Sign in to follow this  
BaBaBouy

What was that?

If you tuned in early to the NFL season opener you may have seen an interview / infomercial with some "musician - producer" dude that made a song called Shock and awe. What was that? It seemed like it was sponsored by the NFL or at least had some sort of approval.

The song in my opinion was a piece of shiat but regardless, why was it even there? I assume the NFL is envolved with the artist as NFL footage was used in the video.

I guess this could be a "get off my lawn" moment by a pasty fossil but I did make a decision last night that I won't be buying the NFL Ticket season pass this year. Not really a protest or even motivation for me to contact the NFL and tell them why, I just don't care. The want or need to buy their product has been matched by the things I don't care for. Social justice and cultural coddling are already available to me via virtually any media outlet, paying for yet more of the same doesn't interest me. 

I'll watch some games if available through regular media and I'm not busy but I don't see myself physically going to games or financially supporting the league. I guess I'm taking a knee during this season, sad but I can't take one more politically correct dialog regarding NFL teams per league rules having to interview at least one minority head coach for an open job. One more NFL self diatribe regarding racism and how "we need to improve" about a business that employs well over 70% minorities is one too many.

Just a little whining, sad thing is not caring enough about a sport I played and grew up with to throw out a full blown rant.  

Let's go see some Hockey :15:

My kids are now a slap shot away from playing Ice.....whole 'nother level of ass kicking :lol:

Rap Artist "Miguel" .....ehhh...not a big fan of that current style of Rap.

Im sure its the NFL's way of trying to lure a certain demographic they feel they can exploit for their own gain

3 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

Let's go see some Hockey :15:

My kids are now a slap shot away from playing Ice.....whole 'nother level of ass kicking :lol:

jes, one of the few things I miss in Cali...

3 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Im sure its the NFL's way of trying to lure a certain demographic they feel they can exploit for their own gain

Which is capitalism and I'm fine with it. In business I spent more time with the processing / client retaining side than I did with my sales peeps. Stressing how important account reps were and telling them that each day a client chose to stay with us was a "sale" and they had more sales than the whole sales department ever would.

I guess my point, if any, would be that bringing a client in the front door looks great until you monitor the back door standing wide open allowing ex-clients out. I can't count the times we've lost business to broker firms willing to work for free or how many times my sales peeps threatened mutiny because I wouldn't adjust our fees to get a large client. If you get a client because you sold yourself short you'll lose the same client as there's always someone willing to ho themselves out at a lower level you didn't even know existed.

The NFL seems to be operating at the whims of political correctness and a "be everything to everyone" as if Bernie Sanders is their head of sales. If I were doing an ROP retroactively or a sales proposal on a prior basis I'd see a huge red flag in the prospect of the financial status and propensity of the new fans to stay and spend money. I'm not sure how appealing to those that despise capitalism, violence and think the ideal end to a competition is a tie are the desirable demographic? 

Edited by BaBaBouy

Raiders suck

Im not buying the package this year either. The cost/enjoyment factor has gone down for me, not to mention my work/personal life schedule does some conflicting and I find myself only able to see about 40-50% of the games I pay to see. 

I still love the fooseball dont get me wrong, but I am also tired of the cry for social justice as well. There is nothing more ironic than a multi million dollar black man crying about social injustice, that came from a white home. 

I will catch the KC games when they are televised this season, and watch the Wolverines and Cornhuskers games on Saturdays. 

Now if you will excuse me Baba, I have to go turn tricks on the corner for 10 bucks less than Antonio so I can steal his business.

Si Se Puede!

1 hour ago, BaBaBouy said:

Which is capitalism and I'm fine with it. In business I spent more time with the processing / client retaining side than I did with my sales peeps. Stressing how important account reps were and telling them that each day a client chose to stay with us was a "sale" and they had more sales than the whole sales department ever would.

I guess my point, if any, would be that bringing a client in the front door looks great until you monitor the back door standing wide open allowing ex-clients out. I can't count the times we've lost business to broker firms willing to work for free or how many times my sales peeps threatened mutiny because I wouldn't adjust our fees to get a large client. If you get a client because you sold yourself short you'll lose the same client as there's always someone willing to ho themselves out at a lower level you didn't even know existed.

The NFL seems to be operating at the whims of political correctness and a "be everything to everyone" as if Bernie Sanders is their head of sales. If I were doing an ROP retroactively or a sales proposal on a prior basis I'd see a huge red flag in the prospect of the financial status and propensity of the new fans to stay and spend money. I'm not sure how appealing to those that despise capitalism, violence and think the ideal end to a competition is a tie are the desirable demographic? 

I agree with your point completely. The nfl has a history of rationalizing their policy. It is why they are hemmoraging fans and will continue to. Like espn firing bosephus. Who the eff was that for? Then they allow kapersuck to do as he does. The nfl needs to fire their PR team and reign in their broadcasters. Take it back to being about the game

Edited by sausage450r

21 hours ago, mike dee said:

Raiders suck

Not yet, this is our last day of not sucking.

Looks like that POS song has made the permanent rotation. Loved the Pitt / Cleveland love fest display, in their honor I'll make sure not to buy from any of the advertisers that bought commercials, unless of course I need their product. My convictions are convenienced based...

On 9/8/2017 at 11:20 AM, BaBaBouy said:

Did you ever have a client overestimating their worth to your company? Did they kick and scream on their way out as the company evolved in the never ending quest to grow?

I'm on your side of the fence as the NFL lost me too (since they're marketing being an NFL fan as a lifestyle). I don't know where they think they can go with that direction of theirs, but I assume they're targeting those willing to spend more than I am in order to swing from NFL and "celebrity" nutsacks. 

Thankfully baseball ain't too bad yet, now if only these fakkin Dodgers would get back off their azz...

On 9/11/2017 at 8:52 AM, rushjunkie said:

Did you ever have a client overestimating their worth to your company? Did they kick and scream on their way out as the company evolved in the never ending quest to grow?

I'm on your side of the fence as the NFL lost me too (since they're marketing being an NFL fan as a lifestyle). I don't know where they think they can go with that direction of theirs, but I assume they're targeting those willing to spend more than I am in order to swing from NFL and "celebrity" nutsacks. 

Thankfully baseball ain't too bad yet, now if only these fakkin Dodgers would get back off their azz...

Good point, probably one of the most important aspects of a successful business is understanding that spending 90% of your time on 10% of your clients isn't a good business model.

I get your point though, a multi billion dollar conglomerate has decided on a course of action so chances are I may be the problem. There are probably no last minute late night meetings by the NFL to solve the BaBa problem, if I were them I'd suggest keeping the door from hitting my azz on the way out. Still, there seems to be a trend going on and at ground view roughly $300 is going to Keith Stone instead of the NFL. I'm sure nobody will have their expense account cut at this point, quite frankly maybe a few pasty codgers that remove their headgear and place their hand over their heart during the National Anthem disappearing from the audience will have a positive affect? Maybe some of the divisiveness and animosity will no longer be an issue once the enlightened class is given the go ahead to use the NFL as yet another tool to help people understand?

I get what you're saying and learned a long time ago that I'm not nearly as important as I think I am, the day I accepted it the more I realized that in the general scope of things who gives a shiat? 

Edited to say that the Shock and Awe song really really sucks.

Edited by BaBaBouy

Apparently the nfl and espn still dont get it. All i keep hearing in espn is how important monday night football was last night becaus they smashed glass cielings and racial inequality with a woman play by play announcer and hispanic sideline reporters.  Im out. Already regret tuning in this season. 

Cant we just watch football and not care what race or sex the refs and sideline reporters are?

9 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Apparently the nfl and espn still dont get it. All i keep hearing in espn is how important monday night football was last night becaus they smashed glass cielings and racial inequality with a woman play by play announcer and hispanic sideline reporters.  Im out. Already regret tuning in this season. 

Cant we just watch football and not care what race or sex the refs and sideline reporters are?

Don't think the woman will be back, terrible reviews. Some called it unlistenable.  The Networks have a long history of handing mic's to people who have no business in public speaking and there sex or ethnicity have nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, sausage450r said:

No, we can't. We also can't point out the high ratio of minority players in the NFL when pointing out the low participation rate of minorities in head coach positions.

27 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

No, we can't. We also can't point out the high ratio of minority players in the NFL when pointing out the low participation rate of minorities in head coach positions.

How did you like the new jason derulo/hank monday night football song?

1 hour ago, sausage450r said:

How did you like the new jason derulo/hank monday night football song?

Didn't see / hear it. Had some schizz going on so I was late to the game but made up for it by leaving early...

3 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

Good point, probably one of the most important aspects of a successful business is understanding that spending 90% of your time on 10% of your clients isn't a good business model.

I get your point though, a multi billion dollar conglomerate has decided on a course of action so chances are I may be the problem. There are probably no last minute late night meetings by the NFL to solve the BaBa problem, if I were them I'd suggest keeping the door from hitting my azz on the way out. Still, there seems to be a trend going on and at ground view roughly $300 is going to Keith Stone instead of the NFL. I'm sure nobody will have their expense account cut at this point, quite frankly maybe a few pasty codgers that remove their headgear and place their hand over their heart during the National Anthem disappearing from the audience will have a positive affect? Maybe some of the divisiveness and animosity will no longer be an issue once the enlightened class is given the go ahead to use the NFL as yet another tool to help people understand?

I get what you're saying and learned a long time ago that I'm not nearly as important as I think I am, the day I accepted it the more I realized that in the general scope of things who gives a shiat? 

meh. Don't be so hard on yourself about it. Multi billion dollar conglomerates have been known to have their head up their azz from time to time. Football should be not much more than a reason I drink and talk shiat with buddies on Sunday. 

In the meantime, I'll still be flying my Raider flag and walking my kid to school in the jersey, but it'll be mostly to confuse, intimidate, and appall my mostly pasty codger neighborhood...

4 hours ago, sausage450r said:

ESPN put all their eggs into two baskets, NFL and NBA, creating a year long Soap Opera.  I haven't been able to watch ESPN (outside of a real game) for a couple of years now, every 3 minutes they do some special on some person that has been treated wrong or is trying to save the world...............I want sports, not an Oprah show.

If it wasn't for Fantasy football ( I know lame), the NFL would have been hurting 8 years ago.

Isn't there a passage in The Bible that describes this as the end of times?

On 9/12/2017 at 7:44 AM, BaBaBouy said:

I will be a monkeys uncle if I think I can eff with a guy that can drink 300 bucks worth of keystone light. 

Im out.

Pease.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:59 AM, CRUSTY said:

Was that targeted at the BET audience? Worldstarhiphop?

On 9/8/2017 at 9:36 AM, sausage450r said:

I'm surprised they didn't cross promote with Col Sanders...   or should it be Church's Chicken?

I'm looking forward to seeing them selling chicken and waffles for $45 at the concession stand...  probably selling 40s for $25. That must be a very affluent crowd they're catering to.