Sign in to follow this  
Romans9

Before everything was politics people actually had a sense of humor

Edited by Romans9

Political correctness will ruin this country.

It already has in many places.  Loved Bugs growing up.  Cartoons today suck azz.

I grew up watching all the looney tunes cartoons, they were the best. I somehow must be a racist now. 

Oh wait, its because I'm a white, that's what makes me racist. At least that seems to be the view that's spreading across this country.

Its all :bs:

That's it! I'm calling for all Yosemite Sam memorabilia to be burned and erased from history. I'm going to leave the house and apologize to every rabbit I meet for his actions. Furry lives matter!!! :hypno:

Yosemite Sam will now burn in hell with the Dukes of Hazard. Uncle Jesse and Biss Hogg are rolling over in their graves. 

Love Bugs bunny. That was back when cartoons actually where made for all ages and to make everyone laugh. That was long before people spent most of their time looking for things to be butt hurt about. 

Miss these.

Always watched these. Wasn't till I was older that I realized what they were referring to.  My parents would sit and watch with me. I would laugh and the dumb stuff and they would laugh at the dialogue.  I have young kids and they laugh when watching cartoons and I don't.  

They are some cartoons like Sponge Bob that have some adult humor but not always.

11 minutes ago, sinverguenza said:

Always watched these. Wasn't till I was older that I realized what they were referring to.  My parents would sit and watch with me. I would laugh and the dumb stuff and they would laugh at the dialogue.  I have young kids and they laugh when watching cartoons and I don't.  

They are some cartoons like Sponge Bob that have some adult humor but not always.

Old day cartoons were kinda for everybody. Even way back in the war era, they were used as light propaganda to get subtle soscial points across to the general public. Kids thought they were cool and parents like “Ward and June” got the message. Today we can’t even say anything to each other without someone ass getting offended. Yet I’ll bet like everyone here, you can go and peaceably talk to the guy across the street who you don’t know and be civil. It’s all the online stuff where people have become animals and decided no one is more important than they themselves. 

Funny this got bumped. This morning my daughter was watching a cartoon. In the cartoon a duckling was fetching sticks barking and chasing squirrels like a dog  the other ducks wouldnt have him, but the noble dogs told him it didnt matter if he wanted to be a dog, he could regardless of the fact he was a duck 🙄

there is another show on kpbs i cant stand my kids watching  its a bald kid and you cant tell if its a girl or boy, its mom and dad look the same, and basically there is no point to the show and the kid is kind of a dumbass. 

Nope. There would be riots.

How about Archie Bunker? Great show. If they did a remake it would have to be on HBO or Showtime.

Network TV is so boring, I never watch anything on network tv anymore....been years.

If you want anything that has an edge or stands any ground, you have to go to paid for content. Cable, Dish or Subscription.

14 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Network TV is so boring, I never watch anything on network tv anymore....been years.

If you want anything that has an edge or stands any ground, you have to go to paid for content. Cable, Dish or Subscription.

True the only thing I watch on CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox is football. There are only 2 shows I watch GOT and Better Call Saul, they both end this year. I wish Crieg Furguson was still on.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:49 AM, SANDPSYCHO said:

True the only thing I watch on CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox is football. There are only 2 shows I watch GOT and Better Call Saul, they both end this year. I wish Crieg Furguson was still on.

Better Call Saul ends this year? Love that show.

Ok...then I can start watching Breaking Bad! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dbart said:

Better Call Saul ends this year? Love that show.

Ok...then I can start watching Breaking Bad! 

The creators said they don't want the show to be on longer then Breaking Bad. If they count season then this is it. If they count episodes then we might have a few more season being they are only 10 episodes. GOT is said to be 6 episodes so we have maybe 16 hours of TV worth watching. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

Good news everyone...90210 is coming back! :oto:

We can thank our Lucky Stars that beeyotch, What's her face with the Rock Biter teeth..Brenda or whatever is coming back!

:simrak:

:lmao:

On 2/28/2019 at 8:14 AM, TD said:

Nope. There would be riots.

How about Archie Bunker? Great show. If they did a remake it would have to be on HBO or Showtime.

It was live on Network TV actually...original script and liberal Hollywood didn't even burst into flames.

20 minutes ago, dbart said:

We can thank our Lucky Stars that beeyotch, What's her face with the Rock Biter teeth..Brenda or whatever is coming back!

I will watch just as many new episodes as I did old episodes. 

14 hours ago, dbart said:

It's going to be a riot.... I mean 90210 combined with weekend at Bernnie's.... 

Think of the kids hanging out at the Peach thing with good ole Dylan..... Pure Comedy gold