Sign in to follow this  
Sndsamplr

A bad day for this guy

I was setting a meter this morning and a person came up to me and told me there was an owl that was in bad shape at the entrance to the park. I went to check him out, and a raven was beating the crap out of him. I got the raven away, and hung out with the guy for a little bit until  project wildlife showed up. I Hope he is going to be OK, and that Raven kept about 50 feet away from me waiting For me to leave . I didn't leave. 

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

Thank you for being there to help :hug: that owl is gorgeous!!!  I sure hope he makes it.  Looks young..  :ken: the Raven  

I called project wildlife today and it looks like our little Owl is going to make it. I'm going to go down and check on him this weekend. On another note, I work in meter boxes and meter vaults every single day, I've seen  every kind of bug and critter there is. But today I saw the largest black widow I've ever seen, and I've seen thousands of them. Her butt was nearly the size of a dime. She was underneath the meter box lid when I took it off, and it scared the crap out of me. 

IMG_3153.JPG

Thats soo whoooo take some pic. of that owl when u see it this weekend 

Ravens make good targets.......just sayin.....I mean I would never shoot one of the those worthless POS birds...That owl looks beat down...hope it grows up and eats that ravens kids..........

ps....I don't like Ravens......

Edited by realbadlarry

13 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

Ravens make good targets.......just sayin.....I mean I would never shoot one of the those worthless POS birds...That owl looks beat down...hope it grows up and eats that ravens kids..........

ps....I don't like Ravens......

as you ponder weak and weary... nevermore... 

Nice little Hooter, glad you helped him out :thumbup:

OK Edgar...........

17 hours ago, Sndsamplr said:

I called project wildlife today and it looks like our little Owl is going to make it. I'm going to go down and check on him this weekend. On another note, I work in meter boxes and meter vaults every single day, I've seen  every kind of bug and critter there is. But today I saw the largest black widow I've ever seen, and I've seen thousands of them. Her butt was nearly the size of a dime. She was underneath the meter box lid when I took it off, and it scared the crap out of me. 

IMG_3153.JPG

OMG...  No Thank You

Nice rescue on the owl!  They are such beautiful creatures!!

Great deal with the owl!

I sure hope you squashed that bitch with your boot!

way to be there for Mr. Owl  .........

well done !

I talked to project wildlife today, Mr. Owl is still with us. However, I asked if I could come down and see him this weekend, and the lady said they won't allow the public to see him, bummed me out. But, sounds like he is going to make it. They also said they will release him within a two mile radius from where I found him. I want to be there for that. 

nicely done oldtimer

Great owl Story...Love it  :sraptor:

found this one on my desk this morning. scary spider

20170519_121053.jpg

Cola, that just freaked Slap out.  Even Mrs. McDuner let one go; had to light a match

20 minutes ago, Slappy said:

Cola, that just freaked Slap out.  Even Mrs. McDuner let one go; had to light a match

I just spit out my tea. 

I checked on our little guy today, and they said they had to put him down. I asked them why and they said he had pox, which was strange, because it look like he got hit by something. So, he didn't make it. That's too bad 

Bummer. I was hoping for flying away pictures. We have tried nurse numerous wildlife back to health sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

We have a nest in the hollow of a big tree on our place. We keep checking on them. I will start calling them Rob and Robby. 

On 5/10/2017 at 9:09 AM, WLD-OTZ said:

as you ponder weak and weary... nevermore... 

1425989491332.jpg

Poor Owl. I also hate the ravens/crows. They have taken over neighborhoods. They are constantly chasing the doves and Red-tail hawks around here.

That was cool that you tried to help that guy just to bad that you didn't get a chance to ask  him how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop....

He did say 3 dadscab... Lol...