matta986

2D leaking oil from front of tranny

27 minutes ago, matta986 said:

Put it in 3rd now.  Disconnect the linkage and reconnect it with the shifter in 1st and see if that does the trick.

Done and done. You are the effin man! Been beating my head against the concrete all night. Thank you sir. I owe you a beer!

On 10/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, mcmscott said:

No, it is not suppossed to hold a shaft in place, the bore of that hole goes thru the gear carrier, in between the shafts are interlocks used to keep the gearbox from going into 2 gears at once. The set screw is just a plug for that bore, it should bottom on the threads and not the shaft. Most builders (myself included) use locktite of some fassion, 241, 271, 518 ect on the threads then after the setscrew is all the way down fill the remaining portion with a solid rtv, I use ultra grey. Some builders only use rtv on the threads and then fill the remaining  areas of the bore with the same rtv.

Hey Scott, you're hired!

19 hours ago, SEAN@WEDDLE said:

Hey Scott, you're hired!

Where is the "like" button?

20 minutes ago, mcmscott said:

Where is the "like" button?

See the little heart icon in the lower right corner of the post ? That is the like button.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:06 PM, BCannon said:

Done and done. You are the effin man! Been beating my head against the concrete all night. Thank you sir. I owe you a beer!

So mine is leaking in the same place. Seems very worn with a lot of play. Was yours easy to get out? How easy was it to get new one in? Did you use any kind of lubricant or sealant to get it in and not slip out?

19 hours ago, Lepimpster said:

So mine is leaking in the same place. Seems very worn with a lot of play. Was yours easy to get out? How easy was it to get new one in? Did you use any kind of lubricant or sealant to get it in and not slip out?

Mine came out easy and new one went in easy.   No lubricant used. 

Surprised no one has suggested that 2" hollows would have prevented that. 

Seriously though, I think an Albins is in your future  

😂

Edited by fortyfour

On 1/28/2019 at 1:32 AM, Lepimpster said:

Came out and went in easy. Just make sure you have the right once going back in by matching it up with the old one. I put some sealant on it before putting it back in and have had no issues since. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:42 AM, BCannon said:

Came out and went in easy. Just make sure you have the right once going back in by matching it up with the old one. I put some sealant on it before putting it back in and have had no issues since. 

Did you jack the front of the car up? I have the same leak and was told to raise the front so the trans fluid doesnt spill out.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:59 PM, fortyfour said:

Surprised no one has suggested that 2" hollows would have prevented that. 

Seriously though, I think an Albins is in your future  

😂

Almost spit my drink out allover my computer screen.  So Funny.

Also, Sean@weddle  is the man!

On 2/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, matt86m said:

Did you jack the front of the car up? I have the same leak and was told to raise the front so the trans fluid doesnt spill out.

No, I took that opportunity to change the trans oil while I was at it so it was empty when I changed the seal.