Rage.jpg

I'm normally a happy go lucky guy, but i'm beyond the point of being burned out. Need to find my peace of mind again - not even sure what that means.

What do YOU do to get your peace of mind back?

yeah, yeah....it takes time, nothing besides drugs and other vices to get that instant euphoria....what have you done?

thanks,

:crusty:

To be fair, I'll say that the heart of my angst is something that can't be fixed - health of my oldest child. Her issues will never go away ad we came to terms with that years ago, it is simply the progression that we know is inevitable. I'm not afraid that tomorrow is the end, it is simply the amount of mental olympics it takes to deal with this and ALL the NORMAL :bs: that actually drains me 1000x's worse.

I can't blame things beyond our control....you just deal with it.....you have no other choice in my mind.

But dealing with dip-shits who don't do their jobs, ignorant eff's who are full of bias and having to deal with THAT that has me at wits end.

I found an old love in a hobby... got back into rc racing and a steady schedule. It gets my mind off the daily grind of life and it's just plain fun. I gives my mind a workout too, rebuilding things and wrenching without being in a rush or time crunch, totally de-stressed. I can't attempt to know what you're feeling but know that I was in a pretty dark place and having something else to focus on helped.

Edited by Orange_R

Get 1 hour extra of sleep per night, go down and get a massage,  meditate 10 minutes a day in a quite place, have sex regularly ( try something new), stay sober during the week but hit it hard Friday and Saturday,  don't sit down after work- get up excersise and go for a walk or do something you don't normally do, stay away from energy drinks, eat healthier and shock your body,  take vitamin b-12 Or a daily supplement, get a tattoo to express yourself and endure some pain, take a look at someone else that is much less fortunate to realize you really don't have it that bad, look at your family and smile say I Love You, last  take a hot shower shave up and put some cologne on. LOOK GOOD - FEEL GOOD

I let it build up. Then blow it out in the dunes!

Church is a great place to put things in perspective  ..

Agree with communing with gd, but I love the Great outdoors (Off Road Challenges) and in the Ocean on a Coral Reef (SCUBA) with my Camera! Hobbies are cool too (My Grandson has gotten me into Lapidary) and we have combined Rockhounding with our Off Roading for tons of fun! You have to, as the song says, Work hard, play Hard, and have fun!

Sorry your having this rough patch Crusty. Life is hard enough to navigate most of the time, having a kid that needs extra help and attention adds more mental stress than most people could comprehend.  We all go through our day-to-day lives  with our hopes and with our fears never understanding the other guys hopes and fears. I'm not sure of your situation but I'm aware of one my kid will be facing. The world tough, it is full of assholes, judging, staring, and making rude comments, maybe trying to snap a picture. Eff them all.  All we can do as parents is be strong for the family , provide the love, the shelter and the understanding. Do anything and everything that brings the family together, do what you can to share a smile and a laugh. I don't always have a positive attitude around the house but when I do I see it trickle down to my wife and kids and we all seem a little happier. When you get to that point where you feel like you just can't catch a break stand firm, pray for guidance and hold the course. We were all given our lives and were chosen by God to raise the family he gave us because we are the ones who would do the best job for them. It's all peaks and valleys my friend, stand strong. 

Get a motorcycle and come on some rides with me in the wilderness. This has been the best therapy for me in the last 5 years. Sorry you are going through a rough patch.

Things always seem to work out. Maybe not always the way you intend for it to, but they work out. Let go of some of the controlling thoughts and just let things happen with a lighter grip on life.

Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

Meditation is great. Sit still and just monitor your breaths. Don't breath deep or do anything forced. Just stop what you are doing when you feel overwhelmed, go to a quiet place for 10 minutes and focus on your breaths. It's amazing what come from that simple action. 

Stay strong.

Edited by ahipara 55

Appreciate the words shared.

This little rainbow came across my phone and made me smile. This ugly guy won the race, if he can....so can I.

IMG_6160.jpg

"Simplicity" is all i need right now. 

I commend you on being a great father and husband. 

Look in the mirror and be proud of yourself. Your doing a great job.

here if you need anything.

Let's go back to Yosemite. 

Take time to smell the flowers..

Adversity creates strength. Stay positive. Hug the little one for us..

1 hour ago, Grease Monkey said:

I commend you on being a great father and husband. 

Look in the mirror and be proud of yourself. Your doing a great job.

here if you need anything.

^^^^^ He is 100% RIGHT! It's TRUE!

GUYS that do not give a crap never stress out.

I catch myself getting too concerned about the world or my local issues.

At that moment I realize that I'm going over board and I need to say FTW and calm down and tend to my family even more so.

You a good man Charlie Brown.

I'm your Huckleberry. Eff yeah, get pissed, throw some shiat, it doesn't mean you don't know how lucky you are. You're supposed to feel like ripping the fin off a new born dolphin on occasion, it's that spot on barometer that allows you to appreciate the good shiat.

Now buck the hell up youngster, my willingness to help you dispose of a body if needed is a gift few know. 

You is smart.

You is kind.

You is important.

On a simple note that doesn't take your already limited time away from your family, listen to Audio Books on your commute. An ability to escape your current place/time/mood can be found in well written stories. A brief journey into another world helps you reset and put the soul back in. 

My vice to reset is a simple camping.  Find a place with no cell coverage, do a bit of outdoor activities and sit around the fire at night.  For me getting away from the daily grind of emails, cell phones, and TV clears my mind quickly and resets me.  If that doesn't work, head down to the DMV, this always builds my self esteem up......lol

Edited by Cookie

Sometimes you just have to pull your pants down and slide on the ice. The simplest thing will help more than the best plans ever will.  When you find that thing that will give you the reset you are in much need of you won't even know it until the transformation has been completed. The reset is coming you will be shocked, surprised and amazed when it comes completely incognito. Stay tuned.

Back in the early 80s I used to date this black chick, her nick name was Tootie. Tootie  went to a private  all girls school. Everytime I had a problem she knew right what to do, she would sing to relax me. It went something like..... You take the good you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life, the facts of life, Call me if you want me to sing it to you, I have a nice voice. :lol:

:rotf:

That was good....all great suggestions and some really good pm msgs.

Thanks dune bros

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 at 1:07 PM, ahipara 55 said:

Get a motorcycle and come on some rides with me in the wilderness. This has been the best therapy for me in the last 5 years. 

X2  A little escape for a few hours or a few days does wonders for your perspective on things.