Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BaBaBouy

I'm a little tea pot

Recommended Posts

I was putting in air lines in my garage a couple days ago and decided to change things up a bit in listening to news instead of tunes while working. I was kind of interested in what fake news was up to so I put CNN on. After about 6 hours I counted that tea pot commercial playing roughly 24 times.

The commercial is put on by some government agency and is aimed at telling guys to take time to be a father. The ad features a really creepy postal service worker who is walking up a sidewalk and looking in to a home window. Inside a wrestler dude is playing with a little girl singing "I'm a little tea pot." A close up of the postal chick's face shows a weird look of a peeping Tom that appears to want the high hard one. To me this commercial seems to warn people about government employees walking around your property.

Anyway, stupid azz commercial aside, how much is the government paying for shiat like this? I've seen the commercial a couple times before on different venues but never to the extent it was aired on CNN. How much money does CNN get for this? Is this a backdoor to convert tax dollars in to revenue for approved allies?

The same CNN session also produced a commercial to "save the VA from privatization." This gem showed a supposed Vet claiming he would have been misdiagnosed IF the VA wasn't run by government employees. I'm not sure if that commercial came out of the VA budget or if it was paid for by union dues money, either way we paid for the spot.

I'm not sure if or when I'll be motivated enough to delve in to this, just a thought regarding an entity that's billions in debt putting out stupid shizz on an even worse network. our money to show a pervert drooling over a male having a tea party with a little girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did U use sprinkler pipe for your air line ? if U did thats a :explode:waiting to happen

Oh and what was your ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

Did U use sprinkler pipe for your air line ? if U did thats a :explode:waiting to happen

Oh and what was your ?

...tip me over and pour me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't Muscular, long haired, tattooed Latino types be good fathers who play "Tea" with their daughters?

The commercial should show a Tobacco chaw chewing, beer bellied, overall wearing Southern America type playing "Princess Dress up" with their daughters!

:ken:

 

My Cousin worked for CA "First 5" - An Education Organization that was fully funded on State money to educate the masses on the importance of early education, paret involvement, etc...made me want to puke the amounts of funding these orgs get to "Help" the masses.

 

:crusty:

I get your "Beef" with it, these ads cost money....out tax money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

Why can't Muscular, long haired, tattooed Latino types be good fathers who play "Tea" with their daughters?

The commercial should show a Tobacco chaw chewing, beer bellied, overall wearing Southern America type playing "Princess Dress up" with their daughters!

:ken:

 

My Cousin worked for CA "First 5" - An Education Organization that was fully funded on State money to educate the masses on the importance of early education, paret involvement, etc...made me want to puke the amounts of funding these orgs get to "Help" the masses.

 

:crusty:

I get your "Beef" with it, these ads cost money....out tax money.

Funny to see an entity that can't balance a checkbook and thinks abortion is a preferred after the fact contraception choice speak of being a parent.

That dude in the ad was hot though, the cougar not so much...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Funny to see an entity that can't balance a checkbook and thinks abortion is a preferred after the fact contraception choice speak of being a parent.

That dude in the ad was hot though, the cougar not so much...  

I did not know he was a WWE Wrestler...

 

I got 30 Ice Cold 'Stones that says you can take him down (Kiddy pool, baby oil, blue blockers and banana hammock)

roman-reigns-992436.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 9:55 AM, CRUSTY said:

I did not know he was a WWE Wrestler...

 

I got 30 Ice Cold 'Stones that says you can take him down (Kiddy pool, baby oil, blue blockers and banana hammock)

roman-reigns-992436.png

"You're my boy Blue, you're my boy..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 7:51 AM, BaBaBouy said:

...tip me over and pour me out.

Bend me over and eat me out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, saychz316 said:

Bend me over and eat me out

F*CK...you beat me to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mac said:

F*CK...you beat me to it.

 

Rise above it, locker room humor has no place in the officer's club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BaBaBouy said:

Rise above it, locker room humor has no place in the officer's club.

It did in my day....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mac said:

It did in my day....

 

Freaking Squids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 6:52 AM, BaBaBouy said:

I was putting in air lines in my garage a couple days ago and decided to change things up a bit in listening to news instead of tunes while working. I was kind of interested in what fake news was up to so I put CNN on. After about 6 hours I counted that tea pot commercial playing roughly 24 times.

The commercial is put on by some government agency and is aimed at telling guys to take time to be a father. The ad features a really creepy postal service worker who is walking up a sidewalk and looking in to a home window. Inside a wrestler dude is playing with a little girl singing "I'm a little tea pot." A close up of the postal chick's face shows a weird look of a peeping Tom that appears to want the high hard one. To me this commercial seems to warn people about government employees walking around your property.

Anyway, stupid azz commercial aside, how much is the government paying for shiat like this? I've seen the commercial a couple times before on different venues but never to the extent it was aired on CNN. How much money does CNN get for this? Is this a backdoor to convert tax dollars in to revenue for approved allies?

The same CNN session also produced a commercial to "save the VA from privatization." This gem showed a supposed Vet claiming he would have been misdiagnosed IF the VA wasn't run by government employees. I'm not sure if that commercial came out of the VA budget or if it was paid for by union dues money, either way we paid for the spot.

I'm not sure if or when I'll be motivated enough to delve in to this, just a thought regarding an entity that's billions in debt putting out stupid shizz on an even worse network. our money to show a pervert drooling over a male having a tea party with a little girl.

Marketing 101: advertise where your "buyers" are.  Most conservative families I know have no issues with absentee fathers and dedicated parenting.  It's the hippies that seem to not plan shit like this out, or make good on their responsibilities and actions.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, Mac said:

It did in my day....

 

Grabbing kitties? :bigrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Marketing 101: advertise where your "buyers" are.  Most conservative families I know have no issues with absentee fathers and dedicated parenting.  It's the hippies that seem to not plan shit like this out, or make good on their responsibilities and actions.

Grabbing kitties? :bigrin

I'm fairly certain the majority of people needing government assistance in parenthood aren't watching news channels. In all fairness I haven't been watching Judge Judy, Tyler Perry, certain ethnically specific channels or Extra so I can't comment with certainty on the ratio of commercials. At first glance it would seem educated folks wouldn't be the targeted audience, the CNN venue however seems to be an obvious preferred dumping ground for backdoor government funding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

I'm fairly certain the majority of people needing government assistance in parenthood aren't watching news channels. In all fairness I haven't been watching Judge Judy, Tyler Perry, certain ethnically specific channels or Extra so I can't comment with certainty on the ratio of commercials. At first glance it would seem educated folks wouldn't be the targeted audience, the CNN venue however seems to be an obvious preferred dumping ground for backdoor government funding.

Not government assistance, but many of them are split up or never married/dedicated/whatever parents.  

That being said, my son likes to watch "How the Universe was Made", which is apparently on in the middle of the day (DVR'd, who watches TV live? :bigrin).  The number of drug rehab and sue for xyz affliction due to medication ads is disheartening...

Edited by Rockwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commercials like this are used as fillers for unsold commercial time by the networks as they are required to provide as a condition of their broadcasting license.   They air public service announcements for these previously mentioned charities that are either taxpayer, private or publicly funded to try to steer the lemming public in general in some way.  So off hand the program you were watching probably has poor ratings and is having trouble drawing "sponsor" dollars.  They meet their requirements to air these ads on less viewed programs freeing up commercial time for the paying customers.  So its either cheap or free and probably not directly paid for the way you might be thinking.  Think of it as a symptom of their struggle for viewership in trying to sell their fake news.

At least that is the way I understand it maybe someone more in the know can correct me or further explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rayspeed said:

Commercials like this are used as fillers for unsold commercial time by the networks as they are required to provide as a condition of their broadcasting license.   They air public service announcements for these previously mentioned charities that are either taxpayer, private or publicly funded to try to steer the lemming public in general in some way.  So off hand the program you were watching probably has poor ratings and is having trouble drawing "sponsor" dollars.  They meet their requirements to air these ads on less viewed programs freeing up commercial time for the paying customers.  So its either cheap or free and probably not directly paid for the way you might be thinking.  Think of it as a symptom of their struggle for viewership in trying to sell their fake news.

At least that is the way I understand it maybe someone more in the know can correct me or further explain.

I thought there could be an element similar to what you describe, I wonder if there are any tax advantages to a corporation that airs "x" amount of "free" commercials? I wonder how much government entities are spending to produce these gems?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, BaBaBouy said:

I thought there could be an element similar to what you describe, I wonder if there are any tax advantages to a corporation that airs "x" amount of "free" commercials? I wonder how much government entities are spending to produce these gems?

 

Probably about $3M per second of commercial airtime, give or take (see what I did there?) a couple $mil...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post
Sign in to follow this  

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...