use some dish soap or soapy water around the bead. Just work the tool a little so it gets in between the rim and tire. It will also help on seating the bead as well. 

I always wanted to try this  

19 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

If you want to make it a little easier when your using the bead breake. Use some dish soap or soapy water around the bead. Just work the tool a little so it gets in between the rim and tire. It will also help on seating the bead as well. 

:lmao:

Sorry! :ban::dbart:  <-------<<

3 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

Experience, technique, and patience helps with atv tires. Get little bites at a time, instead of big sections. Doing the correct side of the rim first helps a lot. I have saved a lot of money over the years doing it myself. If I was only going to do it a couple of times, I would of just taken it somewhere. When breaking the bead, lots of soapy water, and work around the tire multiple times, if its tough to break. A little pressure, move over a couple inches, a little pressure, move over a couple of inches, go around the tire multiple times if necessary to break the bead. They have Youtube videos for Harbor Freight bead breakers.

The Discount Tire by my house has popped beads for me for free.

I have used a old truck brake drum that was just larger than the rim and used the trailers hydraulic landing gear to push the bead off works great better than a tire machine

I have done a bunch of tire swaps at home on my beadlock wheels. I take the pressure out, put the wheel and tire under my truck hitch, use a small bottle jack to push the bead off. Then unbolt the beadlock ring and easily pull the tire off. I also like to soap the bead to help it pop off. I have done everything from golf cart tires up to 35" tires.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, Kraut_n_Rice said:

The Discount Tire by my house has popped beads for me for free.

This is what I always do. I leave the beadlock on, they break the backside bead, then I take it home and take off the beadlock and it falls right off.

Thanks for all the input guys, I decided to have the local shop do it.